Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 6: March 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that coat.

LaRae

I really like the coat :flowers: I am so used to her in brighter shades, but this is a nice change.

The coat and dress look amazing on Her Majesty - it's so different and fresh and such an unusual style for her. For me, the last time she did something different like this was when she left hospital after her knee operation a few years ago in a sharp grey trouser suit.

I like the colour of HM's outfit but I find it a little boring overall.

Queen Elizabeth looking great in yellow at the Easter mass at St George's Chapel in Windsor castle today, March 27 - and such a great hat with the blue flowers!

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen in another impeccable appearance!!!! And of course with a beautiful brooch! Can anyone tell me who exactly brooch is that?

She's very sunny, very bright and very, very spring. I love how underneath the coat, you can see that the dress she's wearing is the same colors as the Easter bonnet. Wonderful combination of yellow and blue.

Absolute perfection! Her Majesty does not disappoint!

She rocks the bright colors. And I absolutely love the broach :flowers:

Wow the Queen looked great at the Easter service - the perfect spring look. Hard to believe she is about to turn 90

There's 2 or 3 of those dresses that could be worn today....gorgeous!

LaRae

Some beautiful gowns. A few of them are so classic in design, could easily be worn by a granddaughter today. I love the beautiful gold one from her trip to DC. It would look amazing even today.

As the longest-serving monarch in British history, the Queen has come to embody a number of apparently contradictory qualities: majesty and modesty; familiarity and mystery; grandeur and humility.

For all her reassuring consistency, she remains enigmatic, often silent, never revealing publicly what she really thinks about the momentous episodes that she has witnessed in her lifetime.

And throughout, she has been under constant scrutiny – the most famous woman in the world, the instantly recognisable outline of her face appearing on coins, banknotes, stamps and memorabilia; forever examined from near and afar.

As the Queen herself has observed, ‘I have to be seen to be believed.’ Thus her clothes take on a special significance as her armour and uniform, conveying a powerful visual message; they can speak louder than words.
Read more: Inside the Queen's wardrobe: A preview of the Royal Collection's exhibition of immaculate outfits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom