The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
They are at the opening of ARCO ... an international fair of contemporary art ... modern, transgressive, controversial... if there is an event for this dress, that is ARCO. The expected thing is that the queen risks in ARCO.

Why only the Queen? If this is not the place to dress classic/boring I'd love to see a risky outfit of the King, too

Old 02-28-2019, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

The black leather dress is gorgeous...but not for a queen. Sometimes Letizia seems to forget that she is the queen of Spain

Old 02-28-2019, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

She usually takes a risk at this fair - and this dress is no exception. The dress isn't to my7 dress - but her makeup and hair are on point and I would like to see this hairstyle again

Old 02-28-2019, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Letizia show to celebrities how to dressed! Totally celebrity look.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:35 AM
Majesty

Once again Letizia has allowed her general boredom to be reflected in a totally inappropriate ensemble on an important occasion. I thought she had resigned herself to toeing the line when she gave up wearing Capri pants and Espadrills to formal military parades where her husband was taking the salute. But it seems not.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
She usually takes a risk at this fair - and this dress is no exception. The dress isn't to my7 dress - but her makeup and hair are on point and I would like to see this hairstyle again

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Letizia looked very polished 2 years ago when they did the ARCO during the Argentine State Visit.

https://www.newmyroyals.com/2017/02/...president.html
Old 02-28-2019, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Why only the Queen? If this is not the place to dress classic/boring I'd love to see a risky outfit of the King, too
I think Felipe feels uncomfortable in "casual / unconventional clothes" I can not imagine that he is sitting at home and wearing a pair of sweatpants

Letizia looks nearly "classic" behind this women

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/image/146225765

Quote:
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Letizia looked very polished 2 years ago when they did the ARCO during the Argentine State Visit.

https://www.newmyroyals.com/2017/02/...president.html

i think it was in 2014 that she started to risk something(the coat with stones) compared to today or her leather trousers 2016 that was still classic. I just hope we will see this thing never again, unfortunatley she repeats her worst pieces

Queen Letizia debuts artsy Felipe Varela dress at ARCO 2015 - Queen Letizia Style
Old 02-28-2019, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm in the minority in that I like the leather dress. Except for the messy and too girlish hairstyle I like the entire look.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree 100%. Felipe could certainly take a risk once-in-awhile. Especially there. Actually I like this different look on Letizia for a change. Makes her more human rather than "on display".
Old 02-28-2019, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I thought it was a very nice and modern look. Love the leather dress and her hair. BUT!!! It was not that appropriate for a State Visit...The problem with Letizia is that she wants to dress youthful all the time, most clothes look good on her body type, but that doesn't erase her age and status. Sometimes its too girly and over the top, sometimes its hideous and uncomfortable. It wouldn't surprise me if she wore this dress when she turns 60 years old. She wants the fountain of youth, that's for sure...
Old 02-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
i think it was in 2014 that she started to risk something(the coat with stones) compared to today or her leather trousers 2016 that was still classic. I just hope we will see this thing never again, unfortunatley she repeats her worst pieces

Queen Letizia debuts artsy Felipe Varela dress at ARCO 2015 - Queen Letizia Style
See, I actually like this Varela dress and think that it would have been appropriate for a state visit and the opening of ARCO. It's 'funky' but not too 'funky.'

I have no problem with the leather dress, except that she was hosting a state visit. It's just me: had she been on her own today and wearing it, I'd have LOVED it. But she's on a state visit, so I expected something a bit more formal. I do hope to see the leather dress again, though.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise View Post
See, I actually like this Varela dress and think that it would have been appropriate for a state visit and the opening of ARCO. It's 'funky' but not too 'funky.'

I have no problem with the leather dress, except that she was hosting a state visit. It's just me: had she been on her own today and wearing it, I'd have LOVED it. But she's on a state visit, so I expected something a bit more formal. I do hope to see the leather dress again, though.

I also like the FV dress she wore in 2015! and I agree i would be happy she had worn it today Im sure we will see the leather dress at some point(maybe an audience) I agree, I think her main mistake was, wearing it during a state visit!
Old 02-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The black leather Dominatrix outfit is by & Other stories, I think it's related to H&M

https://www.vogue.com/vogueworld/art...-arco-art-fair
Old 03-05-2019, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Queen Letizia attended an event marking the World Rare Diseases Day in Madrid today, March 5, wearing a Hugo Boss dress:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 03-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

A really nice shape even if a little bland looking overall.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes a little bland but still a nice dress and anything is better than leather at official events.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Her leather outfits (excluding bags and shoes) always look like they are made of vinyl. As bad as the black dress is, the beige shoes are a total miss.

The dress from the Rare Diseases event is ok in theory but I don't like the odd mismatch of the plaid from the bodice to the skirt. It just looks off to me.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Lovely look she looks great
Old 03-05-2019, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

A very nice look for this event!
Old 03-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This is a nice look from Letizia and she looks very pretty. Great to see that her hair looks freshly done too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread