Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 7: April 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugenie is the best dressed today!! Well done!!
For Beatrice..............

Eugenie looks nice, red is her color!

Beatrice looks horrible; that pattern reminds me of those pinwheel designs that blur when they spin.

Beatrice's outfit is giving me a headache just looking at it. :eek:

Beatrice's coat was unfortunate, but I have to say that the cutouts on Eugenie's dress seemed a little garish because her bigger bust caused the cutouts to be more revealing than a simple detail at the neckline.

Eugenie's red dress is fantastic!

Eugenie looks great, I love her hat and her hair looks nice, they only tweak I would make to her outfit would be her shoes, they look black and as her hat and clutch are navy then you should have navy not black shoes.
As for Beatrice I am starting to wonder how she even manages to choose so many bad outfits. She really has no excuse she could get expert advice even a stylist but instead here we have messy hair, makeup that is far to dark and gothic and a coat that has the most crazy design on it - very Balmain. It's your Grandfathers 95th birthday and a service of thanksgiving for your 90 year old Grandmother and this is the best you could come up with? How could you even look at this outfit and think it would be a good idea?

Eugenie looks amazing. Definitely today's best dressed, IMO. Beatrice looks OK. I think I would have preferred a coat that has less going on.

Beatrice's coat is truly fabulous- but not on her. I think it's probably FMO (for models only).

Eugenie is the best dressed today!! Well done!!
For Beatrice..............

Eugenie was indeed well-dressed today (...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eugenie looks fabulous! Beatrice should burn that.

LaRae

Beatrice's coat is Burberry at £2,995 and Eugenie's dress is by Eponine costing £1,450

Eugenie has found the PERFECT silhouette for her.. Please God she sticks with it ! Beatrices' choice hurts my eyes..

Since the two are almost invariably seen together, its a shame one of the pair 'always lets the side down' ! I can remember NO occasion, when both looked as fine as we know they can !

Eugenie looks fabulous! Beatrice should burn that.

LaRae

Oh yes I so agree, to look at her hurts my eyes.:ROFLMAO: Why does one of them always have to look like they purchased their ensemble at Wal-Mart? You would think that with their money, they would be able to BUY better taste:bang::bang:

Why doe Shea wear such outlandish outfits on high profile occasions like this and wan k wedding?

Is it possible Burberry asked Bea to wear that thing? Otherwise, I can't imagine her choosing it.

I don't think Bea's coat was a complete write off - just a not-great choice for this event.
To me it looks like an oversized African print, though if I squint at it I can see a nod to old fashioned military button front uniforms?
But it was thick and rigid and a print that grabbed the eye on a day when all eyes should have gone to the queen. It might have been great at a fall or winter event, though I think not Christmas. New Year - it could work as a New Year coat.

I loved the way Eugenie had her hair loose but pulled off her face. It was a change up and brightened up her look!

I don't think Bea's coat was a complete write off - just a not-great choice for this event.
To me it looks like an oversized African print, though if I squint at it I can see a nod to old fashioned military button front uniforms?
But it was thick and rigid and a print that grabbed the eye on a day when all eyes should have gone to the queen. It might have been great at a fall or winter event, though I think not Christmas. New Year - it could work as a New Year coat.

I loved the way Eugenie had her hair loose but pulled off her face. It was a change up and brightened up her look!

Her hair hardly ever looks nice because it is unfortunately thin like the Queen Mothers was but today her hair was nicer than Beatrice's who is normally the one known for her glossy hair.

Love Eugene look today the style of the red dress really suited her ..... Not a great look for bea

Princesses Beatrice's coat was lovely but does not flatter her.

Princess Eugenie looked lovely with no mistake what so ever to her look.

Eugenie is amazing today :flowers: Definitely wins best dressed of the day. The red is stunning on her and the dress is great. I even like the fascinator which almost never happens.

Bea is a miss. I like the style and cut of the coat. I don't even mind her fascinator. But the pattern is too much. Well I should say patterns. Reminds me of one of Kate's dresses in India, in that there were too many different patterns in one dress, makes one dizzy. Bea's is a bit better as it is all the same 2 colors. The outfit would have been so much better if just one pattern.
I love the style of Beatrice's coat but the pattern is too big & in-your-face. It just overwhelms her.

Eugenie really nailed the perfect silhouette for her. The colour of the dress is gorgeous on her and the cutouts added just a little contemporary note. The length is perfect and the heels the perfect height to accentuate her lovely calves and ankles. Her hair is shiny and a perfectly styled base for the perfect hat to complete the ensemble.

Makes me wonder if Beatrice has a mirror why on earth she thought that was a good look is beyond me. It's too harsh and so busy. Eugenie looked great but the shoes look black and out of place when her headband and purse are navy. That style suits her and the colour is bold but lovely on her. Now if Beatrice can get it right at the same time it would be a miracle. By now Beatrice is old enough to work out what does and doesn't flatter her the fact she keeps wearing unflattering and at times ugly clothes is mind boggling. She really has no taste and it isn't like she can't afford nice clothes. I would be surprised if Burberry asked her to wear it considering the bad comments it's received!

Great post Meadow like you I don't know how she thought this was in any way attractive. It's not a once off fail it's all the time. What a waste of money if she is buying them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

...they only tweak I would make to her outfit would be her shoes, they look black and as her hat and clutch are navy then you should have navy not black shoes.

...Eugenie looked great but the shoes look black and out of place when her headband and purse are navy...
I thought they were black too, but in one of the photos there's a good shot of both Eugenie and Beatrice's shoes and Eugenie's heels are navy which you can see when next to Beatrice's black heels. I'd link a photo but I'm on a portable device @ the moment. When I saw that photo I thought bravo Eugenie - navy fascinator, clutch & heels - nailed it.
The photo is where Beatrice and Eugenie are facing each other in front of St. Paul's in the Daily Mail's article "Lady Amelia and Princess Eugenie stun ..."

Last edited:

Posts and comments that discussed other things than fashion choices have been removed as off-topic.

Princess Beatrice should run away from those silly fascinators or berets. She has a round, rubensian face which always clashes with those little silly things wobbling on her head.

Princess Beatrice and her sister should look to the more senior ladies like the Duchess of Cornwall, the Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra, Princess Michael, all perfectly mastering the noble art of wearing proper millinery!

You do realise you're asking two 20something year olds to wear hats by woman in their late 60s, 70s and 80s? For instance the hat worn today by The Duchess of Cornwall would have suited neither girl. Sometimes fasincators are appropriate such as the one Eugenie wore yesterday, or the one Catherine wears today.

I'm all for proper hats but the girls don't need to wear hats too old for them.

Partial full view of Beatrice;
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/11/12/3526FFB600000578-3636413-image-a-97_1465645359611.jpg

Headgear - http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...our-this-year-marking-the-picture-id539388486
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...-colour-this-year-marking-picture-id539388462

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why, but I like both looks of the girls! At the moment I like better Beatrice's lovely dress and even that orange fascinator on her!

Oh dear Lord, Beatrice looks like she has an orange peel on her head. I like Eugenies hat tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom