Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the evening dress is one recycled from the Indian State Visit at Windsor Castle some years ago.

The dry cleaners at the Palace are the best. The only reason I know this was from reading something about the Princess of wales confirming it. :ROFLMAO:

From Bond to banquets: Revealed - the secrets of The Queen's wardrobe wonders: Written by Angela Kelly, the Queen's personal assistant, adviser and curator, Dressing The Queen opens the door to the dressers' floor at Buckingham Palace:
The Queen's wardrobe wonders revealed: The secrets of Dressing The Queen by Angela Kelly - Mirror Online

Great pics of The Queen and it looks like "Dressing The Queen" will offer some great insight into The Queen's wardrobe.

These pictures are amazing! Shown are trays of jewelry, a room for the Queen's "traveling" wardrobe - with rough bare pine shelving, those color matched umbrellas, etc. I can't wait to get this book from the library.

And Vogue offers up more photos from the book: http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/11...n---olympic-diamond-jubilee-outfits/gallery/1

Last edited:
I can't wait to get my paws on this. Fascinating! :cool:

I think The Queen is very blessed to have a wardrobe made and tailored to her liking. I would love to have my wardrobe and suits tailored to my liking. I think it would save me a lot of time trying to find something that's comfortable to wear.

Love the purple outfit, and the smile is the best accessory!

Since Angela Kelly's book on the Queen's wardrobe is coming out, does anyone know what kind of relationship Stewart Parvin and Angela Kelly have?

I have not read the Kelly book (coming to the US in 2013) but I am assuming Angela, as the Queen's Dresser works inside the palace. She certainly designs the lion's share of what QEII wears.
Stewart operates his own couture studio AND designs for the Queen (and did Zara's wedding gown, etc.)

I like both designers but honestly am always glad for the days when her Majesty is wearing Parvin - the look is a welcome change from the regular Kelly silhouette. It's a breath of fresh air.

Lately, I've wondered at the Parvin/Kelly relationship. Do they know one another and is it collegial?

She looks great in that purple outfit!

Queen Elizabeth at the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday, November 10, 2012 - the look is somethng different, but the coat reminds me a bit of an (admittedly very elegant) raincoat ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Elizabeth at the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday, November 10, 2012 - the look is somethng different, but the coat reminds me a bit of an (admittedly very elegant) raincoat ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

This looked far more golden when I saw it on TV coverage - but I suppose that was due to the lighting. She wore the bow this morning, as well.

Cannot say I like it- too much like a raincoat!

roseroyal said:

I have to agree. Not
T one of her best looks.

Very lovely. The fabric is beautiful and suits her very well. I also love the broach.

Funny but true when you mention it!

Last edited by a moderator:

A great looking Queen Elizabeth at a meeting with German President Joachim Gauck and his partner at Buckingham Palace today, November 13, 2012.

** Full view/Side view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Very lovely.

Queen Elizabeth during a visit to the Royal Commonwealth Society in London on November 14, 2012 - a great strong colour, she looked wonderful again!

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

That color looks magnificent on Her Majesty. I love the collar of the coat and the hat.

A glamorous look for a glamorous evening: Queen Elizabeth in glittering silver and gold at the Royal Variety performance in London on November 19, 2012.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

This a bit disco-ish for Her Majesty. It reminds me of a dress Princess Diana had in the 80's.

I think HM looks great tonight. She's literally sparkling. I'm just glad it's not white, which has become her staple for eveningwear over the last few years.

I'm not sure about this dress. While it's definitely festive enough for an evening occasion, I think it doesn't really suit Her Majesty. It's a bit too flashy, and rather overwhelming. However, I do give her props for wearing heels.

Love her outfit. Beautiful colour, great design of the coat with the soft collar. Love the broach and the pearls.

This a bit disco-ish for Her Majesty. It reminds me of a dress Princess Diana had in the 80's.
Maybe it is one of Diana's old ones. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom