Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 6: May 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugenie hair makeup and hat are fantastic IMO. The coat is fine but nothing special.

I don't understand either of these outfits. :ermm:

:previous::sad:Neither do I. How is a lace dress appropriate for this event? Lace is not for Ascot, it's early evening to late evening wear........more on the formal side. And PB's shoes, what in the heck........so many colors and none of them go together nor compliment each other, her hat..........a wok?
PE, maybe it's cold there, not the best outfit nor the worst, her hat is just okay, nothing to write home about.

I thought the same thing it seemed too evening/cocktail not ascot. Not keen on the hat or shoes if it was another event and she wore that dress it would have been great. Eugenie well she looks like she is a spy!

I thought Beatrice's dress was lovely though I think it would have looked even lovelier and quite elegant if the skirt was a bit longer. I think the lace was fine. There was nothing risque about it. Everything that needed to be covered up was covered up. It might be Ascot but it's still the races and there's always a bit of leeway when it comes to what's appropriate for dressing for the races and I think an element of fun in a racing outfit is good, especially for young people. I liked the hat and the coloured ribbon on the hat matched the bracelet and the shoes. All in all I think she looked very nice.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 6: May 2014 -

Eugenie's outfit was the better one for me, tho the length should have been a bit longer to be well proportioned and flattering.

I don't mind Bea's hat, dress or accessories, but am confused as to why she thought they went together? Her whole outfit is a mishmash of pieces.

I thought Beatrice's dress was lovely though I think it would have looked even lovelier and quite elegant if the skirt was a bit longer. I think the lace was fine. There was nothing risque about it. Everything that needed to be covered up was covered up. It might be Ascot but it's still the races and there's always a bit of leeway when it comes to what's appropriate for dressing for the races and I think an element of fun in a racing outfit is good, especially for young people. I liked the hat and the coloured ribbon on the hat matched the bracelet and the shoes. All in all I think she looked very nice.
I agree Beatrice dress was lovely and yessssss it would have looked lovlier had it been longer. I thought all her accessories looked great and as for the shoes . . . for heavens sake people, it's Ascot! Do people not understand the wonder that is Ascot?

As for our Beatrice, I sometimes worry that the mindless morons who think all young women should be clones of immediate fashion, a la the modern version of Sloan Rangers, will actually win. Who could forget Beatrice's Magnificent Butterflies? That entire ensemble said "this is who I am" but the drones still whinge on. I love the way Beatrice dresses, it is never going to be like Catherine because that's just not her. But I wish we saw more of her whimsy and today the shoes were as near as she's been to butterflies in so very long so I'll take anything I can get.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/45...byWZPdWO8Ep+1ID7nAcRf4/NNJuRXw4K4SEtNDK049Q==
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EiEMPTH2Y...0/2014-06-17--AscotShoes--JeromeCRousseau.jpg
Utterly sublime!

Last edited:
ooo-weee! Love those shoes- I would wear them all the time if they were mine-

Love Beatrice's hat. The color of her dress is nice, but I don't like the way it fits. I also think the shoes are kinda ugly.

Eugene's whole outfit is a miss. From the hat, to the ill-fitting coat. Although I do think her hair looks really pretty in the updo.

Last edited:
Beatrice's outfit makes her look huge, and it seems really disjointed again. She just looks like she's trying too hard. Any one of the pieces by themselves would have been great, but together they are odd.

In general, I liked both of their outfits for Day One although wasn't the biggest fan of Eugenie's hat. I like Beatrice's outfit today, the colours were nice and summery. Not a huge fan of Eugenie's outfit however. She looks a little underdressed for the event due to the coat as IMO it looks like a coat one might wear on a casual walk in the countryside.

Ugh...two steps forward and 3 steps back with these girls....

LaRae

The jacket makes Beatrice look a mess. Eugenie..I have no explanation for what she's wearing. It looks like she was wearing the white dress she work a few days back. Then she decided she wanted to go to Ascot and through the trench jacket over it.

Last edited:
Another disaster for both girls. Is there no hope?

In general, I liked both of their outfits for Day One although wasn't the biggest fan of Eugenie's hat. I like Beatrice's outfit today, the colours were nice and summery. Not a huge fan of Eugenie's outfit however. She looks a little underdressed for the event due to the coat as IMO it looks like a coat one might wear on a casual walk in the countryside.

I agree about Eugenie's coat. It just doesn't seem to go with the rest of the outfit. She's trying, though.

I like Beatrice's outfit today. I have a feeling that one of the panels on the hat matches the orange/tangerine of the skirt and as the shoes match the jacket I think the combination works well and looks good on her. I like the bright and summery feel of it.

Really liked Beatrice. Posters on here can be odd. Criticising some royals for being boring, not edgy enough. Then a young 25 year old experiments and its classified as a mess or disaster. I do like it, and I really like the hat.

I am more bothered by Eugenie. Blah beige wrap round coats tightly belted. What isshe hiding? Cos thats what itl looks like. The weather is glorious so she cant be cold. I have imagined a tattoo shes hiding from Granny lol.

But I really liked her hair up earlier this week

I did not like any of the outfits on both days on both Princesses.
I disliked most Beatrice's bracelet paired with a lace dress, her shoes paired again with the lace dress on day 1, her tangerine hat on day 2, and Eugenie's trench coats on both days. Anyway, though being cute and never dressing in a scandalous way, I can't see any hope that one day they will ever be consistent fashion wise (not really a problem) or elegant wise.

Beatrice and Eugenie on day 3 of Royal Ascot today, June 19, 2014.

For Eugenie it's been a quite similar look like on day 1.

** Full view Beatrice ** Upper part Beatrice ** Upper part Beatrice 2 ** Full view Eugenie ** Upper part Eugenie **
It was wonderful to see a little of Beatrice's whimsy re-emerge with that hat! Better still was that both Beatrice and Eugenie experimented with their hair. Beatrice hair was quite stylish with that hat but Eugenie's was the most intricate. Both were worthy of an honorable mention from team updo!

I agree about Eugenie's coat. It just doesn't seem to go with the rest of the outfit. She's trying, though.

I like Beatrice's outfit today. I have a feeling that one of the panels on the hat matches the orange/tangerine of the skirt and as the shoes match the jacket I think the combination works well and looks good on her. I like the bright and summery feel of it.
Have to agree about Eugenie's coat. Not sure quite what she was trying to achieve there, however her hat and shoes were a delight.

Really liked Beatrice. Posters on here can be odd. Criticising some royals for being boring, not edgy enough. Then a young 25 year old experiments and its classified as a mess or disaster. I do like it, and I really like the hat.
. . . . . I have to agree with the attitude on this thread. Some posters put Cruella to shame. I am sure it is a pure kneejerk reaction. Beatrice? Eugenie? Trash talk!

I actually liked Beatrice's outfit today. Love the orange on her...And the jacket was very cute, though it would have looked a little more pulled together if she had zipped the sleeves. However, it didn't look very Royal Ascot-y.

Oh gee my first thought was she had a bannana on her head then I thought it looked like orange peel it isn't a flattering hat or outfit. Eugenie looks like some sort of spy both girls really need to either getting advice about what they wear or just go for more classical looks. Many women can't get away with wearing orange and Beatrice is one of them it's too jarring on her it clashes with her hair and pale skin. Is Ascot really the place to experiment? By now she should have a good idea what suits her and what doesn't and stop giving the excuse she is only 25 that is more then old enough to know your own style. She isn't 18 or 19 she has more access to fashion then most girls her age and the money. They are reminding me more of their mother she wore some real shockers at Ascot in her day. Doesn't she advise them?

While I applaud Beatrice for experimenting, I just don't think this outfit works. The color and style of the skirt is gorgeous and the shoes are cute, but the top half throws the outfit off. I also dislike the hat.

Eugene's entire outfit is a miss. I'm not sure why she keeps wearing these ill-fitting coats and jackets.

Beatrice looks so much like one of my cousins. That cousin is such a great girl/young woman. Maybe it is for that reason that I have a soft spot for Beatrice. She has such a sweet face. I liked the skirt but the combination of the jacket and skirt is rather odd. Eugenie well this is not nice and does not do any favor to her body type.

Some women don't find their style til much later in their 30's it depends on the woman. I think these young women are trying and having fun with fashion. Fashion should be fun your only young once so you get it wrong at least you tried something different.

Some women don't find their style til much later in their 30's it depends on the woman. I think these young women are trying and having fun with fashion. Fashion should be fun your only young once so you get it wrong at least you tried something different.

It may be that Beatrice has found her style, and that it's in the Vivienne Westwood section of the fashion spectrum. I like her sometimes quirky approach. I prefer quirky to boring.

Eugenie? I have no idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom