Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the skirt, its fun yet elegant. The sweater looks great with it but unfortunately for her position I think she is underdressed with the cardigan Not fond of royals wearing cardigans to events.

I really like the skirt, its fun yet elegant. The sweater looks great with it but unfortunately for her position I think she is underdressed with the cardigan Not fond of royals wearing cardigans to events.

I thought the skirt and cardigan worked quite well. It is nearly summer, and I think it was all appropriate in the context of the engagement.

Good to see Letizia wear something of a new spanish brand. The skirt is fun but elegant, and the cardigan gives a soft touch to the outfit. The colours are great and look good on Letizia.

Wow, this is a great combination! I love how the cardigan brings out the coral colors in the skirt. This is really bold and I love when Leticia takes chances like this... and they work! She really looks lovely.

I agree although I do like the sweater's color. I think it is the cardigan which throws me off. A plain pull on knit would complement the skirt better in the same color. That was also the same problem with Mary's outfit in that adorable flowered skirt and buttoned-down blue shirt. A plain pull on top with patterned or floral skirt always look better IMHO. Otherwise the two seem to fight each other.

The cardigan was far too casual and didn't work for me,Letizia as Queen Consort needs to ditch the cardigans at official events,they're fine for casual wear but not very professional looking.

Is it really leather, lula? It doesn't "shine" like leather, if that makes sense, and seems to move like fabric. In any event, I like the skirt! The color of her sweater is nice, but it does seem too casual.

It doesn't look like leather to me either. Lulu where did you get the skirt description from? Also, is she carrying a new bag? Any ideas who it's by?

It doesn't look like leather to me either. Lulu where did you get the skirt description from? Also, is she carrying a new bag? Any ideas who it's by?

The bag is from Angel Schlesser and Letizia has had it many times before.
Spanish Royals attends the National Innovation and Design Awards 2013 | jose gegundez | photographer
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WAPLHsuvpvg/UAf0QUhv61I/AAAAAAAAAjA/1Yy6D7NJhow/s400/leti5.png

According to this blog, Letizia's skirt is made of lamb skin/leather.
De regreso al cárdigan - Blogs de Princesa LZ

Media in USA is fascinated in Letizia's style
Queen Letizia dazzles even the pope Entertain This!

Last edited:
Spanish Royals Delivery of "Scholarships and Research Grants" of Iberdrola Foundation

Its a recyled mix and match, I find the capri pants too casual, they belong to leasure time/holiday. The snakeskin shoes are a mismatch too. I like the jacket.

Spanish Royals Delivery of "Scholarships and Research Grants" of Iberdrola Foundation | jose gegundez | photographer
Spanish Royals Delivery of "Scholarships and Research Grants" of Iberdrola Foundation | jose gegundez | photographer

Spanish Royals Delivery of "Scholarships and Research Grants" of Iberdrola Foundation

Its a recyled mix and match, I find the capri pants too casual, they belong to leasure time/holiday. The snakeskin shoes are a mismatch too. I like the jacket.

Whilst I would ordinarily agree with you that capri pants have no place in a formal wardrobe, I though Letizia did make them work in this instance. The overall look was suitably dressed up for summer, IMO. Lets not forget its probably quite warm in Spain at the moment.

It also seems clear to me that Letizia is not going down the Maxima route, and dressing substantially more formally as Queen.

The jacket is a vast improvement on her cardigan from earlier this week!

Last edited:
Whilst I would ordinarily agree with you that capri pants have no place in a formal wardrobe, I though Letizia did make them work in this instance. The overall look was suitably dressed up for summer, IMO. Lets not forget its probably quite warm in Spain at the moment.

It also seems clear to me that Letizia is not going down the Maxima route, and dressing substantially more formally as Queen.

I liked the outfit back in 2013 and I like it today. I think it was appropriate for the event and season. The blazer is different today than the one she wore last year. Anyone have any details on today's blazer? I really like the boucle effect.

More Pics of Queen Letizia of Spain Envelope Clutch (4 of 12) - Queen Letizia of Spain Lookbook - StyleBistro

The jacket and shoes/clutch were the only articles of clothing that I thought were appropriate.

I agree. Nice jacket, and the capris are nice...but not for this event. I love her heels - but not with capris.

I like everything but the capri's I wish the pants were longer.
I have to agree on this. The capris are not a good choice. Longer ankle length pants would have been better, or a long straight leg pant. The jacket is lovely though and the shoes are wonderful.

She has a formal type blazer with Saturday casual skinny capris and a t-shirt. Oh well, she maintained her Queen-like look for what 2 weeks?

Agree. She is not following neither Maxima's nor Mathilde's way, nor Mathilde's way, who would never appear with capri pants as Queens. I wish she did like them.

I agree. In principle I would say no capris but she makes it work. That is largely due to her grooming, posture and dignified demeanor, IMO.this is from looking at still pictures of course
In this way she reminds me of princess grace who looked dignified wearing jeans,that got her the inaccurate reputation of being cold and aloof, characteristics that are often attributed to letitiza

Last edited:
I personally would have chosen long trousers, but I must say Queen Letizia still appeared very elegant with this look, somehow she is able to combine all fashion elements, figure and personality to work for her! I like the fact that her audience included mainly young people and this is a way for her to connect with them. I also noticed that the pretty yellow of her capris pants matched with the King's gold tie! Way to go! ;)

I don't mind the coloured pants at all on a Queen but honestly these would be ideal for a day out with her family or during her summer holiday in Mallorca. Even though she tried to match it up with a formal blazer, it didn't work.

Letizia wardrobe has been a bit hit and miss,as Princess of Asturias she could just about get away with her causal obsession but as Queen Consort she needs to look just that bit more professional. Ditching the ghastly cardigans would be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom