The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful clothes... lively, nice and beautiful !!!!

Old 04-15-2016, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Despite she is always wearing tradional clothes she could innovate a bit like Kate did...

Old 04-15-2016, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Despite she is always wearing traditional clothes she could innovate a bit like Kate did...
No she can't, at least in her country. Bhutan's law requires every bhutanese citizen to wear traditional clothes.
However, outside Bhutan, she has more freedom and we have seen her in western clothes.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Serene Highness

She looks magnificent!
Old 04-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

She always looks wonderful IMO. Whether she in traditional or western clothing this woman is elegant.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:32 PM
Majesty

I always like seeing jetsun - she looks great in traditional wear and in the rare occasions we see her with occidental clothes.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

April 15th 2016 - His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen offered prayers at the Thimphu Changangkha Lhakhang along with His Royal Highness The Gyalsey. Queen Jetsun Pema is lovely in pale pink:
**Full view** **Back view**
Old 04-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

The queen is stunning, I love the soft pink. I love the rare glimpse we get of her in foreign clothes when away, but these traditional gowns are stunning.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

She is quite elegant and classy in her clothing.

LaRae
Old 04-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The queen is stunning, I love the soft pink. I love the rare glimpse we get of her in foreign clothes when away, but these traditional gowns are stunning.
I agree, it's a rare treat to see her in western-style clothes and in the few pictures I have seen, she looks really elegant and has a lovely style.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

She was going to school in London before she married the king. It seems a bit of the British fashion capital stuck with her even after her marriage
Old 04-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jetsun Pema always looks magnificent in the Bhutanese traditional dress, however I think my favourite is the traditional dress she wore in the photo of her with the Cambridges. The colours are so gorgeous and rich.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-15-2016, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree She looks really beautiful in the gem tons, like the red or I have really liked her in jade green. Works so beautifully with her complexion an coloring.

Table Talk — Queen Jetsun Pema: Style icon of the Orient
Old 04-16-2016, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

April 16th 2016 - Naming ceremony of HRH The Gyalsey. Queen Jetsun Pema looks lovely in green/yellow:
**Upper part** **Upper part II** **Full view** **Side view**
Old 04-16-2016, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

These fabrics are extraordinarily beautiful !!!!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jetsun Pema looks incredible once again. I adore the patterns on her scarf, does the scarf have a special name/term in Bhutanese? (I don't want to seem "ignorant" referring to it as a scarf if so.)

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-16-2016, 06:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is what I have found

Quote:
Bhutanese still wear long scarves when visiting Dzongs and other administrative centers. The scarves worn vary in color, signifying the wearer’s status or rank. The scarf worn by men is known as Kabney while those worn by women are known as Rachus. Below is a brief breakdown of the different kabneys and their associated rank. - See more at: Bhutanese Dress | Tourism Council of Bhutan (Official Website)
Women's the color doesn't denote rank. With males it does. Yellow is reserved for the king or head abbot.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

19th April 2016 - His Holines the Je Khenpo, the Lopens of the Zhung Dratsang, and Lam Netens from across the nation offered Tashi Lekdhar to His Royal Highness The Gyalsey.Her Majesty in pink.
**Picture**

20th April 2016 - The Rabney of the new Kuenrey of the Wangduephodrang Dzong, which is being rebuilt after it was destroyed by a fire in June 2012.
**Side view**

2nd May 2016 -
Members of the royal family graced the Peling Tsechu. Her Majesty is so lovely in the close-up picture, so beautiful!
**Full view** **Side view** **Close-up**
Old 05-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Nobility

What amazing detail! Does the Queen have someone design and make her clothes especially for her?
Old 06-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

4th June - The 2nd Royal Bhutan Flower Exhibition, which was inaugurated by Her Majesty Queen Jetsun Pema, looking lovely in pale pink.
**with family** **upper part**

5th June - Her Majesty in red at the World Environment Day celebrations.
**Full view** **Side view** **Back view**