Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 3: February 2011 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's her Christmas card to the world. It's so heartening to see someone her age with that glint in her eye.

:previous:That cranberry shade is lovely on HM and so seasonal; all she needs is a sprig of holly on her hatband. And, yes, her smile is indeed fabulous as it has been lately.

In complete agreement. The shade is gorgeous on her, and she's one of those people who can wear it well. It brings out her complexion. You're right; her smile has been fabulous as of late. Probably due to all the good things that are going on in the Family.

It's her Christmas card to the world. It's so heartening to see someone her age with that glint in her eye.

I love what you said. 'Tis the season to be cheerful, and she's certainly doing that.

Fantastic look for the Queen today, February 15 at a reception to commemorate Her Majesty's
Diamond Jubilee, that strong red looks great on her and even her lipstick matches perfectly :)

** Full view ** Upper part **

I agree, she looks so radiant in red. The hat is just lovely!

Agreed; HM can carry those jewel tones so well and they just enhance her coloring. I love the spiky feather ornament on her hat and I see she's wearing her flower basket brooch. Wasn't that a gift from her parents?

She pulls off bright colors like no one else I've known in all my years on this planet. Her smile is a wonderful accessory, as usual :D.

Her Majesty wore a lovely light/baby blue ensemble for an outing with the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge.
I love the whole look, especially the stunning hat. Now that's what I call a proper hat; elegant, with beautiful details, no ridiculous additions - in other words, the opposite of the horrible fascinators so favoured by the younger royals.

Gallery from Zimbio.
Article from Daily Mail.

Last edited:
She looks glorious today, and happy too.

Not a fan of the Fortnum and Mason visit outfit the colour is nice and obviously connected to the eggshell blue of the company but the jacket just doesnt work on the Queens shape and kept rising up during the visit which is unusal as normally the Queen's outfits are designed to sit well for the duration of the engagements

Her Majesty looked fabulous, as usual. I love the shade of blue, and her ever-present infectious smile :flowers:.

Lovely blue color. Close up the fabric is really nice, it's a silk slub, giving texture. HM's figure has changed quite a lot over the last 2 years. She seems to be tilting forward, which makes a straight skirt look quite unattractive. She looks much more elegant in a coat/dress ensemble or a skirt with a flare. I can't find a photo, but hopefully some of you have seen that suit with the flared skirt.

Does anyone recognize the brooch? Camilla is wearing HM's Leek brooch. Could this be a new brooch?

Last edited:
I love the color.She looks great!

Doesn't she look lovely in baby blue? I like such colours on HM so very much!! :flowers:

@RoyalReporter reporting this is a recycled outfit. I didn't think HM recycled outfits!

Yes, HMQ previously wore this outfit on a state visit to Oman in 2010.

See a pic here

@RoyalReporter reporting this is a recycled outfit. I didn't think HM recycled outfits!
Her Majesty recycles outfits quite a lot; mostly, she just changes accessories that go with the outfit to give it a new look.

See a pic here

I have to say, although the Queen looked wonderful on both occasions, I do prefer the look with white gloves and handbag. With black gloves and bag the look was just a bit heavier and more distracting.

Last edited:
I knew I recognized this outfit from a prior engagement; thanks for posting the picture, Artemisia. It is a lovely egg-shell blue and the style of hat reminds me of the one she wore to William and Kate's wedding. Unfortunately, the jacket was riding up on her, which normally never happens since her clothing is always a perfect fit. But she looked very happy; it must have been a treat to be accompanied by Camilla and Kate.

I knew I recognized this outfit from a prior engagement; thanks for posting the picture, Artemisia. It is a lovely egg-shell blue and the style of hat reminds me of the one she wore to William and Kate's wedding. Unfortunately, the jacket was riding up on her, which normally never happens since her clothing is always a perfect fit. But she looked very happy; it must have been a treat to be accompanied by Camilla and Kate.

You are welcome, but the credit belongs to EIIR who found the picture from the state visit. :)
Initially, it reminded me of this the Queen wore for a visit to Canada or Australia.

Last edited:
Thank you, EIIR, for the original post and as well to Artemisia for reposting!

I love that color too. Her Majesty looks wonderful! Charming lady.

I love the color but I am not a fan of the suit look on HM. I much prefer the long coat look that she wore on her visit to Canada or Australia that Artemisia so graciously posted.

I'm sorry but I don't think the outfit for F&M was well selected. Seeing how many employees wore scarfes or ties in this special colour I got the impression she looked a bit like a lady valet of the shop. And her hat... well it had a distinctive resemblance to one layer of the wedding cake they showed to the Royal ladies before they were given their hampers.... :whistling:

IMHO, of course. And allow me to add that I am normally delighted by HM choice of clothes, by her style and the beautiful materials and colours.

Last edited:
I love the color but I am not a fan of the suit look on HM. I much prefer the long coat look that she wore on her visit to Canada or Australia that Artemisia so graciously posted.

Well, you took the words right out of my mouth. ;) I prefer the Canada outfit as well - very pretty. Yesterday's outfit isn't my favorite, it looked a bit too plain and masculine on her IMO (I didn't like the color too much for starters) but of course the Queen never looks bad.

The queen looks the best out of the three!

I am glad that she took off the gold braid that connected the button when she wore the suit in Oman. I thought the braid made it look a little too much like a costume or that ridiculous suit Sgt Pepper suit that Diana wore so many years ago.

I think because she attended a military event in Oman that her suit reflected the occasion. I'm also glad she removed the braid; it was a little too brass-band look for me as well.

See a pic here

She looks dowdy which I would expect from a woman in her 80's, but I think the gold across the chest makes it look too much like a rejected outfit from Sgt. Pepper.
The color is a little off putting as well, too much like ice cream from Baskin Robbins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom