Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: April 2015 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outfit looks to be appropriate for the outing and I like it. Even the shoes, kind of funky.

I am a very loyal fan oh the Spanish Monarchs. I think they are a very honorable serious couple. They are also very good looking. I loved their look! However those transparent plastic shoes are horrendous. I like to see Letizia I classic shoe like the Carolina Herrera's black shoes.

Oh dear God,those awful pants are back and a new set of hideous footware ,when Letizia gets it wrong she really goes out her way :D

Thank you for that . . . she really went out of her way even to find a matching clutch bag :ermm:

As much as I liked the evening outfit, this look is as ugly as it comes. Patterns all wrong, shoes, Pyjama pants, ick!

Outfit mix match gone wrong.
This style is very much her style and it's similar to looks she wears on her private days out, but for an official event, this simply doesn't work. The pants are too pyjama looking, the shoes are all wrong.

June 29, 2015 - Letizia in Mexico.

Lovely dress colour and a nice jacket but I don't like the colour, its a bit too old for her and the ties aren't pretty.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up

Yes, I agree that the jacket has no special ties and pattern but I like the shape... The dress looks lovely and all in all Letizia looked chic.

I love the whole outfit, she looks beautiful!

It's fine liking sparkling things.....but if the monarchy is to survive as the political model in Spain, it has to adapt. Letizia has the pulse where is the vibe in the country...and Felipe and Letizia are doing famously well.

BTW, I'm glad it's noticeable that Letizia is a Queen's Consort. It's precisely her Constitutional role.

Since you are a Spanish woman and seem to know what your country is feeling and desires right now, I appreciate your comments. You are most likely to know what is correct for your people at this time. Thank your for your insight and sharing.

I don't dress like my mother. Or my grandmother. Change happens all the time.

In Spain, stylish means being contemporary - dressing smart without ostentation, looking austerely chic without excess.

Queen Letizia's approval rates in Spain are going through the roof precisely because she's stepping back leaving the focus to her husband, while dressing and behaving like the Spaniard she is.

Thank God I don't dress like my mother, or grandmother and certainly not like my mother-in-law. Even when I look at pictures of them at my age I shutter in horror and they were in that day's extreme upscale style! Heavens, change is welcome and good in most cases. Being a grandmother of late 20 year olds I do shake my head at times. Not my style or wish but I give them credit for wearing if it makes them comfortable. At least their bodies are covered in places that shouldn't be displayed.

Queen Letizia is probably not ever wearing a thing that her husband hates as she is there to complement the King and his wants. From the expression on his face most times, I believe she is making him happy and at peace in his private life. That is her job.

Oh dear God,those awful pants are back and a new set of hideous footware ,when Letizia gets it wrong she really goes out her way :D

Lord, I see this type of dressing all the time now and still can't get my eyes around it. I hope it is a one season wonder and by next year will be forgotten. I have NEVER liked patterned slacks/pants on anyone. Male or female. JMO. But at least she has kept to same colors in tops. My eyes cross when nothing at all matches. The shoes, egh, I am getting used to that type as see on women daily walking into high-end shops. Never on me but am fascinated on all those straps and ridiculous high thin heels.

Didnt Letizia hire a Stylist recently? It's old fashioned varela, could have been made for her mom paloma.

Did she? Her outfits don't look like a stylist would style them, they are very much her styling from her Princess days.

This seems a last minute suit what was available at Varela.

Leti looks good I like the colors. The first lady is dressed for cocktail hour not meeting a King and Queen.

I like the dress and jacket combo in Mexico - the colour of the dress is very similiar to the dress she wore (under the lace coat) at Leonor's first communion. The first lady's outfit isnt nice at all and not what you would expect on a important state visit by the King and Queen of Spain

The dress and jacket are fine and interesting colors. The Mexican presidents wife looks like she is going to a 70 s party!

The first lady's outfit isnt nice at all and not what you would expect on a important state visit by the King and Queen of Spain

I tend to agree with you on this observation. First Lady's outfit would be lovely when shopping or going to lunch at mall. It is very nice but this time I believe Queen Letizia is dressed better for the daytime event.

She looks very elegant and lovely.

June 30, 2015 - Letizia in a white and reprinted skirt matched with a red shirt and red heels and a flower red clutch.

Lovely look and great colors!

Full view ** Close up

Lovely simple outfit on Letizia but it really works!

Red seems be favourite choice for Letizia on this state visit, but as others have said elsewhere, she looks good in red! And, she is wearing those nice earnings too I always liked.

Letizia looks good in red! That shirt is very nice! No on can say she didn't look professional this time IMO.

Letizia looks good in red! That shirt is very nice! No on can say she didn't look professional this time IMO.

Yes, I agree. And those shoes are certainly lovely and not those gladiator things that even other royals are now wearing, but lovely sexy up-to-date heels. Big improvement and the correct color for outfit.

Yes, I agree. And those shoes are certainly lovely and not those gladiator things that even other royals are now wearing, but lovely sexy up-to-date heels. Big improvement and the correct color for outfit.

:lol: BTW I often think Letizia is unfairingly bashed for her fashion choices...;)

And she is also lauded when she gets it rights ;)
Well, of course! That's more than obvious! :flowers: What i mean is that I don't understand at all the uproar her choices in fashion causes... I mean, I have witnessed far more extravagant or daring looks and no one complained:lol:

She looks absolutely lovely, great choices and her makeup is wonderful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom