Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's incredibly rude to suggest such a thing. Yes, her fashion sense at times is questionable, but she's not showing her stomach. fashion is incredibly subjective. There are plenty out there who think this is fine, particularly for the event. And there are others who agree. But to suggest she doesn't respect her position? Because of bad fashion? It's rude and it's ignoring the work she does.

That is how I feel. Yes, one does show respect for an event or institution or who is being represented by how one dresses :flowers:

That is how I feel. Yes, one does show respect for an event or institution or who is being represented by how one dresses :flowers:

not because of ugly pants. She didn't show up in a crop top. She showed up in ugly pants. That's not disrespect to an event or institution. Don't be over the top.

There is a difference between bad fashion and inappropriate fashion. Letizia, when she gets it wrong, has bad fashion 99% of the time. I can think of one, maybe two times it was borderline inappropriate.

How utterly ridiculous.

Bad fashion is always a matter of opinion, in case of royals one must always consider what fashion is worn to what event. While wearing leather pants or flimsy short dresses at fashion awards or meetings with young people might be ok (even if people find the outfit ugly), it looks out of place at a board meeting with a foundation etc.

Just an example: while this outfit is ok to wear to the supermarket (the cut of the pants: no comment) I find it inapproriate and respectless for the position. Its a military event where people show up in uniform and you wouldn't expect those who represent the state wearing casual clothes.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gFBg8MVZ1...600/2011-07-08--AirForceAcademyGraduation.jpg

Bad fashion is always a matter of opinion, in case of royals one must always consider what fashion is worn to what event. While wearing leather pants or flimsy short dresses at fashion awards or meetings with young people might be ok (even if people find the outfit ugly), it looks out of place at a board meeting with a foundation etc.

Just an example: while this outfit is ok to wear to the supermarket (the cut of the pants: no comment) I find it inapproriate and respectless for the position. Its a military event where people show up in uniform and you wouldn't expect those who represent the state wearing casual clothes.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gFBg8MVZ1...600/2011-07-08--AirForceAcademyGraduation.jpg

it's a nice blouse and business pants, not jeans and t-shirt. The jacket is a bit eh, but I wouldn't call it inappropriate or disrespectful. And no, it isn't something you'd wear to the supermarket. It's certainly a nice work outfit, even if slightly ill fitting, but that seems to be the thing with several of the European royal women (and God help me, I don't know why). Again, the jacket is a bit eh, but it's not a hoodie.

Clearly there is a huge disconnect with what people find disrespectful and inappropriate.

I personally love the outfit Letizia wore today. I think the colour of her blouse is gorgeous and I like the minimalistic appearance of her skirt.

Perfect and elegant appearance!!

The whole look reminds me of Versace in the 90's. I like the her hair today.

The white outfit is lovely and elegant.

Very pretty! I like her hair here too even though I love it shorter.

She looks young and beautiful which does not really require much effort on her part.

She looked too girlish for me and like a school girl. This style should not be worn by Letizia.

Yeah,those type of collars are totally unsuitable for women and young girls in general.

that dress does nothing for letizia - it looks like something someone older would wear.

The coat-dress might be classy but that's what the event demands and it looks good on Letizia, IMO :flowers:

The fit is great for her and so is the black and white combination, and the embroidering is quite beautiful. And her hair, make-up and earrings are totally on point. This is an A+ from me.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/12/12/3953EE8F00000578-0-image-a-36_1476273090304.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/12/13/3953851E00000578-3834340-image-m-66_1476274628381.jpg
Spanish Royals Attend National Day Military Parade 2016 | jose gegundez | photographer
Spanish Royals Attend National Day Military Parade 2016 | jose gegundez | photographer

Very elegant with this dress, her hair ! Perfect!!

I thought Letizia looked really elegant day and I liked the coat-dress ,the hair and earrings too were perfect.

Queen Letizia looked stunning today. The coat dress is fabulous, as is her hair and makeup. Couldn't have asked for anything more for this national day.

I dont care much for her dress, it looks a bit too old for her but her overall is spot on. I wish she carried a more classic clutch, the one she wore was a bit too big, looked like an envelope.

Something in this outfit makes me wonder if it's not one of the outfits intended for the canceled SV to the UK.

The fabric is similar to the one of the headpiece they were making for Letizia, and the colours are quite similar: https://www.instagram.com/p/BA2MzV6IVnf/

That would also explain the very classic look and that it's quite a bit more dressed-up than usual Letizia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom