Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 15: October 2019 - July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no rule saying that Letizia can't wear hats just because her mother in law didn't,Letizia is certainly not one for following traditions.I'm sure the Spanish Milliners would be over joyed if she started a new trend,I'm sure plenty of women wear hats in Spain out of practicality and also for an injection of style.

The pink dress is lovely and she looks wonderful.

Sha has worn hats. The latest was with Queen Maxima at Windsor: https://i0.gmx.at/image/206/33794206,pd=1/royals.jpg

Yes because she was visiting the UK, and at an event wear women wear hats. She was showing respect to the country she visited. In Spain, even the older ladies like Sofia, don't as a normal event, wear hats.

There's no rule saying that Letizia can't wear hats just because her mother in law didn't,Letizia is certainly not one for following traditions.I'm sure the Spanish Milliners would be over joyed if she started a new trend,I'm sure plenty of women wear hats in Spain out of practicality and also for an injection of style.

Highly doubt she takes fashion advice from her mother in law. Or she would be dressed in brightly colored pajamas. :lol:

There are ways of injecting style without adding a hat. Hats are just not a common piece of fashion in some countries, nothing wrong with that.

Letizia has a more sleek modern style. Most of the so called 'hats' royal women wear would not suit her style well. I dont miss seeing those fascinators on her head. A lot of accessories she could add to give a pop of style without a hat

Sorry, for me after the pants in 2010 the worst look ever on national day. Baby pink with butterflies and lace for a military parade, seriously? Far too girly for a woman approaching 50. The hairstyle did not suit Letizia either.

I don't have an issue with the dress. The colours may not be autumnal per se, and the style probably more garden party than military parade, but I think that is all down to personal likes and dislikes. However, I really did not like the hairstyle. I am happy to see her experiment, but this was not a style that, IMO, either worked or was event appropriate.

Too bad Letizia keeps using Varela on such high profile events. I am sure next week he will provide the outfit for the awards ceremony. He does simple shift dresses or business looks very well but not that kind of dresses with different styles.
The plastic shoes are a horrible addition to the dress.

She can pull off all kind of outfits and her posture is always so good but why did she have to wear those cheap looking shoes? Also her hairstyle isn't up to her usual standard. I wonder if she has changed her hairdresser, her hairstyles have changed lately and IMO are not so well done lately.

Queen Letizia's hair has been looking its best in years up until yesterdays appearance which looked unprofessionally done.

Letizia privately attended a ballet performance with her girls in Madrid last weekend:

** Pic **

:pthe plastic leather pants

Normally I would not be a fan of these "trousers" on a woman not far from 50, but Letizia had the body for them, and this was a private outing.

The queen Maxima wear your coat/jacket as a cape trend has spread ;)

Asides from Cher's leather pants Letizia looks nice and trendy.

Minus the flowers it wouldn't be too bad but they ruin it for me,queen Letizia's hair is really beautiful.

Hate the plastic leather pants!

LOVE the all gray dress with the full skirt and reddish pumps. The dress by Pertegaz is a big miss. Perhaps with a different collar it would look better.

Really dislike the dark hair color on Letizia. I find it severe and unflattering.

Letizia's Pertegaz dress is to die for. Her hair and her wedding earrings compliments the whole look.

It is not good when your teenage daughters are better dressed than you. I have to agree with D of M. This is a truly ugly dress.

The grey dress is fantastic. I love the shoes as well. :flowers:

Today is just ugly. The horrible art class flowers are right out of the 70s. And the necktie is so granny. Nothing flattering.

Her hair is the only upside.

Perfectly fine outdoor outfit for a wet autumn day .

I don't like the men's shoes on the ladies, there are much nicer options for a rainy day.

I don't like the men's shoes on the ladies, there are much nicer options for a rainy day.

This is the third time in the last couple of days that you and I have been in agreement about Letizia's wardrobe choices. She has worn shoes like these before (if not this pair) and I just don't think they are attractive.

Fully agree; this looks terrible. It's bad on Letizia but even worse on a 12 and 13 year old. Did they really have to borrow their father's shoes?

Not all women's shoes are heels or pretty little girly flats and ballerinas. The shoes go well with their trench coat looks. And are quite commonly found in the woman's section of a shoe store.

I like Letizia's look. Casual and appropriate for the weather. Love the coat.

Not all women's shoes are heels or pretty little girly flats and ballerinas. The shoes go well with their trench coat looks. And are quite commonly found in the woman's section of a shoe store.

I like Letizia's look. Casual and appropriate for the weather. Love the coat.

I agree they are not the only one going by this trend of pretending men's shoes to be women's wear as well (Charlotte Casiraghi/Rassam is another one in royal circles who likes men's wear). I wonder whether shoe designers will also start creating ballerinas for men :whistling:
IMO, these type of shoes are men's wear, just like women wearing a tie doesn't make a tie women's wear.

Nobody was asking for heels, girly flats or ballerinas; there are other options between those and formal men's shoes. Some nice sneakers would have worked perfectly fine and would be more age-appropriate for the princess and infanta.

Last edited:
that coat that leonor wore on the first day in oviedo is so cute - wonder what brand it is. very classy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom