Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The queen always seems to be wearing a coat. Is she that cold blooded?

I love the color of the coat and hat. However, the hat itself I'm not too crazy about. But that shade of lavender is stunning (along with the brooch).

I think the outfit is awful. Not so fond of the hat either.

Not liking this color combination at all. The coat reminds me of something one would wear around the house. Don't like the hat either.

This is an outfit I've seen before on HM and always hoped it would be shoved to the back of the wardrobe. It's just not a good look and I agree with you, Daria, that it looks like a housedress and the hat isn't a great style either. Not an outfit I wanted to see close out Ascot.

Last edited:
HM rarely disappoints me but this whole outfit just did. Too bad that this was the last day's outing..not a good day to remember.

For day five of Royal Ascot on June 23, 2012, Queen Elizabeth has chosen green and blue:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Oh dear! This outfit is not good. I like the idea of the coat being edged with the fabric of the dress, but the colors do not compliment each other at all, IMO. And there is something about the shade of green that is unattractive, but perhaps it is simply the way it photographs. The buttons also look wrong. And there is something about the hat - it might be the feathers - that is not right. What a shame she recycled this at Ascot (or at all!), especially when she had been looking so lovely.

The Queen wore another blue-green combination for today's Three Counties Diamond Jubilee River Pageant - with much nicer results than Day 5 of Ascot.
She's also wearing the Aquamarine Clips brooches.

- Full view
- Close up

Last edited:
Ah, now that is much better! Lovely hat and the color is much more flattering on HM. Love the aquamarine clips...

A better blend of solid and print. The hat is lovely as well and the clips are beautiful. I'd like to see them worn as one brooch for a change.

This is a lovely combination. I think this is a better look because the colors are more muted.

Great combination. I love that shade of blue.

Totally lovely. The "Glum Queen" expressions still make me chuckle after all of these years. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, that is a steely-eyed expression if ever I saw one; now I know where Princess Anne gets it from! It is a lovely color and pretty detail on the outfit - a nod to the Wedgwood china pattern, I guess - although it's a bit too much around the waist for me. I'm not too crazy about the upturned brim of the hat, either, although she's wearing another of her beautiful flower brooches.

Baroness of Books said:
Yes, that is a steely-eyed expression if ever I saw one; now I know where Princess Anne gets it from! It is a lovely color and pretty detail on the outfit - a nod to the Wedgwood china pattern, I guess - although it's a bit too much around the waist for me. I'm not too crazy about the upturned brim of the hat, either, although she's wearing another of her beautiful flower brooches.

As someone mentioned on another thread...the detail on her hat looks like her fav tiara ... Girls of GB and Ireland .... A lovely nod.

HM looked lovely in that Wedgewood blue. I like the colour so much that I've painted my bedroom with it.

The Queen is also wearing her shamrock brooch, which is entirely appropriate today.

Her Majesty looks amazing.
I love the suit and the hat is just gorgeous; love the "tiara" detailing. Very appropriate brooch too.

Is it just me or does the detail on HM's hat and coat look like tiny little shamrocks?

EIIR said:
Is it just me or does the detail on HM's hat and coat look like tiny little shamrocks?

I thought they looked like snowflakes.

She looks adorable. The only time you know you will see her smile is A Fly Over. They always make her smile. And the people she is smiling at are 1500 ft in the air going 200 mph.

She looks amazing! I absolutely love the white details. That shade of blue is very beautiful. Love the hat also!

This wedgewood blue outfit is very lovely and is beautifully made, quite a contrast to the Ascot outfit which looked like it had been done by someone in a home economics class. This is beautifully tailored and I love the hat as well. She looks very lovely.

Her Majesty looked very somber and serious on this occasion. I love the shade of blue, but don't care for the pattern around the waist of the coat. It's bit of an overkill for me. The detailing on the hat is lovely, and the shamrock brooch is very appropriate, given where she is at the moment.

Her Majesty looks so good. Her dress over these last few years has gotten better and better. I love that colour on her and the hat shows a sense of humour I think. Love the white contrast...just lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom