Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 5: July 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice dress and nice earrings too.

Nice look but i don't like the sandals at all.

The outfit is very lovely. I love the skirt.

A simple outfit which can't go wrong. The pumps are pretty for summer and wearable with anything.

The outfit is very lovely. I love the skirt.

JMO, but I agree with you. I an resigned that she will wear sandals a lot. And honestly, I like the sandals she has better than many of you here. I just wish she would pair them better with what she's wearing.

Long sleeve white blouse with sleeves rolled up to 3/4 sleeves do not scream out for the thinnest black straps in her closet. Balance, all I ask is balance. ;)
But I give her huge credit for the way she has stepped up her game since becoming Queen and evolving her style appropriately. Evolution of a public figure's sense of style can be fascinating to see.

[...] for the way she has stepped up her game since becoming Queen and evolving her style appropriately [...].

In honesty I do see little difference with Doña Letizia before and Doña Letizia after the assuming of the kingship by her husband. It is with Queen Mathilde and Queen Máxima, especially when it are formal events, who have stepped up with more outspoken garderobes, more elaborate hairdoes and more important bijoux than Doña Letizia.

See below and she could have worn it yesterday as Queen.

HRH The Princess of Asturias 1

HRH The Princess of Asturias 2

HRH The Princess of Asturias 3

HRH The Princess of Asturias 4 (with this week's outfit!)

HRH The Princess of Asturias 5

Personally, I don't see why Queens have to be more than they were as Princesses when it comes to clothing. If they look smart and tidy and the clothes are fit for purpose, why change? I think Letizia fulfills those criteria. From a fashion point of view sometimes I find her a bit safe and bank manager like but for meeting the requirements of her job, I think she's fine.

When she does pull out the stops she looks amazing.

:previous: I don't particularly care to compare "Queens". Honestly, sometimes I find Maxima a bit overwhelming at times though she usually looks wonderful on formal occasions. Mathilde always looks lovely at formal occasions but IMO, can sometimes come across as rather matronly looking for the less formal events. Letizia has a more casual look for some regular duties and yet Spain is, I think a bit more casual country. I love most of her sandals and it always amazes me the "heights" she goes too. How she is able to walk in them and maintain wonderful posture is beyond me. On formal occasions I think she looks very lovely. All in all, these three Queens have their own look which is appropriate to them and their countries and looks very nice on them.:flowers:

I think Letizia is doing great as Queen, of course, she has had hits and misses, but who doesn't? :D
She likes more the casual style, but we from the south like better the casual than formal (I also like formal wear, but our dailylife and even at a more formal activities we still go sometimes causal). I don't know if it is cultural thing or because of the climate, but I always felt that way, not only to us portuguese but for spanish and italians.

I've said it before elsewhere, but imagine a world where all the queens wore all the same styles - how uninteresting that would be. It's nice to appreciate each individual style and all the ups and downs that go with them!

Letizia is an interesting wearer of fashion - it is definitely an individual look that is all her own.

[...] but we from the south like better the casual than formal [...] I don't know if it is cultural thing or because of the climate, but I always felt that way, not only to us portuguese but for spanish and italians.

How to audge the spectacular dresses in Andalucia for fiestas, the grand tenues of the matadores in the arenas, the dramatic peinetas and mantillas, the overwhelming baroque richness and grandeur of public buildings, the decorations in the streets for fiestas (banners, flags, impressive churches, dramatic statues, solemn processions)? I have the feeling that Doña Letizia could wear with more guts and balls, show more colour and air more grandesse. Come on madam, you are the Queen of Spain! Her sister-in-law, the Infanta Doña Elena is so much more muy española. Let her take an example.

La Infanta Doña Elena visiting Sevilla (click on the picture to expand)

La Infanta Doña Elena with a grand mantón de manila from her grandmother, the Countess of Barcelona (click on the picture to expand)

Infanta Elena with a stunning classic braid (click on the picture to expand)

Can it more muy española than this? (click on the picture to expand)

The Infanta Doña Elena shows that a more outspoken, colourful and "more Spanish" appearance does not harm at all. On the contrary, I would say... I would recommend Doña Letizia to eat more pepper and spice it all up a bit. Less a bank manager, more a royal lady.

:flowers:

Last edited:
I don't think those styles would suit her. She would look overwhelmed - it would a case of the clothes wearing her. I think the clothes she wears suit Letizia's personality and Elena's clothes suit hers. JMO.

I don't think those styles would suit her. She would look overwhelmed - it would a case of the clothes wearing her. I think the clothes she wears suit Letizia's personality and Elena's clothes suit hers. JMO.

AMEN to that. Florestane i agree totally with you. Every each royal lady has her style . Now whether like it or not everything that's another story :)

I myself often find the so called muy española Infanta Elena way over the top, too much costume-ish and almost a joke to what being a Spaniard is :whistling:

The gown she wore to Victoria's wedding is the best example. How a Spaniard can even think that dressing up like a matador (when more than 70% of Spanish people are openly against bullfighting and many-like myself- feel really ashamed that those are a national symbol) is absolutely beyond me and really shows she (as many of her relatives) lives still on the past century and doesn't really have a clue of how this country works anymore.

I think Spanish women dress a lot more like Letizia than Elena, whatever the muy española image outside our borders is. Luckily for us.

I myself often find the so called muy española Infanta Elena way over the top, too much costume-ish and almost a joke to what being a Spaniard is :whistling:

I think Spanish women dress a lot more like Letizia than Elena, whatever the muy española image outside our borders is. Luckily for us.

Since you are Spanish and know the feelings and dress preferences of the Spanish people and their culture, I must take your opinion as truth. I myself thought that Elena's outfit a bit bizarre for a Swedish wedding but thought she just wanted a bit of attention. It would have been the same attention seeking if a German nobleman and wife showed up to Royal Wedding in Lederhosen and Dirndl & apron. Queen Sofia, on the other hand, looked beautiful and classy which was a credit to her country. Thank you again for your true insight.

:previous: I don't particularly care to compare "Queens". Honestly, sometimes I find Maxima a bit overwhelming at times though she usually looks wonderful on formal occasions. Mathilde always looks lovely at formal occasions but IMO, can sometimes come across as rather matronly looking for the less formal events. Letizia has a more casual look for some regular duties and yet Spain is, I think a bit more casual country. I love most of her sandals and it always amazes me the "heights" she goes too. How she is able to walk in them and maintain wonderful posture is beyond me.. On formal occasions I think she looks very lovely. All in all, these three Queens have their own look which is appropriate to them and their countries and looks very nice on them.:flowers:

The bolded part...Tell me about it. I'd be on the floor and that w/out taking a single step too. A good friend of mine once asked Elizabeth Manley, Cdn Champion and 1988 Calgary Olympic Silver Medalist in Figure Skating, how on earth she was able to walk in the heels she had on. Her reply was that when you're teeny tiny, you've got to do what you've got to do. :D. As we all know, Letitizia is a very petite lady w/a role where she needs to be seen, so...Gotta do what you gotta do. Like you, I am beyond impressed w/her posture in those things and also don't know how she does it.

The gown she wore to Victoria's wedding is the best example. How a Spaniard can even think that dressing up like a matador (when more than 70% of Spanish people are openly against bullfighting and many-like myself- feel really ashamed that those are a national symbol) is absolutely beyond me and really shows she (as many of her relatives) lives still on the past century and doesn't really have a clue of how this country works anymore.

Exactly and I still cringe whenever I see or just think about that outfit. There's a way to "dress Spanish" w/out going so overboard as Elena IMO so often does. That outfit would have w/out a doubt still have been "dressing Spanish", if it had just been one solid colour or the jacket being one colour in the pattern and the pattern making up the dress, because of the Bolero jacket. I know I think of Spain when I see a Bolero (and adore them too. I have three myself) jacket worn by someone. Instead once again Elena overdid things and...I will admit though, I did love the bun cover, but sadly I think that was the best part.

Then you look at Letitizia and there have been times when she has worn pieces to make up an outfit that is indeed "dressing Spanish", such as wearing a Bolero jacket, but when she does it, it's never in your face if that makes any sense. Sure she's had her Fashion Disasters, such as going too casual for certain events, but for the most part Letitzia gets it right.

I still think that red ensemble she wore for the IOC Congress Meeting when Tokyo won the 2020 Olympic Summer Games, was one of her finest hours Fashionwise. Red's one of *her* colours and combine that w/that dress and...YOWZA!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The outfit is exquisite. I love the print and colors.

A beautiful and colourful outfit on Letizia,it really suits her!

As we all know, Letitizia is a very petite lady w/a role where she needs to be seen, so...Gotta do what you gotta do. Like you, I am beyond impressed w/her posture in those things and also don't know how she does it.
I read somewhere that Queen Letizia is around 5'7' tall and of course she has a very slender frame. I wouldn't consider 5'7' all that short as it's 2" taller than me, and if you look at her in comparison to most women around her she appears to be of above average height. It's only when standing next to her husband that she looks tiny - but King Felipe is what 6'6" or 6'7"? Almost everyone outside of basketball players would look petite next to him! :lol:

I think this time Letizia selected an outifit too formal for the expo... it is a lovely suit though, and every shade of white looks fine on her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom