Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen looks stunning! 60 and still going strong!

When every little girl, pictures a Queen she pictures that!! She truly lived up to/ was fitting of the words- Her Majesty, every inch a Queen!!
Love that gold dress- fit for a Queen!! Enchanting!!
It is all like a real life fairytale....

Last edited:
Now that is a Queen - resplendent in sparkling gold; so majestic and looking so lovely. The Admiral's cape was an inspired touch as well, and here's a photo by Annie Leibovitz of HM wearing it.

Last edited:
When every little girl, pictures a Queen she pictures that!! She truly lived up to/ was fitting of the words- Her Majesty, every inch a Queen!!
Love that gold dress- fit for a Queen!!
It is all like a real life fairytale....

As I think back to my childhood and the innocent conviction that Her Majesty looked like a Granny, I realize the validity of your statement. I think if I have seen her dressed like she was tonight, I never would have dreamed of thinking of her as anything else besides 'Queen'. In a way I'm glad that I didn't get such an opportunity when I was young, because it allowed me to learn about this magnificent woman in a way that was better rounded. I saw her as a human being first (a mother, wife, Granny) and a monarch afterward.

Last edited:
I love the shade of mint. So gentle and pretty.

This soft shade of mint green looks absolutely exquisite on HM. The hat is also beautiful and compliments her perfectly.

I'm loving that she wore the Cullinan brooch. That says I'm Queen doesn't it.

A beautiful shade of colour - exquisite! The diamond detail and that broach - wow!!

As I think back to my childhood and the innocent conviction that Her Majesty looked like a Granny, I realize the validity of your statement. I think if I have seen her dressed like she was tonight, I never would have dreamed of thinking of her as anything else besides 'Queen'. In a way I'm glad that I didn't get such an opportunity when I was young, because it allowed me to learn about this magnificent woman in a way that was better rounded. I saw her as a human being first (a mother, wife, Granny) and a monarch afterward.
I look at it both ways- sort of.. First off, I see a Queen, a real life fairytale!! And who doesn't love fairy-tales- even as an adult! At the same time, logic tells me the Queen is a real person- mother, wife, Granny, etc. So when I look at it logically, I see her as a human being. I wish I was like you- I think it is healthier- although I cannot say the other way has been harmful. With all other people, I admire, in the public eye, with the possible exception of Princess Di- to me growing up she was Cinderella ( little did I know her sad reality), and I have to remind myself she was not- anyway, I view all others I admire in the public eye as human beings first. I like it much better that way. Like I said, I wish I was like you, and had viewed the Queen, the way you did as a child.

That outfit is gorgeous! Elegance personified! One of the best looks ever on H.M-IMO. HM looked radiant- happy and glorious!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my goodness, how heavy that crystal studded coat must be! it is just wonderful.

The Queen looks absolutely stunning! Very radiant!

That outfit is gorgeous! Elegance personified! One of the best looks ever on H.M-IMO. HM looked radiant- happy and glorious!

My sentiments exactly. She was positively beaming.

Great mint color! She looks fantastic!

Last edited:
Has anyone seen an article about the dress she wore to the Jubilee Concert? The Daily Mail has had articles about the dresses but not this one.

Lovely! That color is divine on H.M.

I thought HM looked amazing all thru the celebrations. Yesterdays mint green with crystals was really lovely on her and the Cullinan brooch was such a treat.

Today's outfit is really nice as well. I love purple and HM looks great in it so it's a win. :flowers:

She looks beautiful! I love the jacket!

Queen Elizabeth at a Commonwealth Heads reception and lunch today, June 6, looking lovely again with a jacket and a flower print dress.

** Full view ** Close up ** Without the jacket earlier today **

She looks absolutely gorgeous. Purple is one of her colors. So glad she's wearing it often. Love the hat.

Lovely! That color is divine on H.M.

Oh, absolutely. I have the mind of printing out a picture of Her Majesty and show it to all the elderly ladies at my grandma's parish, and demonstrate that being in one's older years doesn't mean one can't still knock others' socks off by looking elegant.

Oh yes, indeed! She has several pairs in different styles, if you will. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom