Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 6: March 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm eagerly staring at the dress under HM's coat, as it seems to have an unusual design and pattern for Queen Elizabeth's style.

Nice coat, but the hat could've stayed home.

She looked lovely, and above all, healthy! What a pleasure!

The choice of umbrella was for a black accent. I always wonder if that's purposeful, or if they did not bring the correct purple umbrella. I liked the with this coat/dress BTW.
I'm also way too curious about how many/which outfits she leaves at various residences and how much it travels to and fro each time. ;)

I noticed the umbrella too. My first thought though was that the black was chosen in a way to mark mourning for the death of Anthony Armstrong-Jones as his son was with the family and attending church with them.

She always looks lovely in purple. Glad to see her looking healthier :flowers:

If it was anyone else, the black detail on the umbrella would not catch notice, just an umbrella. But Elizabeth is always coordinated, even her umbrella. I find it likely that it was a nod to Anthony, considering his son was there.

Last edited:
Osipi/countessmeout - That was my first thought too, re: HM's black umbrella.

Regardless, it is so good to see her looking well! Purple is a wonderful color on her!

I also thought the black touches and indeed the purple were intended to denote
mourning.

Queen Elizabeth II during a reception to celebrate the patronages of the Princess Alexandra, in the year of her 80th birthday at Buckingham Palace on November 29, 2016 in London, England.

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=dae4bac5857429efa040fab811e15065&oe=58BFA883
In a sea of different outdoor ensembles, here we have a gorgeous pale mint, square-necked, satin brocade suit. Like that worn by Princess Alexandra, it seems to be a formal version of cocktail wear and suits both ladies well.

I love the vibrant appearance of HM's coat but I also like the touch of black, which, as other posters have pointed out, is most likely in mourning for the late Earl of Snowdon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice colour on Her Majesty,strange to see H.M.minus a hat at an event!

I love it when my memory functions. Some wonderful member explained last year that ladies do not wear hats to WI meetings.
So the Father Brown PBS series has it wrong while HM has it right!

:previous: Ah, no. Father Brown is a period drama set in the 1950's at which time women still wore hats when going out, even to the WI.

:previous: Wow! It looks like someone layered her makeup on with a trowel, something the HM has never been accused of. While I like both the hat and coat, the shade drains the colour from HM's face leaving her very pale. I think someone over-compensated with the foundation and had a heavy hand with the blush brush. Perhaps she is not quite as recovered as we think.

:previous: Wow! It looks like someone layered her makeup on with a trowel, something the HM has never been accused of. While I like both the hat and coat, the shade drains the colour from HM's face leaving her very pale. I think someone over-compensated with the foundation and had a heavy hand with the blush brush. Perhaps she is not quite as recovered as we think.

It is still better than the white blanqueting she used on her face until the millennium, let us say. What I admire in Queen Eliabeth is that she looks as a Queen indeed. No matter it is just for church, she dresses as a Queen period.

The Queen in her blanqueting days: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...-banquet-in-nepal-the-was-picture-id152130701

Last edited:
Yes I agree about the heavy makeup. Nice coat and hat

Lovely coat and hat:flowers:

So glad she changed out hats. That fur thing is ugly, hate the style on anyone.

I do agree that the foundation she's wearing makes HM look rather pale, but her lipstick is fine to me. Her coat looks very cosy and is a good colour.

Queen Elizabeth in pink viewed the Fiji Exhibition at the University of East Anglia in Norwich today, January 27:

** Full view **

I adore the bright colors who always Queen wore!!

I love her coat and hat at church. The color is lovely. And I love her brooch :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom