Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 2: April 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great new dress for gala dinner in Paris. I love everything about this look!
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/g...e-spain-queen-letizia-20150602-185924-632.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/King+Felipe+Spain+Queen+Letizia+Spain+Official+bi3GCKhBD5ix.jpg

Looks like Varela, he has done similar dresses before.

June 3: reception at the Spanish Embassy in Paris. Recycled LBD and sandals
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGmDQRhWwAE4ghh.jpg

First- Stunning and regal. Love it.
Second- Weird neckline.

Several have remarked on the business suit/cocktail dress being worn at this occasion. Isn't it possible that is to make it more comfortable for those who are invited who may not own formal garb? I would imagine that not everyone invited to the dinner is rich or even well-to-do. Not every man owns (or wants to rent) a tuxedo, and not every woman owns a full-length gown. It's much more egalitarian to have functions at which a cross section of the populace can feel comfortable.

Beautifully worded. I have always thought that it is one of the many duties of all Heads of State to make sure all in their presence are comfortable. Clothing can accomplish this, I just never thought about it this way. Thank you for your enlightenment. You have a good heart to think of other's feelings in such a way.

:previous:have you ever been invited to a business casual affair and had to buy something new? Or casual Fridays, a whole new wardrobe? No I completely disagree with your idea as far as women are concerned. Men is another story. A cocktail dress is just as much as an evening dress, in fact, you can get away with a lot more with a long , simple dress than a short one and they are easier to sew yourself.

A very beautiful Queen.

:previous:have you ever been invited to a business casual affair and had to buy something new? Or casual Fridays, a whole new wardrobe? No I completely disagree with your idea as far as women are concerned. Men is another story. A cocktail dress is just as much as an evening dress, in fact, you can get away with a lot more with a long , simple dress than a short one and they are easier to sew yourself.

No, I have never had to purchase any type of clothing for any occasion. I guess I have been lucky in that respect. But, I certainly know some that have drastically misinterpreted what casual business affair means. Also, casual Fridays does not mean something you also wash the car in. My husband did have to rent a morning suit and tails once for a formal early wedding as was the written dress code. Suits and hats for women. Night time reception's code was tux for men floor length only for women. Even then it was stated that for women, sleeveless was not permitted. And we followed or didn't go. That was that. Things are much more lax today, which I find both nice and sometimes bizarre. I am sure that dress codes still exist for many occasions [I know they do for many Buckingham Palace events and are written in detail down to no bare legs] I remember Tom Hanks' wife Rita Wilson complaining about that just two years ago when they were at a reception there. So what some might find casual, others might consider that is their Church and funeral attire and their casual is ripped jeans and T shirt with Mickey Mouse covering it. All depends how you look at it and your own way of life.

She is faultless. She rocks the black tux.

She is faultless. She rocks the black tux.

Yes she does and all black is a very elegant look. No "spot of color" need for this perfection. I personally might have splashed with more silver toned jewelry [not gold] to complement.

I have always loved the tuxedo look. It looks especially lovely on Letizia!

Very chic and smart look on Letizia last night.

June 28, 2015 - Arriving in the evening in Mexico on start of the state visit.

Nice dress and it suits Letizia. I think if she recycles this dress in the future, it would look great with a boxy jacket.

Full view ** Close up ** Side view

:previous:

It's a beautiful fit, especially in the side view picture. I'm looking forwward to seeing what Letizia wears for this visit.

:previous: Yes, the dress is very pretty and the cut is great for Letizia.

However, I expected a more formal appearance, just like the arrival outfit she wore to Paris. Although I guess the different kind of reception is the main cause. In Paris they went inmediately to a military ceremony and this seems to be just an arrival outfit.

I agree with Annie,whilst it is lovely it doesn't look formal enough for an arrival Ceremony at a State Visit,but on the plus side its not a jump suit ;)

Its nice but not enought for a state visit.
The Letizia in this trip is serious competition with the first lady of Mexico.

Just read that they arrived at 3am Mexico time. If it had been me I'd have been wearing my pajamas. For that time of the morning, she looks fantastic. Not to mention, the dress looks to be comfortable and it fits her well.

Just read that they arrived at 3am Mexico time. If it had been me I'd have been wearing my pajamas. For that time of the morning, she looks fantastic. Not to mention, the dress looks to be comfortable and it fits her well.
That's true. I was meaning exactly that, they probably went straight to their hotel afterwards so there was no need for a more elaborate outfit, IMO.

I'm sure she will dress up for the official ceremonies later today.

I love the style but not the print.

Fantastic look on Letizia, especially given the arrival time, I think it is most appropriate. I love this dress and it looks terrific on her.

June 29, 2015 - Letizia in a red one shoulder dress.

I love the color and the style but I don't like the lace, its too heavy. The shoes are totally wrong and to daytime looking. Great hairstyle and nice make up.

Full view ** Side view ** Close up

The colour of the dress is nice as is her hairstle and the earrings are beautiful,I think Letizia has the most toned royal arms in Europe!

I like the red look at the Mexico dinner - the shoes work for me cause in some pictures ive seen they have a glitter aspect to them. Red is one of Letizia's best colours the other being white

Gotta love it when Letizia comes out in a red dress! Love it! The dress, makeup and hair are wonderful. The shoes, well, they are on her feet, that's about the best thing that I can say about them with this dress. Not a fan. Silver, gold or even black strappy heels would have been better. All-in-all, she looks stunning.

Red suits Letizia very much... I have nothing to complain about...

Letizia looks lovely, would love to know how her hair is done. The First Lady needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom