Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia's dress is very pretty but when I sew the back part, I like it less, it ruined the outfit . It would've been much more nicer if it was all tweed. The fit is flattering but I thought it looks a but too tight where she looked slightly uncomfortable. The color of the dress is a great choice and the earrings a perfect match.

One cannot even compare Varela to the incomparable Missoni, imho. The styling and design of Letizia's dress is not very good. I dislike the two different fabrics. The only saving grace is the color.

I didn't like Queen Letizia's outfit today,the occasion like so many warranted better attention to detail which so often lacks in her choices,her hair up would have been a start.

I liked Letizia's dress until I saw the back. The different fabrics made me think they ran out of the tweed and couldn't get more in time to finish, so they improvised with the different fabric for the back. I am sure that is not what really happened but that is how it looks to me. Actually, I like the tweed and I like the fabric on the back - I just don't like them together.

:previous:I also was disappointed when I saw the back of the dress, did the designer run out of ideas or fabric? The front was nice, not great, but the back was horrible, and very unbecoming on her. Not a good choice at all!

I liked Letizia's dress until I saw the back. The different fabrics made me think they ran out of the tweed and couldn't get more in time to finish, so they improvised with the different fabric for the back. I am sure that is not what really happened but that is how it looks to me. Actually, I like the tweed and I like the fabric on the back - I just don't like them together.

I was not too impressed by the different back, but overall, I thought the fit and finish was very nice. Letizia, IMO, looked very elegant, and very much the Queen she is. It would have been nice to see some brooches, but I can understand her desire to be understated for now.

He may have sought inspiration from Missoni, but I thought the fit on his creation was far superior to the off-the-peg coat that the Duchess reportedly got from Bicester.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTEthe fit on his creation was far superior to the off-the-peg coat that the Duchess reportedly got from Bicester. ][/QUOTE]

Exactly so.. the fit was exceptionally good. HM looked wonderful... if only the back matched the front !

I adored the outfit on the Queen today. The coat dress was beautiful and the matching shoes and earrings were very nice as well.

I like the outfit as is. Better than Kate's.

Her earrings are lovely! Too bad she has to turn around so we can't see them, and all we see is the distracting fabric.

I like the outfit, but it doesn't quite say " Queen at a national event" does it?

:previous: Thank you, I was trying to put my finger on what was wrong and you nailed it. Lovely dress, beautiful hair, great jewellery but not quite on an equal par with her husband's full dress uniform.

That ensemble did not say "I am proud to be your wife and Queen Consort and to stand here beside you on this, our National Day". When I think of the ensemble she wore for her husband's ascention to the throne, I wonder why she didn't push the boat out a bit more for such an important occassion.

I think that is where Letizia consistantly misses the boat. Her husband's assention to the throne notwithstanding, whenever she stands beside him taking a Royal Salute and Review of the Troops, she is underdressed.

:previous: Thank you, I was trying to put my finger on what was wrong and you nailed it. Lovely dress, beautiful hair, great jewellery but not quite on an equal par with her husband's full dress uniform.

That ensemble did not say "I am proud to be your wife and Queen Consort and to stand here beside you on this, our National Day". When I think of the ensemble she wore for her husband's ascention to the throne, I wonder why she didn't push the boat out a bit more for such an important occassion.

I think that is where Letizia consistantly misses the boat. Her husband's assention to the throne notwithstanding, whenever she stands beside him taking a Royal Salute and Review of the Troops, she is underdressed.

I hear what you say. That said, I think Letizia has always been a conservative dresser, and to some extent, has always been somewhat "underdressed". Further, I just think republican winds are blowing strongly in an economically depressed Spain. She probably is not comfortable pushing the boat out in that environment. Thirdly, IMO, we have still not really fully heard the story of why JC abdicated. Is more bad news going to emerge at some stage? I think, for now, Letizia is probably focussed on being seen as a down-to-earth, approachable and hard working Queen of the people than fully dressing the part.

I think she looked lovely simple and elegant not fussy or over the top.

Queen Máxima followed the protocol and was dressed according the etiquette: formal ladies' day wear. Doña Letizia "forgot" who she is and who she was actually visiting. Way underdressed.

I'll not reiterate what I have said in other threads, suffice to say that I really like these dresses on Letizia - a nice clean-lined dress with some interesting embroidery cleverly designed.
It is nice to see the development of the individual queens' styles and to see that they are simply sticking to what they know, love and feel comfortable wearing for whatever occasion.

Letizia looked amazing today. She follows the style and etiquette of the spanish queens. She understands that "less is more". A beautiful dress with some great embroidery. Letizia looks always good in red. Nice shoes which match with the dress. Her hair looked good. And the clutch brought some edge to the outfit.

Letizia looked amazing today. She follows the style and etiquette of the spanish queens. She understands that "less is more". A beautiful dress with some great embroidery. Letizia looks always good in red. Nice shoes which match with the dress. Her hair looked good. And the clutch brought some edge to the outfit.

You and the other posters are right, the dress looks georgeous on her. Red suits her and I also loove the clear lines with some intersting details here and there.
But with a hat it even would have been the dot on the i.
Haaach........
Bye Bine

The Spanish royals do not wear hats or gloves that is not their style. The only time they wear these things are at weddings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom