Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 3: February 2011 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern is a term I used loosely, way too old fashioned is more like it, but it is a more modern stye headpiece than what HM usually wears.

Modern is a term I used loosely, way too old fashioned is more like it, but it is a more modern stye headpiece than what HM usually wears.

I see your point, roseroyal. I didn't mean to criticize your way of wording. :flowers:

I can forgive the Queen's headpiece

It looks better close up, but still not one of her best looks!

The outfit is lovely, ex trimly fresh, but headpiece is too much dark, IMO :)

There certainly appears to be broad consensus that HM's headgear was perhaps not the unqualified success one might have thought. That said, I think it is wonderful that at her age and in her position, she is willing to experiment.

I know that those white gowns cost a fortune, but it would be nice
to see her in a different style and colour for a change.

Someone said that it looked like she took the tablecloth again.

I n terms of clothes, I think most people work out what works best for them, and stick with it. I believe HM looks wonderful in her all white ensembles at these occassions. She is not shy of wearing bright colours - look no further than her dress for the evening event the evening before the wedding of William and Catherine.

Has the queen lost weight or is it just my imagination?

Loved the Queen's outfit and hat at the service today, blue looks divine on her, and she seems to be wearing the color a lot lately.
Also loved the outfit and hat she wore to open Welsh Parliament the other day ( see Gallery on Royal websiite) where she again looked stunning in blue!

I adored the Queen's hat today! She wears blues very well. She nevers fails to do well in the fashion stakes!

I just saw a pic of HM. on Derby Day, on TRF'S Royal Blog. I had not seen any pics of HM. at this year's event!
I love that color on her- that shade of pink!
And what an awesome hat!:cool:

QE2 has been on a dessert spree for this Royal Ascot

day 1 mint sherbert, then strawberry frosty creamy cupcake and today watermelon.

She looks lovely as usual. The hat is great.

I am in full agreement with all. The Queen has just been looking lovely. Her outfits are perfect as is her smile!!:D

The Queen looks lovely most of the time, especially when she has a coat or jacket on that is covering a questionable dress. I am NOT liking some of the floral dresses she has been appearing in OR some of the hats. I am not a fan of Angela Kelly and honestly think HM looks better on the days that she is not wearing one of her creations ... either dress or hat. HM will always look nice but more "little old lady" on a AK day. JMHO. :)

It is a lovely brooch. I like the pink pearled buttons on her coat. It's these exquisite details that set her apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom