Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How perfect this suit was for a visit to this Pope! It's a well-chosen look IMHO.

Am I wrong or she's without stockings?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I have seen the suit. I love it, but I wish for a visit with the Pope, she'd gone more fancy.
I have a ? - As a non royal- non Catholic young lady, what would I be expected to wear to meet the Pope?

I have a ? - As a non royal- non Catholic young lady, what would I be expected to wear to meet the Pope?
Women are supposed to wear black to an audience with the Pope. Only queens from tradictionally Catholic monarchies, as Letizia is now, can wear white, as a privilege.

I don't like the shoes either. But the suit is lovely. Beautiful earrings and detail on the suit.

The first link comes up blank but I can see the other two.

Last edited:
Queen Letizia looked lovely today. The white suit hits the right note for a working visit to the Vatican. The details on the jacket are beautiful. And the earrings are a wonderful addition.

Am I the only one who is not fond of the suit? I find the jacket a bit too long which reminds me a cropped Dr's coat. The detailing on the jacket is not of my taste and moreover, it makes the suit look matronly. Letizia could've done something with her hair IMO, I also think it's time she gets a good hair cut with some style to it. I must say that I really liked her make up. In the closer images, the lipstick was a great color on her.

I liked the white suit very elegant and respectful not over the top earrings were very pretty.

Leticia looks really lovely, and the embroidery on the jacket is beautiful. I wish she could of worn the mantilla, but since this is a working visit, I suppose it is more appropriate without. She definitely got this right IMO. Kudos, Leticia!

I really am very impressed indeed with this white suit - it is beautifully cut and embroidered with the just the amount not to detract from the over-all look. It is a simple, classic outfit, very fitting indeed for a visit to Pope Francis. It is also very much Queen Letizia's style - reserved, clean-cut and extremely appropriate for the occasion!

I concur with you Jacknch,it is a very classic look,Letizia sported a very polished look today at the Vatican.

A great look on Letizia - suitable for the dress code that this Pope favours. Would loved to seen her old school style in mantilla and veil but thats not what the Pope wanted he is more relaxed and informal.

Just the right amount of detail on the suit. I think it is very hard to get the shoe choice right - white court shoes IMO look trashy. Maybe a delicate silver would have been better.

I'm also one of the "old school" ones who hoped to see her in a mantilla but the white suit was nice.

:flowers:The Queen Letizia is perfection itself, and you can't improve on perfection. This is one very made tailored suit, it fits her just right. The color, the details on the jacket, her make-up is subtle and yet clean and clear, her hair is out of her face and shiny. Those earrings hit the right balance of for bling. There is nothing to change.......and take a look at her posture while sitting on the chair, eye to eye, interested in what the Pope is saying, and yet being humble before the Pope.
Spain you are so darn lucky to have this lady represent you around the world, just perfect!

I would think that the Pope says what is the dress code, not the guests.

Letizia looked very dignified in this beautiful new white suit. The details are lovely. Good length at the skirt. She could have had different shoes. Great choice of earrings.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
A perfect choice for the day. The detailing on the suit takes it from "Business" to "Royal". Not mad about the shoes but, as has been observed, white shoes are not easy.

I'm also one of the "old school" ones who hoped to see her in a mantilla but the white suit was nice.
I am guessing it is His Holiness who sets the standard and he is more interested in being real as opposed to a figurehead so while a Papal visit is a spiritual event, he is making it about the core business of the church. So, alack and alas, much as Princess Letizia really rocked a black Mantilla, and Queen Letizia with a white Mantilla would have knocked our socks off, her presentation was perfect for the occasion. A credit to both her husband and her country.

Letizia looked amazing. She looked every bit the Queen that she is.

I watched the video. Letizia is recalling to mind Jackie Kennedy - though imo Letizia is in her own league by being both 'queenly' but natural, well dressed but comfortable and accessible. (I think it has everything to do with Letizia's professional background).

Noticed that the Pope is not requiring the actual kissing of his ring - just the head bow. In keeping with not requiring the mantilla. Also noticed how daunting it has to be to be chatting 'at ease' and naturally with that phalanx of whirring cameras at such close range. I'm not sure the Pope is at ease with it. ;)

Wow - Loving the King's suit! :flowers: Letizia's skirt is beautiful. Not sure about the red sweater with the skirt but the red is certainly her color. Very nice.

I love this - it's innovative!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom