Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2015 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I don't find Letizia or her style particularly regal. But maybe "regal" isn't what Spain wants or needs right now. Letizia has apparently decided the type of queen that she wants to be-modern, independent, trendy, approachable.

Beautiful outfit and hair but God awful tacky looking shoes,what was Letizia thinking!

The shoes are absolutely hideous. They look like stripper shoes to me. Extremely tacky.
Apart from that she looked very lovely. I love the curly bob and the outfit was wonderful.

The shoes:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/20/15/28E63FCF00000578-3089426-image-a-30_1432133374312.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/20/15/28E6401800000578-3089426-image-m-29_1432133364930.jpg
Belga Image - Editorial

I agree. They look like Pole Dancer's shoes.

The lace outfit is by Varela, a bit similar to Sofia's christening.
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/...e=67&uid=b3884744-b336-4887-9670-0c88003a0e4a

Letizia's outfit is just gorgeous, so elegant and stylish. The white lace looks good with green dress. This time the curls suit with the outfit. She took a risk with the shoes, her shoes don't bother me at all. Letizia looked fantastic today.

Yes.
I didn't even notice the shoes till they were pointed out, but then I almost never do notice shoes, unless they clash in colour or look seriously high/flat/clumpy. I think her whole outfit was beautiful.

the dress is beautiful but the look is ruined by those awful shoes, and at such an important religious event

I really like the dress and her hair looks lovely with all of the curls. But those shoes are hideous. They actually ruined the look for me.

Last edited:
The hair and the dress is divine, the shows are not my cup of tea
BYe Bine

Agree about shoes. We wore those damn things in late 50s to proms and dinner dances at clubs. Can't believe they are even sold again. We even carried "see-through" purses and clutches to match. Can't believe they will be popular again. IHN.

I really think people are over reacting a bit regarding the shoes. Maybe not what you would choose for yourself but certainly not as horrific as some people have expressed.

For the record: I'm an older woman whose taste is classic/conservative and though I'm not wild about them they do not send me into spasms of horror.:flowers:

My sister wore those

Agree about shoes. We wore those damn things in late 50s to proms and dinner dances at clubs. Can't believe they are even sold again. We even carried "see-through" purses and clutches to match. Can't believe they will be popular again. IHN.

They were called "springolators"!

The shoes are pretty bad. Not sure what the thinking was there.

The shoes are pretty bad. Not sure what the thinking was there.

Did a bit of research last night and low and behold, Saks, Bloomingdales, Neiman Markus are including the same type of clear shoes. The prices are ridiculously high for acrylic but they will probably be a one season wonder. Go figure. Another "Back to the Future" style. But, if they do this new trend, they should make sure that they follow it perfectly and not include modern updates on the fashions of the 50/60. That is when it all falls apart, IMO.

The new Cinderella movie

Did a bit of research last night and low and behold, Saks, Bloomingdales, Neiman Markus are including the same type of clear shoes. The prices are ridiculously high for acrylic but they will probably be a one season wonder. Go figure. Another "Back to the Future" style. But, if they do this new trend, they should make sure that they follow it perfectly and not include modern updates on the fashions of the 50/60. That is when it all falls apart, IMO.

I'll bet these styles are based on the new Cinderella movie. Perhaps the girls insisted their mother get a pair of them.

Last edited:
I could see the girls choosing the shoes because of the movie the shoes are just a little fun.

This dress is amazing. Very good choice.

I think she looked good and this is a nice dress.

The dress Letizia wore today is beautiful. I love the black and white together. I'm not as big on her shoes though, as something about them is a bit odd for me. For the first time with her new bob, I think her hair looks a little unkempt.

I love the silk guipure lace Letizia wore for Leonor's First Communion. It's not the kind of lace that photographs well....but the close up detail is stunning. I also love the shoes....they're a bit of sartorial fashion fun worn with a classic outfit.

As to today's outfit....

I love it. It has Letizia's signature - chic, classy, minimalist.

Last edited:
Carolina Herrera should be one of Letizia's go-to designers. She always looks great in CH!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom