Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I adore the Queen! She has looked outstanding. I don't think she could look bad if she tried and that smile is just the icing on the cake.

I'm on the fence about Her Majesty's outfit at the Opening Ceremony (though the brooch was absolutely lovely), but I certainly love her attire today. She's in a strong shade of blue, and her smile is absolutely infectious. Very well done.

Osipi said:
Although I didn't think the peach really suited HM at the opening ceremonies and the feather fascinator didn't do anything for me, she also looked so totally wiped out. Its good to see her looking bright eyed and bushy tailed and wearing her winning smile again today. :D

I too was confused by the peach..... I expected a strong red, white or blue..... But today the more I have seen the colors of the Olympics they seem to be purple and orange, the colors of the badge lanyards and signage around London. So the peach made more sense. But imagine how hard it was to choose her outfit in March for what she was going to wear 4 months later.

Well done your majesty... And you pulled put the good diamonds...lots of bling before they go on display. It is her diamond jubilee after all.

Normally HM looks good in peach, but this wasn't one of her better outfits both in style and color. She also looked extremely tired as well, quite understandably. But, oh, that brooch; simply amazing and a first-time viewing for me. She looked much better in her blue today.

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth in one of her lovely outfits on the Isle

Last edited:
I love that blue coat! Especially that stunning Prince Albert brooch! Not sure about the hat though.

I love the shade of blue that Her Majesty chose to wear. It's a strong color that works very, very well for her. I'm not sure about the hat; I give props to the hat-maker for originality, but that's about it. From the distance, it looked like it was splatter painted. The brooch speaks for itself. It's stunning in its' simplicity.

Absolutely correct, she looks rested and ready to begin her vacation. A+ on the outfit and brooch. Um, the hat looks like someone glued a blue doily on to it. :lol:

:previous: I think her hat matches her dress... if you look at the close up views, it looks as if there is more cotton lace peeking through on the white dress. wonder how busy that makes the dress.

love the color on her - and always loved the albert brooch. she is at a loss without all of her diamonds still on display at BP.

love the color on her - and always loved the albert brooch. she is at a loss without all of her diamonds still on display at BP.

Not sure what you mean by your comments about the Queen "at a loss without all of her diamonds still on display at BP". IMO, a relatively small proportion of the brooches that HM uses regularly are on display. HM typically uses a wide variety of brooches, and only some of them are only in diamonds. Of those, a relatively small number are at the exhibition.

anyone knows what kind of fabric is the peach dress that the Queen used in the opening ceremonies?

Last edited:
I agree, Daria. If it were a hoodie she would not need bobby pins to secure it! Leave it to HM to come up with another fashion "statement"... lol

:previous:
Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the outfit. It reminds of the curtains that hang in the dining room of our old house, down to the blue flowers ornament.
Even the gorgeous clips are lost in the midst of all the leafs and flowers and shine.

Artemisia said:
:previous:
Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the outfit. It reminds of the curtains that hang in the dining room of our old house, down to the blue flowers ornament.
Even the gorgeous clips are lost in the midst of all the leafs and flowers and shine.

Yes. It's unfortunate that the clips are hidden amongst the ghastly pattern. This number needs to be burned. Hiding it is not good enough.

As mentioned her outfit looks like a sofa covering it's not her best for me respectively.

I was wonedring if somebody could help with the type of fabric that she had in the olympics, when she "jump of hehelicpter" , I like thedress and eventhought i am not crazy about the colour , I want to find the same kkind of fabric in diferent colour for a dress for my mother.A woman ofher age, The Queen had a simple cut thedress but the beauty was thefabric, I thought it was gorgeous, anyonw there can help?
thank you
so much!

I think it's one of her head kerchiefs. She has a great deal of them. This particular one may look like a hoodie, because it's a bit loose.

Yes, it's a hood, but a barn jacket hood, or a raincoat hood. Not a ghastly, punky, fleece sweatshirt type hood. HM wore hoods before they were popular.

Not too shabby at all :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom