Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 6: March 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that second picture posted. She looks so happy. That mint color is beautiful and lately I've come to look for the dress she wears underneath as it is always coordinated with the color palette too.

I love that second picture posted. She looks so happy. That mint color is beautiful and lately I've come to look for the dress she wears underneath as it is always coordinated with the color palette too.
Those are also the dresses she wears in the audiences she has that we get pictures of.

I always try to spy her dress under her coats, too, and yes, she is always impeccably coordinated.

I also love seeing her dresses when she is indoors. But I am so used to seeing her with her coat & hat, she sometimes appears to be underdressed to me! :)

I adore that she wears print dresses under her Coats. Splendid.

But I can't get too enthusiastic about what are essentially sack dresses built for comfort. True, I expect no less from a woman of her age and experience, but I just can't get excited abut the same dress, darts, sleeve, zipper in a selection of prints.

I give her far more credit for her casual wear, which probably more accurately reflects her sense of style. A nice wool skirt, Hermes scarf, cardigan and brogues wins more approval from me than those shift dresses.

I do hope that she fusses over print selection!

I agree AdmirerUS. Her fabulous coats, hats, and brooches are far more interesting.

I adore that she wears print dresses under her Coats. Splendid.

But I can't get too enthusiastic about what are essentially sack dresses built for comfort. True, I expect no less from a woman of her age and experience, but I just can't get excited abut the same dress, darts, sleeve, zipper in a selection of prints.

I give her far more credit for her casual wear, which probably more accurately reflects her sense of style. A nice wool skirt, Hermes scarf, cardigan and brogues wins more approval from me than those shift dresses.

I do hope that she fusses over print selection!
Any 91 year old working full time is allowed to wear what she likes, especially one as elegant as our monarch!

Queen Elizabeth in a lovely flower dress at audiences at Buckingham Palace today, June 27:

** Full view **

Ok. Now I'm hooked. When seeing pictures like the most recent one, I'm trying to figure out which hat and coat she's worn it under. :lol:

Ok. Now I'm hooked. When seeing pictures like the most recent one, I'm trying to figure out which hat and coat she's worn it under. :lol:

I think you might be the perfect person to start a Queen's print dress blog, Osipi!

Oh HM looks so wonderful and that smile says how happy she is. And take a close look that the expressions on the faces of the people that she is talking to, they are memorized by her....you can see how thrilled they are to met her. And I do like the simple shift dress that she wore, bright, pretty for summer events........oh to met HM.....what a lady she is.

I think you might be the perfect person to start a Queen's print dress blog, Osipi!

Perhaps you're onto something here. Make it a game and one has to match the prints with the coats and the hats. I need someone with exceptional eyesight to do it though. Any takers??

I do think, for the most part, that those that are introduced in an audience with HM, The Queen tend to be in a state of awe and HM's amazing smile does wonders to put people at ease around her. She never once loses her aura of majesty but her smile makes her so very human.

I love her prints. And when I just see her dress, I wonder what coat goes :ROFLMAO:

At 91 I am not about to complain she has a style and sticks to it. Heck there are much younger women in her family who do.

A pretty soft and flowery dress on HM, just perfect. She looks so very happy and that smile says it all.

Two nice print dresses for Queen Elizabeth during audiences on June 29 and 30 - I especially like the first one with the green leaves, it has something fresh and modern, but it's still queen-like:

** June 29 ** June 30 **

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks wonderful! Great color and style for her!

Those flowers are lovely.

LaRae

A very nice color on her, soft and becoming. The hat on the other hand IMO has to many feathers on it. Those flowers are gorgeous and makes one wonder if perhaps there is some pink in the fabric of the coat.

Queen Elizabeth wearing a lovely dress during audiences at the Palace of Holyroodhouse today, July 4:

** Full view **

Queen Elizabeth presented Royal Medals at the Royal Society of Edinburgh today, July 7, wearing a very nice shade of blue. Like a fresh summer breeze :)

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Queen Elizabeth receiving the Prime Minister of Australia, Malcolm Turnbull, at Buckingham Palace today, July 11:

** Full view **

And attending a reception for winners of The Queen's Awards for Enterprise later today:

** Full view **

Last edited:
Lovely colour and outfit on Queen Elizabeth and a very stylish looking hat too.

She looks very pretty! Love the color she is wearing!

The Queen looks great. That's not one of my favourite tiaras but she seems to like it. Maybe it's one of the more comfortable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom