Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 8: June 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it at all, looks like a school uniform.

It not only looks like a school uniform it virtually is one - it is virtually identical to my high school uniform from the 1970s (except we had to wear it below the knew). I did a double take when I saw it as I couldn't believe she was wearing a school uniform to a garden party at Buckingham Palace. Even that hat is the same (other than the hat-band that had, of course, our school crest on it).

The dress needs to be longer because it really looks nice on her. The hat is nice, just not with this outfit.

Not a fan of any of that outfit...even the color is too heavy for a early summer outdoor event.

LaRae

The outfit reminds me of something that an upper class little girl would wear at the turn of the 20th century. But I do like her hat.

It's a bit costumey but I kind of like it. A smidge longer might have been nice, but not too much longer or it would have looked like her great great grandma's school dress. I like the boater hat for the late spring event.

I'm not liking this outfit. The color is pretty, but I don't like the style of the dress, or the hat. As someone said, it looks like a school uniform.

Full-length photo

I actually quite like the hat. It's cute. :flowers:

The dress is nice. But not with the hat. Adding the hat just amps up the school uniform from the turn of the 20th century feel. Different hat and better styling, it would be a cute look.

But not for the event. Like I said with Kate, neither says garden party to me.

I think the hat is gorgeous, just not with this particular dress. It would look lovely with a light coat perhaps but it's sucking the life out of that really cute dress. Now if the dress had been six inches longer it would have been romance personified and I would have been rapt.

While I may not be a fan of the look per se, credit to Bea for showing some restraint in her clothing choices.

This dress could have looked pretty nice if it weren't for that hat. This hat ruins it totally. I wish she had worn something more playful and interesting. And if her hair had been put up, then it would have also helped.
Now her overall style looked odd and very outdated on someone still young.

Last edited:
The more I look at Princess Bea's dress, the more it is growing on me.

She is resembling her father more and more as she gets older.

I'd' say those would have suited the dress much better and hidden the fact that its too schoolform kind of dress :flowers: Often its all about choosing right accessories and hairstyles.

I'm not liking this outfit. The color is pretty, but I don't like the style of the dress, or the hat. As someone said, it looks like a school uniform.

Full-length photo

If her dress and hat were in some magazine layout, arrayed in some sort of "mood board" display, I would think that they would look lovely together. I give credit to Beatrice for trying to tick the right boxes here -- dressy yet simple, conservative, seasonal and feminine.

This ensemble looks terrible from a distance. The photos of the royals all at attention during the national anthem do Beatrice no favors. She looks almost like a Charles Addams cartoon figure up there.

Now, other pictures of her at the party, more close up, look perfectly fine.

Later that evening, she went out to Chiltern Firehouse and she looked just terrific in a simple black dress and jacket.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes she's smashing in that dress..and it's a look she needs to repeat!

LaRae

That dress suits Eugenie so well! I like the shoes too, but I'll pass on that hat.

The dress and the shoes were perfect. This style complimented her figure at its best. Like Pranter said: it's a look she needs to repeat, please!

Eugenie is the best dressed I have seen so far (except for the bride, of course!)

Eugenie's dress would work equally well for the evening party.
I wonder if she will bother to change or just wear what she has on.

(..)

(..)

Eugenie looks fantastic, best dressed guest of the day. :flowers:

The dress really suits her body. Would work for evening but she'll likely change as others do.

Only thing I don't like is the hat.

No, the hat doesn't really enhance the outfit, kind of looks like an afterthought.

For the evening party, Eugenie might just add some jewellery. A pretty pendant would work with that dress.

The dress is perfect for her though an inch or two more in length would have been more flattering. The hat almost ruins her look, a flat squashed hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom