Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And still wearing her cute boots despite that there's no snow. Perhaps she has grown fond of them. :)
Or she may wear them just to keep warm. Boots are wonderful at protecting your legs from the cold and wind. They do look cute on her.

And still wearing her cute boots despite that there's no snow. Perhaps she has grown fond of them. :)

It has been quite cold recently, so I think the boots are quite justified. Also, as boots have become more and more popular, they are increasingly seen as part of normal winter wear now, and I suspect HM has decided to jump onto the band wagon!

I very much like the way the Queen really makes her outfits work for her in their versatility - the coat/dress combo with a hat works for engagements and the dres underneath works for engagements at the palace - you get the feeling she gets lots of wear from them all...

I like the shiney pattern woven into the fabric. Pretty!

I like this color. It's a very 'soft' color on HM.

That wonderful purple looks stunning on HM, that hat is different to her usual style. :)

The purple coat with black buttons instead of golden would look perfect, but it's still very beautiful and fits HM so nicely! The hat looks so good as well. Thanks much for sharing!

Royal purple for a Royal lady. :D

This one was missed...

Queen Elizabeth II receives His Excellency the Ambassador of Columbia on Feb. 11, 2010.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2m671w3.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2vjej48.jpg

I'm confused. Did you mean Colombia?

I agree, if the purple outfit would have had purple or black buttons it would have been perfect.

The boots are probably comfortable, keep her from cold and give her support, many ladies her age are succeptible of falling down and break a hip

It's a nice outfit. I only wish Her Majesty would wear a different colour of shoes other than black with every outfit.

It's a nice outfit. I only wish Her Majesty would wear a different colour of shoes other than black with every outfit.

The Queen also wears white shoes frequently in the summer and sometimes wears brown shoes but her prefered choice for practicality is of course black as it goes with almost everything

She may also stick with certain shoes because they're very comfortable. Particularly as she has to do alot of standing and/or walking.

:previous:

I agree. Apart from that I think that the black shoes go well together with her bag in this case, JMO. Once again I love the colour of HM's dress. Lovely. :flowers:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen has her shoes specially made for her - for comfort. When you get older that's one of the first things that start hurting is your feet. And she is on her feet alot when she's working.

I love all her hats, and she looks very stylish with them:wub:

I must say I prefer the 2-piece suits she wears rather than regular dresses. I think the jacket is more flattering to her figure.

I think she looks slimmer with longer coats over her dresses.
If you compare the 2009 outfits for Royal Ascot, I think she was the 'biggest' with the first day outfit with the white dress with yellow flowers and the yellow short coat over it. The other days, she wore knee-length coats which was to my opinion more flattering, at the exception of course of the 'granny' look on Ladies Day (the light green and white thing)

The Queen looks lovely. I love her hat!

Sadly I cannot say that turquoise is one of my favorite colors but HM looks lovely, though!
I'm not so fond of the hat this time, that bow looks a bit frumpy, but that's just me as I usually don't like such bows on hats that much. :flowers:

I like it but the hat looks out of alignment?

I really like the red dress. HM looks so good in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom