Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 18: January 2022 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The queen looked really lovely and the brooch really added a nice regal touch to to the overall appearance.

She really did look lovely today. Love that while her hair is back, it isn't in a ponytail. This looks soooo much nicer.:flowers:

Queen Letizia at the funeral of Queen Elizabeth today, September 19:

** Full view **
other than the hat, there was nothing special about the performance or appropriate to the occasion. As is so often the case, the right jewelry is missing, especially since she wore the Joyas pearl brooch when she arrived yesterday but not for official events

She really did look lovely today. Love that while her hair is back, it isn't in a ponytail. This looks soooo much nicer.:flowers:

I really wish Letizia had worn better earrings or a brooch to the State Funeral ,almost all the other queens and consorts wore pearls as a nod to the queen and except jewelry unimaginative Letizia.

I really wish Letizia had worn better earrings or a brooch to the State Funeral ,almost all the other queens and consorts wore pearls as a nod to the queen and except jewelry unimaginative Letizia.

I think some queens like Mathilde or Sofia wore too much jewelry for a funeral.

Letizia, who is not particularly religious, opted for a plain look with earrings only, as appropriate for a Catholic queen in such occasions (even if it was a Protestant service). Just my personal opinion.

EDIT: Letizia was wearing the family pearl and diamond brooch when she arrived at the embassy on Sunday, so maybe the original plan was to wear it at the funeral service or the lying in state too, but either she changed her mind, or something happened, I don't know.

Last edited:
I think all the Royal Ladies wore Jewelry that meant something to them in relationship to Queen Elizabeth. We would not know what the meaning was but they would. No one wore too much jewelry.

That's a nice dress. Even the odd little band at the bottom probably works better if you see the whole thing.

Edit: And seen, there is no odd little band at the bottom; it was just a shadow.

Last edited:
I think some queens like Mathilde or Sofia wore too much jewelry for a funeral.

Letizia, who is not particularly religious, opted for a plain look with earrings only, as appropriate for a Catholic queen in such occasions (even if it was a Protestant service). Just my personal opinion.

I agree with you. She was sober and formal, it wasn't a moment for showing off jewels.

If you look back you will see that pearls are almost de rigueur for royal mourning so I wasn't surprised to see that so many wore pearls. It would have been lovely if she had worn the pearl brooch she wore the night before.

I love the white dress with the blue details/accessories. I like that blue heels, a color you don't often see in shoes.

The red dress looks fine. Red is her color.

The last outfit all white looked a bit bland and boring. I think the heels are red?

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom