Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 18: January 2022 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the pants either. But Letizia seems a huge fan of leather!

Leather is perfectly fine for private events but in my opinion not for official engagements and Letizia at times cannot distinguish between the two.

Whilst I do like the leather trousers in a social context, I just do not tink they are what I might expect to see on HM Queen Letizia to wear on a public engagement.

It is a tourism fair. Hardly a formal event even for a queen.

Letizia has made it clear that she is a modern woman with a working, middle-class background. And she dresses accordingly. It is not a question of her not having the dresses or the jewelry (as she has plenty); it is just her style. Royal watchers, especially inside Spain, should get over the fact that she is not Queen Sofia. It is hard to live under somebody else's shadow.

Sorry, Muriel. That was not meant as a reply to your comment specifically, but more of a general remark.

Last edited:
The pants don't bother me since I know she likes her leather. What I do not like are the "sky high" heels she has on with them. I'm feeling the shoes make the outfit less professional and more "let's go party". Just my thoughts.

Sorry, Muriel. That was not meant as a reply to your comment specifically, but more of a general remark.

I will try and live with the slight. If it all becomes to difficult, I am sure St Oprah (and her camerca crew) will comfort me and provide me with a warm embrace. ?

The pants don't bother me since I know she likes her leather. What I do not like are the "sky high" heels she has on with them. I'm feeling the shoes make the outfit less professional and more "let's go party". Just my thoughts.

I guess we all have our own pet hates!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like the pants as styled with the longer, patterned coat. I don't think I would like them with a short coat or just a sweater.

Letizia usually picks more modern and edgier looks for the tourism fairs.

Queen Letitzia attended a meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation for Help Against Drug Addiction today, January 20:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
That's such an improvement on yesterdays look today we have a professional look and a lovely suit too.

That's such an improvement on yesterdays look today we have a professional look and a lovely suit too.

And a contemperory one that works as well!

Queen Letizia in her wonderful grey Felipe Varela combination attended the delivery of Gold Medals for Merit in Fine Arts today:

** gallery ** November 2020 **

It's probably just my eyes playing tricks on me, but doesn't this suit looks like it's been tailored tighter than before...?:ohmy:

It looks more like a body-fitting top than a jacket/blazer... Has it always been like this?:ermm:

Its a really lovely outfit and always nice to see the queen wearing it.

It's probably just my eyes playing tricks on me, but doesn't this suit looks like it's been tailored tighter than before...?:ohmy:

It looks more like a body-fitting top than a jacket/blazer... Has it always been like this?:ermm:

I can't see any differences/changes made. It's always been slimline, see for example the photo of October 2017.

** December 2019 ** April 2018 ** October 2017 **

Queen Letizia attended a meeting with members of the National Council of the Spanish Association against Cancer in Madrid today, January 26:

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery **

Last edited:
The cape and top are really lovely but the leather skirt does nothing for the outfit.

The cape and top are really lovely but the leather skirt does nothing for the outfit.

I agree. Also, not sure about the fit of the skirt.

Queen Letizia attended a meeting with members of the National Council of the Spanish Association against Cancer in Madrid today, January 26:

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery **

Seems a bit of style mismatch: top is typical Hugo Boss business wear, the leather skirt seems more like fast fashion ie Zara/Mango/Z&M, and the cape very luxurious...

When I saw the blouse, I thought, very nice. But that leather skirt ....

Beautiful red dress and a very elegant look on the queen today.

I though Letizia looked really lovely and was better wrapped up for Winter Weather in Austria unlike in Sweden ;)

I though Letizia looked really lovely and was better wrapped up for Winter Weather in Austria unlike in Sweden ;)

I agree that she looked lovely and was luckily wrapped up warmly, because it is cold here!!

I think she chose black for her outerwear because of the Holocaust memorial they visited, which I appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom