Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 2: April 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outfit is nice and Letizia looks fine for the event. However, I do agree that she's been wearing a lot of black and white lately... though now we're entering autumn and later winter, I can imagine that she will be starting to wear darker colours.

The outfit is nice and Letizia looks fine for the event. However, I do agree that she's been wearing a lot of black and white lately... though now we're entering autumn and later winter, I can imagine that she will be starting to wear darker colours.

Remember she's still in Mourning for her Grandfather, so all the dark for Summer colours lately aren't that surprising really.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I thought she looked very glamorous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think she looks wonderful and very glamorous. I don't know what it has to do with Madonna, however.

Well I think she looks wonderful and very glamorous. I don't know what it has to do with Madonna, however.

Actually I don't get the Madonna remark either unless it was said in jest, to mock Americans, but I don't believe DoM would purposely do that.

I don't like Letizia at all. So far the first day on visit very disappointment for me.

Last edited:
I don't understand the need for glamour she is not a movie star but a Queen . I think she looks elegant.

Actually I don't get the Madonna remark either unless it was said in jest, to mock Americans, but I don't believe DoM would purposely do that.

I am not mocking anyone but referrring to Madonna's overexcercised arms that don't look pretty, similar to Letizia's.

I think Madonna was recently in Washington on concert flexing her well sculpted bits and unspeakables,the European media often use the term 'Madonna arms' for anyone with with similar muscle tone,I think our DOM was alluding to that and not mocking anyone.

I really wish Letizia would think outside the box for a change and add a bracelet or a ring or something to give the look a more polished finish.The black dress is nice but we've seen too many of them so far this year so it was a bit predictable.

Letizia usually hits it out of the park in her evening wear but not in that Nina Ricci cocktail dress. It's just unflattering, imo.

The less I see of her back and arms, the better I feel, sorry.:sad:

What is the title of this thread?

Is there a perfect line of beauty for a woman's back and arms? And if a woman falls on either side of that imaginary line, must we say her arms and back are skinny and therefore unattractive, or that her arms and back are fat and therefore unattractive? Perhaps the supposedly imperfect women should wear the chador rather than offend sensitive members of the public?

Letizia is a very beautiful woman. It is rare for her clothing to be unbeautiful or unsuitable. Her body-and that of any other woman (or man)- need not concern anyone other than herself and possibly her physician. This thread is not titled "Queen Letzia's 'bits and bobs'".

The outfit is nice and fits her well, but I would have liked it more if it were a one piece dress. The top is beautiful, but the divide where the top stops and the skirt is throwing me off. Her hair, makeup and jewels are lovely.

:previous:bravo! Love the cocktail, looks elegant and regal. Love the hairstyle and the earrings which go perfectly together
Btw, here in the USA, if I may make a wild generalization, nobody but madonnas hard core fan base cares about her anymore.

I love the color but not the style.

:previous: Ditto. I can think of only a couple of current Royal women who that style might flatter, but I do like the color.

Thanks for posting the photos. The Queen looked fabulous. Very elegant and suitable for an evening event. I prefer the look without lots of jewelry that screams ...see what I have...

Beautiful new dress on Letizia and the earrings look new?

WOW, THAT is a Dress! Like it much more than the Nina Ricchi one from the day before
BYe Bine

Elegant, beautiful Letizia. I love the dress , the hairstyle and yes i think the earrings must be new.

Its quite a typical Letizia evening cocktail dress - and whilst she looks good she does have a lot of black dresses and i would have preferred either a repeat of one of them or something in a new colour for her for her evening look

I love both the Capitol Hill dress- and the Georgetown dress. Especially the Capitol Hill dress- so glamorous!

I have liked all of Letizia's outfits so far except for the dress she wore to Georgetown. It is one of those dresses that is nice in theory but not in execution. I think the white lace medallion that is front and center below her waist is in an unfortunate location. It only gets worse because the medallions are squarely on her backside on the back of the dress. They look like two headlights.

Simply gorgeous, absolutely perfect. The dress, the hairdo, the make up, her posture.

Not a fan of this dress. It's too tight across the back and the pattern on the illusion looks like curtains IMO.

Simply gorgeous, absolutely perfect. The dress, the hairdo, the make up, her posture.

I agree very much. Plus not many women could pull this one off. Her slender build and correct posture needed to show to perfection

the European media often use the term 'Madonna arms' for anyone with with similar muscle tone,I think our DOM was alluding to that.

I, or friends, have never heard that expression. Now understand. We would probably call them Michelle Obama arms and they constantly write about her muscle toned arms in her sleeveless clothes.

The dress is fantastic. She looks wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom