Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really never grow tired of HM in white with her white hair and all the sparkly diamonds. I just don't think anyone will ever be able to compare with this aspect of royalty as the world is such a different place now. I'm so glad we have QE to enjoy with all the bygone pomp and all. It is such a treat for us 'casual' Americans, at least IMO!

Queen Elizabeth looks so regal! She just radiates it! Makes me proud of our Queen. :flowers: You're right Dierne23, she does look more and more like Queen Mary.

By and large a successful trip fashion wise for the Queen. But some of the outfits have been a bit trying too hard. The White evening dress with the applique was bizarre. The paisley outfit with the fancy hat was just a bit too much. And then there's this! http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...ewels/signsthevisitorsbookduringareceptio.jpg Oh whjilst I like tha fact that at 83 she is willing to keep trying new things with clothes, these big patterns are just not quite right on her really...

I'd say 7/10 for the trip overall!

HM has been wearing fabulous new clothes all month, daytime and evening, and looks terrific, its wonderful that she is still so interested in her appearance

In my opinion, the Bermuda outfits were very nice; but I think that the Trinidad and Tobago outfits were ALL disastrous. I don't like any of the new outfits worn there. If I have a good database about clothes this trip, I think she had about 13 new outfits worn.

Ada - the Easter outfit was the same as the Catterick one - she just had the rather fussy collar removed. Successfully IMHO.

And Queen Elizabeth - NAIL ON THE HEAD! Bermuda - fab; T&T - bad. What happened? Far too many fussy patterns and 80's styles. I think her dressmakers know what they are doing with heavier fabrics, and her signature coat and dress style. As soon as it gets into lighter dresses and suits, they seem to flounder and rely on patterns that would overpower anybody.

As with other posters, I too felt the Bermuda Fashion was more successful than the Trinidad clothes. The Queen really has added many new outfits to her wardrobe....has there been any negative feedback in England about this, as her speech recently was about hard economic times at the opening of parliment?

So many other Queens and Princesses are wearing "recycled" outfits lately, as I imagine it is viewed as more politically correct. Just an observation....

As with other posters, I too felt the Bermuda Fashion was more successful than the Trinidad clothes. The Queen really has added many new outfits to her wardrobe....has there been any negative feedback in England about this, as her speech recently was about hard economic times at the opening of parliment?

So many other Queens and Princesses are wearing "recycled" outfits lately, as I imagine it is viewed as more politically correct. Just an observation....

No, there has not been any negative comment in the UK about the quantity of HMs wardrobe. The British people broadly see her as a frugal individual, and have never questioned her spending on clothes.

Oh, now the red & pink isn't that bad and the goldish dress and hat are nice. This woman has wonderful tastes in clothes (not to mention, she's got a kick butt tailor).

Good lord - has anyone seen this horror?!

Climate Change Issues - Yahoo! News Photos
Oh good heavens! What on earth is wrong with this ensemble? The islands are a place of rich and vibrant colour with vapid pastels leaching anyone unfortunate enough to be wearing them into obscurity. HM has taken great care to "fit" her wardrobe to the countries she is visiting so I guess rocking on up in this to a function in Merry old England in November would definitely be a nono, but her style this trip has not faltered.

She is The Queen and these are some of her Commonwealth countries. When in Trinidad and Tobego, Burmuda, etc. she knows how not to fade into the curtains or worse, disappear into the wallpaper!

On a personal note, her CHOGAM ensemble is my personal favourite ensembel of the year to date. Geography notwithstanding! She glows in gold!

Queen Elizabeth during the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Port-Of-Spain November 27, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Well that's me told eh. I just thought the red/white/green outfit just looked like it had too many things going on in the same outfit. I'm not a massive fan of the gold one, but it is at least one look at the same time, rather than about three in the other one. But, clearly I'm in a minority of one, so I shall pipe down! But like I said, on the whole, the wardrobe for the trip was fab.

Oooooo, I love this lil tweed number on lilabeth! She really looks like THE Queen of all time. I just adore the clear umbrellas so they can be seen and photographed. And notice the black band on the umbrella matches gloves, purse, and shoes----ahhhh perfection!

Queen Elizabeth II's fashion through the decades | Life and style | guardian.co.uk

Is the guardian republican, monarchist, or neither? I love the photo of HM wearing the white dress in Australian. I never knew she had such a small waist. The 50's were a good year fashion wise for the Queen, then again, the 50's were good all round for fashion.
Thanks for the link with all the pictures. She's absolutely stunning in this photo: http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...59674088985/1954-Queen-Elizabeth-II-R-001.jpg
She had a great figure!

Opal, I lover the lace fitted dress she wore in Australia- WOW QE II looked fantastic in this outfit!!! The leopard coat reminds me of something Margaret would've worn. Wonder where that coat is now? to die for, imo!

Thats right, it does appear to be a shawl or a cape over the dress, made of the same material.

Unusual for the Queen to wear black, but it's very effective with all her diamonds. There are pics of her in the 50s in black in the evening, notably the magpie dress and the black velvet crinoline (any eagle eyed spotters have those pics to hand) but to my knowledge not done for ages.

It really suits her, I so much prefer it to the white look in the evening. She looks great for 83 here I reckon.

Hmm... To be entirely honest I find this outfit quite odd, not only because it's black. I think the pattern is too much together with the glitter.
Very unusual look for HM, IMO. The jewels are nice, though.

I'm kind of liking the black dress. For the occasion and who she was being introduced to, that dress was "spot on". The pattern makes it interesting and the jewels confirm the fact that she is Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom