Princesses of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's look is simple and elegant. The fuchsia colour became her well.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa at the Monarchs Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle on May 18, wearing a pink dress and coat.

The colour is great, the cut is fine for her, nevertheless she reminds me a bit of a pink fruit bonbon ;)

** Full view **

I understand what you mean :flowers: She is still very cute!

GD Henri certainly wouldn't have had to worry about losing his wife in the crowd.

I don't hate it but I dislike the shiny factor.

I rather like Maria Teresa's ensemble.
The dress and the coat are nice, and I love the shoes and the clutch.

I think that Maria Teresa is overdressed compared to the other women at the luncheon.

I love the color, but the fabric is indeed a bit too shiny. Is it Natan?

The colour is nice but I hate that shiny fabric.

I think that Maria Teresa is overdressed compared to the other women at the luncheon.

i don't think so. MT's is an appropriate outfit (although a bit too shiny for a daytime event) for the event.
Protocolarly, traditional dress is the most "formal" type of dress, so the ladies who came in traditional dresses are in theory, more overdressed than MT, yet they seem completely appropriate for the event.

i don't think so. MT's is an appropriate outfit (although a bit too shiny for a daytime event) for the event.
Protocolarly, traditional dress is the most "formal" type of dress, so the ladies who came in traditional dresses are in theory, more overdressed than MT, yet they seem completely appropriate for the event.

The ladies who had choosen to wear traditional dresses are not at all overdressed, since they wore traditional attires, so they follow their countries's protocol not the european protocal which says theorically that long gowns are for evening. Lalla Meryem of Morocco had worn a soft day caftan, and for moroccans caftans are not only evening dresses, they wear that also for day receptions. It's the fabric and the work which makes the diffrence between day and and evening caftans.

Imo, The GDuchess was not overdressed, she was on a reception of the Queen after all, not on a tea party with friends, but the shiny fabric combinared with that strong color doesn't help with MT's figure.

Last edited:

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa at the Monarchs Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle on May 18, wearing a pink dress and coat.

The colour is great, the cut is fine for her, nevertheless she reminds me a bit of a pink fruit bonbon ;)

** Full view **

:lol: This is repeat outfit that I posted in the Most Terrible thead and I commented that she looks like a Pepto Bismol bottle! :ROFLMAO: Guess she will never learn!

I like the outfit! She pulls that color off very well!

:previous:
Gorgeous dress, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere as well (though not necessarily on the Grand Duchess).
It's definitely Elie Saab from this year's collection.

The evening gown is way better, I like it, it looks like Elie Saab's style.

She looks wonderful! One of her best looks!

The color is fantastic on MT and the jewels she choose are great. Nice to see her in something fitted, quite a few of the boxy outfits she's worn lately make her look bigger than what she is. And she looks like she's dropped a few pounds! Yeah MT, keep it up.

The Grand Duchess looks so beautiful! I love the color of the dress.

GD Henri certainly wouldn't have had to worry about losing his wife in the crowd.

I don't hate it but I dislike the shiny factor.
I have been looking at her dress for a while in several pictures and was trying to figure out what was odd about it, and now I see it is soooo shiny! quite distracting!

I have mixed feelings about the dress and coat Maria Teresa wore for the luncheon. On one had, it is a classic look saved from being too ordinary for the event by the bold color, which suits her well, and the cut is very elegant. But, on the other hand, it is way to shiny for my tastes. Something about the outfit is just too much...

I love the Elie Saab gown! It was very glamorous and elegant and classy. Maria Teresa looked so beautiful in it and accessorized it to perfection.

Evening Elie Saab dress is a nice dress but its not a dress for MT nor does it flatter her. I think such dress volumes need someone taller moreover, I like stronger colors on her for evening.

The Grand Duchess at today's parade.
- Upper part

Hope we'll get full view soon, because I definitely like what I see.

The fushia ensemble was nice on MT but a bit too shiny.
The Elie Saab dress is a complete disaster on her.She could have find a dress that is more flattering for her body type.
Today's outfit looks nicer.I hope we can see a better pic

I like what I see on MT's parade outfit. Hope we get a full view soon!

MT was a bit too short and the girls a bit too much on display for her to pull off the Elie Saab last night, not bad but not the best. The fushia at lunch was so bright planes could have navigated through the fog.

Her outfit does look nice. I love the hat!

I love the hat as well, and also the color combination. And she looked absolutely va-va-va-boom in that beautiful sparkling aquamarine gown with the accompanying earrings. Those soft folds and scoop neckline certainly flattered her figure. Too bad she didn't wear a matching necklace.

Is there a full length photo yet? As the top portion looks very beautiful, very elegant and sophisticated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom