Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Welcome to Part 2 of
Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion

You can find the old thread here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I don't know why but the fact that she is looking radiant makes her simple but refined oufit shine!

I don't know why but the fact that she is looking radiant makes her simple but refined oufit shine!

I agree that she shines. She has the ability to make anything she wears look good, but I still find the ensemble difficult to mesh with the great beige dress the woman behind her is wearing. Letizia actually looks more casual than the women around her, but her bearing makes the clothes secondary - sort of - in this case. :flowers:

:previous: I see your point... I like that she wore a red skirt because she generally opts for more sober and teneous colors:flowers:

A tulip shaped fitted Quene Letizia well. The belt was an unnecessary extra. A blouse or short collarless jacket would have done a better job completing the look.

I am loving Letizias understated style at the moment.

In general Letizia looks nice, although there's something off about the colour combination to me and I can't quite put my finger on it. I also wish that she would experiment with her hair a bit more, since I'm finding her current style a little boring and informal for a Queen.

A tulip shaped fitted Quene Letizia well. The belt was an unnecessary extra. A blouse or short collarless jacket would have done a better job completing the look.

I like the skirt but agree with you that a different top would have made a big difference in the whole look.

In general Letizia looks nice, although there's something off about the colour combination to me and I can't quite put my finger on it. I also wish that she would experiment with her hair a bit more, since I'm finding her current style a little boring and informal for a Queen.

I agree Hereditary Princess,her outfits have been hit or miss and more or less repeats from her doldrum wardrobe days as Princess of Asturias.

:previous:I like the color of the skirt, and yes it's informal which is okay some to the time. As for repeats, I think it's great that she is reusing her clothes, I wonder if the reason is that of the bad ecominic situation in Spain, she might now want to be seen as a clothes horse while so many are suffering.

Regardless of her clothes, she has a spring in her step, a shine about her, now that she is Queen she can come into her own and it's showing. The more relaxed look on her face, the glow in her smile and the bright eyes, yes this is a woman that is going far and doing it on her own terms with a great husband who backs her. :)

The outfit is lovely! The skirt is really nice and bright and matched perfectly with the crisp white shirt. The only thing missing was a nice necklace.

I agree Hereditary Princess,her outfits have been hit or miss and more or less repeats from her doldrum wardrobe days as Princess of Asturias.

:previous:I like the color of the skirt, and yes it's informal which is okay some to the time. As for repeats, I think it's great that she is reusing her clothes, I wonder if the reason is that of the bad ecominic situation in Spain, she might now want to be seen as a clothes horse while so many are suffering.

I actually meant her hairstyle rather than her clothes. :flowers: I think her latest outfits have been great, although sometimes there have been a few misses.

Regardless of her clothes, she has a spring in her step, a shine about her, now that she is Queen she can come into her own and it's showing. The more relaxed look on her face, the glow in her smile and the bright eyes, yes this is a woman that is going far and doing it on her own terms with a great husband who backs her. :)

I agree with you 100%, I think Letizia and Felipe are a great asset to Spain and the SRF. Felipe has been working hard as King, and is doing a good job so far.

:previous:
Thank you for your kind comment, this is one couple that I so enjoy watching from afar, they are to be respected and admired for all the good that is coming from them. Spain is a very lucky country to have them for they show they care and love the people. I so look forward to seeing more and hearing more from them.............:);):flowers:

July 30, 2014 - Letizia in a suit that is a few sizes too big matched with a lovely purple top and beige sandal heels. The suit is so unfeminine, not pretty at all.

Close up ** Full view

Given Queen Letizia's figure, she should avoid loose jackets that make her shoulders appear too big.

I noticed that some of the female guests are better dressed than Letizia,but I guess thats nothing new!

July 30, 2014 - Letizia in a suit that is a few sizes too big matched with a lovely purple top and beige sandal heels. The suit is so unfeminine, not pretty at all.

Close up ** Full view
I agree about it being too big. Love the shoes and the top. And she still has her toes painted, a girl after my own heart.;)

Close up ** Full view

I love it! She looks fab to me, especially with the vivid color of the blouse. Everything perfect.

Thumbs up from my end. :flowers:

I'm wondering if she is recycling some of her older clothes .... when she was a bit heavier. This is what I would call a "business suit", given the economic situation in Spain she may be delving into older clothes that she has not worn for some time. I agree it looks a bit big for her but I can't really fault her if she is trying to economize given the situation. In any event I think she looks lovely and cannot fault her if, indeed, this is an older suit.

I love her purple top. Although the suit does look a bit too big for her, she looks really great as always. Plus her hair is looking good again.

I do approve of the King's suit choice. A nice pin-stripe. :flowers:

The Hugo Boss suit looks good on Letizia, everything fits well. The fuchsia top is a great choice with this suit, good contrast. She recycles the Armand Basi sandals, which give a little edge to this business look. Her hair looked great.

The suit is hanging on her.I dislike this kind of masculine cloths on her.
She has no curves,she should favor more feminine outfits.
The seam of the pant is either not well ironed or not well sewn

The shoes are super ugly.
I like the top and make-up.
Nice that her hair is thick again.

The jacket might have been a little shorter, but otherwise I see no "few sizes too big" or "the suit is hanging on her."

Her hair looks amazing!

The jacket might have been a little shorter, but otherwise I see no "few sizes too big" or "the suit is hanging on her."

Her hair looks amazing!

I agree, the suit is what is call a relaxed fit. Not tight and form fitting. Actually looks nice on her slim frame. People complain when her slacks are tight and jacket form fitting also. I guess she is just doing what she wants now as she can't make 100% of people happy. Actually no one can.

As long as she represents her county and her husband to the best of her ability, I give her kudos.

I'm wondering if she is recycling some of her older clothes .... when she was a bit heavier. This is what I would call a "business suit", given the economic situation in Spain she may be delving into older clothes that she has not worn for some time. I agree it looks a bit big for her but I can't really fault her if she is trying to economize given the situation. In any event I think she looks lovely and cannot fault her if, indeed, this is an older suit.

It's great that she is recycling older clothes, if that's what's happening. But why not have some alterations to make the suit fit her smaller build? It's a nice suit but it doesn't fit. I don't find it masculine and like this style of pants on her much more than the tight ones she sometimes wears.

It is impossible to suggest any improvement on the suit of the King, as so often it fits 100% perfect on him. I agree with the observers above that the outfit of Doña Letizia left something to desire but it is no drama, just okay for the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom