Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to say the weather in England at the moment has been in the minus' for about 2 weeks. Warmth is definetely the way to dress.

Indeed, I said it was worn for the State Visit 2004 to Germany; and she wore it once before, I believe in the Golden Jubilee. So HM The Queen recycles well. I am not a fan of the deep blue and the shawl... We always complain about a "snow, white Queen", but I think she is best in her white gowns.
The dress made it's first outing was during the 2004 State Visit to Germany, so there's no way it was worn during the Golden Jubilee, QueenElizabeth ;) I know it has been worn once again in between 2004 and now, but have to look through though, I can't remember exactly when.

I like the Queen in white too, though she also looks good in gold, silver, and pastel tones. And I like a bit of sparkle...

The Queen just looks simply stunning!

Indeed you are right. The Queen wore the blue evening dress for the first time in Germany in 2004; and again at a dinner of the Royal Windsor Horse Show on 12 May 2006; so not her Golden Jubilee, but 80th birthday year, I knew it was a milestone year...

Au contraire from me... I am so fed up of seeing the Queen in white for evenings, it just washes her out. In this fab blue evening dress, she looks so much better, she's far too pale for all white IMHO.

The Queen looked splendid in electric blue! I also loved the big shawl - HM wore it well. It was something different and unique, definitely a very pleasant surprise! :flowers:

Just came across this photo of the queen in slacks--one of the few that exist. This is at Getty Images and is copyright to Anwar Hussein Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
moz-screenshot.png

What a priceless photo! HM looks so young and pretty... Thank you for sharing, Hopewell.

I love retro photos. HM's country chic outfits have always been lovely! Thanks for sharing! :flowers:

She always looks so regal no matter what she wears.

I love the shade of the purple. Queen looks great, but, again, doesn't she always? I have no idea what is it nor how she does it, but she always looks so regal and royal.
Could not say it better!

So elegant in deep purple - lovely indeed from head to toe! I love the brooch she selected, too!

I also love this blue color. I wish to see Elizabeth in more such outfits! It does go together with her complexion and jewellery. :cool:

Go over to the QE2 thread to see today's outfit... she looks stunning in pink!

I have already been there! HM does, indeed, look smashing in Hot pink...

A very beautiful shade of hot pink - HM pulls it off really well! I also like the simple cut of the dress. You can add a nice brooch or a necklace and the result: pure elegance! :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth II attends a Christmas Day church service at St Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham,England. December 25, 2010

Pic 1 * Pic 2 * The fur hat

I love the outfit especially the fur hat!

I love the coat with this warm scarf. I'm not too keen on this hat's shape, though the overall look is definitely very lovely.

It's an interesting hat - and very warm I bet - but those hats don't suit everyone and I don't think they suit the Queen much.

The outfit does not suit the Queen! It looked awful! Something like what she wore for the Xmas message- now that was stunning! Dark purple is her color!
It was disappointing this year- she can do so much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom