Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion & Style
Part 4

The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Not my favourite of the Queen's hats, although those aquamarine clips are just to die for.

Yes, she certainly has a lot of buttons on that outfit, but I do like the hat and material. And those clips are beautiful; I love brooch sets.

Last edited:
I like the delicate coat with matching dress, and the hat isn't bad either.
As a bonus, the wears my favourite brooches - aquamarine Cartier clip brooches.

Last edited:
She always manages to look fabulous but I must wonder - does she only have one pair of shoes?

I'm sure she has several pairs, but that style is what she almost always wears. I think at 86 you've pretty much earned the right to wear comfy shoes, and I'll bet that's why HM wears them.

She does have black shoes without the buckle.

And party shoes.

And special occasion shoes.

And boots.

Really sensible shoes.

Good old wellies.

Or no shoes at all.

LOL, of course she has, and she is out meeting people, traveling, and standing about rather more often than your average 86 year old

I'm sure she has several pairs, but that style is what she almost always wears. I think at 86 you've pretty much earned the right to wear comfy shoes, and I'll bet that's why HM wears them.

She does have black shoes without the buckle.

And party shoes.

And special occasion shoes.

And boots.

Really sensible shoes.

Good old wellies.

Or no shoes at all.

here, here! 86 yrs old, she has earned the right to wear whatever she feels comfortable and secure in. I was actually worried about her on the Royal Barge when it had been raining - I kept thinking she is going to slip - she should have been in her wellies?

def got a chuckle at the "no shoes at all"

HM looks nice as always. She really can look good in bright happy colors and matching hats.

She looks elegant in that outfit!

I love the light blue shade of the hat. It looks lovely on Her Majesty. EIIR, thank you for posting pictures of the different shoes Her Majesty owns. She certainly does own a pair for every occasion :D. The Cartier clips are simply divine. Overall, elegant and regal, as usual.

Wales:
Nice. Lovely shade of blue on the hat. Love when the flowers match the outfit.

Windsor:
Pink? I must be colorblind. The flowers are pink, the outfit is not IMO.
Very nice anyway. Especially the hat.

Not one her best, though I do like purple. The one seems to a be a combo or purple and mauve that looks kind of dull IMO.

I love the shade of blue for the 2nd day in Wales and the hat was just cool!

I do love this look; lilac definitely suits the Queen.
The hat is a bit quirky but pretty; definitely better than the bowler-style hats she has worn lately.

I love the pink coat, and the darker almost maroon hat. The two colors look great together.

I think Her Majesty The Queen has been looking into her "older" wardrobe for the past days. The two outfits in Wales were worn for the first time 2007 (Diamond Wedding anniversary) and the other for a Commonwealth Observance some years ago. The light green hat and coat which we saw for the Scouts Parade and on her actual birthday at the races was seen in the Golden Jubilee ten years ago. Today in Windsor, I think she first wore the coat when opening the St Pancras station for Eurostar in 2007. But nice as always!

I bet the Queen is keeping several new outfits for this summer, since she has one or two special occasions to dress for. ;)

She looks very lovely in that outfit! I love the color.

To me, the hat is plum and the coat lavender. But whatever color it is, she looks wonderful.

Today, May 1st, during a visit to Dorset and Wiltshire, Queen Elizabeth wore a real pink ;)
and a special hat that looks a bit like a magical hat in the front view ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

From the look of HM it must be rather cold over there compared to the wonderful weather in Denmark today.
I like the coat. She does wear coats quite a lot, does she not? Can't help but feeling a bit bored.
The hat is just crazy. And not in a good way.

Minus the hat, I love the outfit!

Nice black and pink combination. Her Majesty looks very elegant.

Nice hat, Ma'am! Queen recycles another favourite outfit as she dons bright pink headgear for Mad Hatters tea party
The Queen entered into the Jubilee spirit with gusto this morning as she donned a bright pink hat to attend a Mad Hatters tea party at Sherborne Abbey. The headgear, made for the Queen some time ago by her in-house couturier Angela Kelly, was the perfect choice for the occasion, which saw hundreds of well-wishers line the streets wearing their own version of the Mad Hatter's famous accessory. The Queen paired her impressive hat with a matching cerise cashmere coat, also by Angela Kelly, for her trip to the South West of England today.

An interesting yet elegant hat which does work well with the outfit. I do love the black contrast which would only work with this particular shade of deep pink. HM looks lovely. In fact quite a striking outfit for a striking occasion.

Very nice. Though I wish she had chosen another color than the black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom