Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict, given the informality beloved by the current Pope, that this will be an informal meeting, with no Morning suit {for the King} nor Privilège du Blanc or Penieta for the Queen, [but possibly a veil...]

Sad, but likely i think...{Altho' i will merrily eat my hat}.

I predict, given the informality beloved by the current Pope, that this will be an informal meeting, with no Morning suit {for the King} nor Privilège du Blanc or Penieta for the Queen, [but possibly a veil...]

Sad, but likely i think...{Altho' i will merrily eat my hat}.
I was thinking the same, but I can picture the King in a suit and the Queen in a white dress/suit perfectly, maybe not even a veil.

Apparently, the first trip F & L will make is to the Vatican. Am I correct that she is now entitled to wear white to meet the Pope? I am not Catholic so I am not sure of all the rules on this subject.

Yes Letizia as a Catholic Queen is entitled to Le Privilège du Blanc as her mother in law is also entitled to.However Pope Francis doesn't strike me as a protocol Pope and is far more relaxed than his predecessors with formality and such rules.Given the relaxation of the rules I doubt that Letizia who too loves simplicity and minimalism will opt for a white veil.She might even wear a braid in her hair for the Pope.

I remember one of the first engagements after their marriage was a visit to Pope John Paul. Then Letizia looked stunning in a simple long black dress and beautiful mantilla. I hope for her first visit as Queen she goes very traditional in long white white and veil

I like her outfit from today. It was nice and professional, and the colours go well together.

This has never been a favorite of mine and it still isn't. Don't like the fit or the shirt underneath or the shoes. However, Letizia's demeanor is so relaxed and she seems content and at peace with her new role:flowers:

I find the suit shiny, the top shiny which makes the overall a bit too much for me. Her heels are more of a teal color which looks out of place. This is a total miss for me.

The outfit is ok but she's worn it several times as Princess of Asturias,I was hoping we'd see a hint of her transformation from Princess to Queen but I think it may be a very slow process.

I doubt she replaced her wardrobe now. I for one hope she looks for other fashion houses, there are brilliant Spanish designer out there.

The outfit is ok but she's worn it several times as Princess of Asturias,I was hoping we'd see a hint of her transformation from Princess to Queen but I think it may be a very slow process.

I agree, but I think it will either be a slow transformation process, very subtle changes or none at all!
For the Vatican visit, I am guessing something similar to the proclamation outfit, very simple, straightforward, white.

I think she will stick to her old wardrobe on regular daily basis engagements. But as for the Introductory Visits, I think she will bring new and regal outfits. At least is what I hope for...

I agree, but I think it will either be a slow transformation process, very subtle changes or none at all!
For the Vatican visit, I am guessing something similar to the proclamation outfit, very simple, straightforward, white.

Hopefully she won't wear the leather jacket & trousers for Pope Francis ;)

:previous: let's hope so :D

The outfit is not among my favourites, but it is according to the event. It was a meeting with terrorism victims and I don't think she wanted to look much fancier than that.

Next week I guess we will start watching her dressing up (though I highly doubt we'll see many new pieces, tbh). They have some more festive events, such as awards deliverings. Letizia herself will open an exhibition at Prado Museum on Monday. I think she will be in prettier clothes, much like she has done these two past weeks.

I read in so many articles on the occasion of the coronation, mainly from the (uninformed) foreign press that Letizia is an ambassador for spanish fashion. How can that be, sticking to Varela all the time?
Given that she has not only a true potential but also a duty to promote spanish fashion, I sincerely hope that as Queen she will change her attitude and give a lot more spanish designers a forum to promote their fashion on a global level by Letizia wearing it. She should do her utmost to promote new, fresh spanish designers as well as high profile, established ones.

Please no more shiny Varela suits like today!!!

I read in so many articles on the occasion of the coronation, mainly from the (uninformed) foreign press that Letizia is an ambassador for spanish fashion. How can that be, sticking to Varela all the time?
Given that she has not only a true potential but also a duty to promote spanish fashion, I sincerely hope that as Queen she will change her attitude and give a lot more spanish designers a forum to promote their fashion on a global level by Letizia wearing it. She should do her utmost to promote new, fresh spanish designers as well as high profile, established ones.

that is quite true, hopefully we will see letizia showcasing to the world the best of spanish fashion, which does not end in varela... fingers crossed that is the case. besides, varela now operates from france, so i really hope she innovates a bit more from now on.

does anyone know why letizia chose to stop wearing lorenzo caprile?

Totally agree. The Queen should give an opportunity to other designers.

Uhh, Caprile needs a comeback :wave:
As much as I liked the Varela oufit at the proclamation, Caprile would have done something legendary :D

For the visit to Pope Francis at the Vatican, she would be able to wear all white being a catholic monarch, like Sofia, María Teresa and Paola (now Matilde):innocent:

Though she has worn Zara and Mango before, I agree with you, she sticks mainly to Varela, which is a shame, because there are out there other spanish designers well established.

I think that now that she wears Varela 90% of the time, it's hard to move to others, because she is too used to Varela, and because he might get offended if she went to another designer. If she was flexible from the begining, switching designers would've been easier. Well that's what I think...

Last edited:

Amen!

Totally agree. It is time to shine the light on other Spanish designers, while still maintaining a key relationship with Varela

Though she has worn Zara and Mango before, I agree with you, she sticks mainly to Varela, which is a shame, because there are out there other spanish designers well established.

I think that now that she wears Varela 90% of the time, it's hard to move to others, because she is too used to Varela, and because he might get offended if she went to another designer. If she was flexible from the begining, switching designers would've been easier. Well that's what I think...

I heard that when she got engaged, Queen Sofia advised her to pick one designer and stick with him. she has followed that advice religiously, perhaps too religiously.

She used to wear some gowns from Caprile (??), the designer of her wedding gown, but for some reason stopped doing that later

I heard that when she got engaged, Queen Sofia advised her to pick one designer and stick with him. she has followed that advice religiously, perhaps too religiously.

She used to wear some gowns from Caprile (??), the designer of her wedding gown, but for some reason stopped doing that later

Yes, in the beginning there was Caprile, eg at the Danish wedding or first Pascua Militar. btw, Caprile did not design her wedding gown but Manuel Pertegaz, he's as old as Letizia's grandfather and so is his fashion. I thought that Letizia's wedding gown did not suit her at all, she drowned in it, a failure for me.

Not all Varela is bad, he does have some nice designs but he is not original. I liked the inauguration piece itself but I found it underwhelming on this specific occasion. Maybe I had expected more gravitas to the event. The ballgown Varela designed for the WillKate wedding was splendid as well but I am so over his shiny or too big suits and his lace dresses.

Please no Mango! We haven't seen that name in one of her fashion threads in a long time and I hope it stays that way:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom