Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2015 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeveless for such a visit?
Though the outfit is lovely and nicely matched with the grey coat, she looked good.

The white outfit earlier today is nice but the belt isn't nice and I thought it was too casual.

I don't like sleeveless suits at all. The coat and the suit don't work together at all IMO.

Favourite outfit of the trip was the navy blouse and the floral skirt - some here have mentioned it was too casual i dont think that was the case. I thought she the blouse was just right for the fancy detail of the skirt. The rolled up sleeves are not an issue - it freshens the look and keeps it more modern which is Letizia's theme of being Queen

Both the white and red suits today are lovely and suit Letizia very well. The white suit gives a youthful touch to her wardrobe and the red suit is classical. Especially the red suit looks marvellous on Letizia. And the coat was stylish too. Letizia is lucky, she makes any outfit to look good with such a good posture. So far on this trip Letizia has been very well dressed.

June 4, 2015 - Letizia wearing a grey leather dress, ostrich skin clutch, snakeskin heels and gold earrings.

The dress in leather doesn't work for me, the snakeskin heels and ostrich clutch clash. Not a Queen look on a state visit that I would like to see.

Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up ** Closer view

June 4, 2015 - Letizia wearing a grey leather dress, ostrich skin clutch, snakeskin heels and gold earrings.

The dress in leather doesn't work for me, the snakeskin heels and ostrich clutch clash. Not a Queen look on a state visit that I would like to see.

i agree, this is too fashion victim for the queen on state visit. a more classic yet elegant outfit would have been best.

I agree 100% . This is not for the state visit.

Oh no to the sleeveless leather dress.
Not good for her figure and looks like an outfit to wear to a private party, not for state visit

I'll be the "odd man out" here. I love this leather dress. Love the cut/style and love the color on the Queen. The earrings are great and the other accessories are very nice. Her hair and makeup look fabulous. Very chic and very stylish.

horrible dress, too short, drab colour, ugly shoes, a total miss for a state visit.

From the neck up she looks perfect (love that hairstyle).
Dress is ok but not for a State Visit.
Shoes are cool but not for a Queen.
IMO

From the neck up she looks perfect (love that hairstyle).
Dress is ok but not for a State Visit.
Shoes are cool but not for a Queen.
IMO

I absolutely love her hair. Everything else...a big no.

Letizia's hairstyle is lovely but the dress and shoes are terrible and more celebrity red carpet than queen on a State Visit :nonono::nonono::nonono:

I'll be the "odd man out" here. I love this leather dress. Love the cut/style and love the color on the Queen. The earrings are great and the other accessories are very nice. Her hair and makeup look fabulous. Very chic and very stylish.

It is nice but not for Her Majesty The Queen of Spain (in ye olde days this still meant something...) on a State Visit to the most important neighbour with which so many historic ties are shared. This whole State Visit is off-key from A to Z. That is not Queen Letizia's fault (although she could have stepped up a bit in her appearance). It is all due to the incredibly low dresscode and low key protocol and ceremonial. An eternal shame and what a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

No, I'll join you. I think she looks fabulous.

No, I'll join you. I think she looks fabulous.

She looks fabulous on itself but you need to see it in the framework of the event. She is not a little Princess somewhere from Ruritania, she is the Queen of Spain -in my book that is one of the grandest royal positions imagineable- during a State Visit. She looks everything but a Queen, despite the nice outfit.

:flowers:

I agree 100% . This is not for the state visit.
I agree. I really like the outfit but not for official visit. Out to dinner with spouse or to movie, yes.

The grey dress is lovely but the shoes are awful.

Wow, what an outfit, she looks great from head to toe. The dress is fabulous and looks so good on her. The gorgeous earrings with that hairdo are a killer.

Thumbs up for me too for this leather outfit. Wonderful.

Not sure if it's been mentioned: what kind of leather is used for the dress? It would be a very fine texture, I'm sure, but robust enough to endure stitching during making and stretching during wear, without looking bulky.

I really dislike the leather dress. Not only is the style and fit off, but the color is not flattering. I also disliked the shoes. This dress and the red suit were my least favorite outfits of the trip

I think Letizia looks fantastic. I'm not usually a fan of leather for apparel except in jackets but this looks lovely and elegant. All around lovely choices, IMO.

June 6, 2015 - Letizia attending the Armed Forces Day 2015 in all white with black heels and a grey/black clutch.

I love such suits on Letizia, light weight fabrics, fitted and so on, these are suits she has to wear more often and not structured suits that age her. She looked very nice and white is a lovely color on her.

Full view ** Front view 2

Very lovely white outfit but i don't like the black heels with this outfit.

The minus the shoes is really lovely on Letizia,the colour is also very complimentary.

She shold burn those shoes. The rest is lovely... but I think it is too informal once again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom