Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 6: May 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You either have style or you don't and Beatrice and Eugenie just don't. They don't seem to think about the outfits at all. The garden party outfit was awful the shirt looked tacky, the hat went with nothing, the skirt was in my opinion too casual and those wedges should have been left at home. I didn't think she could get any worse yet she has the outfit she wore out with Dave was just a mess. It clashed and while it was probably expensive I don't think that is the way it was supposed to have been worn. Bea is very like her mother in this sense she can't dress either and considering the access she has to fashion it's a shame. I wish she would do something with her hair too.

You either have style or you don't and Beatrice and Eugenie just don't. They don't seem to think about the outfits at all. The garden party outfit was awful the shirt looked tacky, the hat went with nothing, the skirt was in my opinion too casual and those wedges should have been left at home. I didn't think she could get any worse yet she has the outfit she wore out with Dave was just a mess. It clashed and while it was probably expensive I don't think that is the way it was supposed to have been worn. Bea is very like her mother in this sense she can't dress either and considering the access she has to fashion it's a shame. I wish she would do something with her hair too.

Unfortunately... you are fully right!!!:bang:

Your comment is right on, she has no thought process what so ever when it comes to fashion, wear the first thing she sees and likes and *let's go Dave*, out the door a fashion mess from head to toe. I actually am beginning to feel sorry for her because it seems she does not think with the brains because if she did she would look in a mirror and see the mess she is, or else she just goes with the moment and that's it, whatever. Horrible way to life a life when so much is dropped at your feet and you could be doing so much for the family and country....shame her parents didn't teach their children to be productive members of society instead of being just party girls.

I don't think that anyone will ever look to either Beatrice or Eugenie as fashion setters or accuse them of being a clothes horse and that is OK in my book. There are people that could wear the outfits these girls do and look like they've just stepped out of a glossy magazine photo. That's the difference between aplomb and a bomb I guess.

One thing that will go down in the annals of history though is the total look of puzzlement that reverberated around the world as Beatrice stepped out of the car in "that" hat. It quickly went viral though and Bea did a fantastic turnaround of the situation though with auctioning off the hat for charity. Its funny that to this day, enter Beatrice and hat into a search engine and within milliseconds, THAT hat is splashed all over the page. :D

I think too that the image of being "party girls" is based mostly on what the public is allowed to see of their lives as for the most part these girls are private citizens. They have their own private security and sponsor their charities privately and have their own private wealth. Very little that they do is as representatives of family and country.

You either have style or you don't and Beatrice and Eugenie just don't.

That's a matter of opinion, I disagree that you either have style or you don't. It's not a gene you can inherit.

These are two girls, in their twenties, who are possibly still trying to find their style in some peoples eyes. What they wear is never going to please the masses, nor should it. Beatrice and Eugenie should dress for themselves not for other people.

Beatrice's garden party outfit was nice, the black patent wedges weren't appropriate and the pearl bedding on the blouse collar didn't match the skirt. These clothes certainly aren't "hipster".

She looks really nice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Eugene wearing the same white dress at a garden party at Buckingham Palace today, June 10, and at a charity event this evening - I like the evening version without the hat and with different shoes better:

** Full view 1 ** Close up ** Full view 2 **

Princess Eugene wearing the same white dress at a garden party at Buckingham Palace today, June 10, and at a charity event this evening - I like the evening version without the hat and with different shoes better:

** Full view 1 ** Close up ** Full view 2 **

I love this outfit, so clean and crisp, Eugenie pulls off monochrome well.

She's wearing a beautiful pearl pendant today.

I like the style of the dress, but I don't think white is the best color for Eugenie.

LOVE the dress on Eugenie...FINALLY!!!!!! The style is perfect and she looks so smart!

LaRae

IMHO neither of the York girls have any sense of PROPORTION [when it comes to clothing]. It is crucial [almost more so than colour sense ], and they never seem to get it right.

It is a pity, as they both have potential to look great.

I know ...I'm rather shocked that Eugenie did so well...she needs to keep it up!

LaRae

Eugenie looked great at the garden oarty.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

:)PE, she really showed she could do it right, the dress with out that hat and different shoes, really looked chic and really for a nice evening out. Loved that she had red polish on her toes, and those shoes are so sexy. Very very nice PE, way to go.

:previous: She did indeed do it right. I think she pulled one of the best transitions from daywear to evening wear that I have seen recently.

At the Garden Party I really liked her black hat but the animal print style black and white shoes were too harsh to pull the black and white "look" together. Unfortunately her white clutch failed to tie in with the totally white dress.

Now the evening version was teriffic. The different hairstyle, the pearl drop necklace, the gorgeous little clutch and the most elegant evening shoes I have seen her wear for ages. Pretty painted toenails completed the look.

Same dress, different accessories. What a difference.

The night time look is way better then the day one. The purse and shoes were not great choices and the hat wasn't as bad as some I have seen on her but it wasn't anything special.

Now, THESE proportions suit the Princess VERY well indeed.. She looks great !

Eugenie looks nice and she wears her dress well. I like her hairstyle too. My only negative comment about this outfit is on her shoes, they're a bit bulky and out of place with the dress IMO. Some plain black heels would've been much better.

;)My goodness, this is such a great look for her, when I saw the pictures, whoa, I did a double take, very nice indeed Princess Eugenie!
The dress is so chic and dramatic on her, love the red lipstick, the green purse (nice pop of color), the hair is pretty and the shoes(yikes) not so much. A nice plain pair of black satin pumps would be a better fit for this dress.
All in all, 9 out of 10 and hope she keeps it up.

Great look for Eugenie. She looks elegant, and chic.

To be fair, if she's going for a 40s look the shoes are right. The strappy sandals comes along later in the 20th century. I agree that they're not so cute but that would explain the clunkiness.

LOVE the dress...another excellent choice!

LaRae

June 14: Princess Eugenie wears a beige outfit whilst attending 2014's Trooping the Colour. I like her coat although have no words for her hat... I'm trying to work out if it's a Chinese style bowl or a satellite dish. ;) I don't think Beatrice was in attendance:

Close-up ~ Full (ish) view

I don't care for this outfit at all! The hat is very unattractive, imo.

As for the black/white dress, it looks short-waisted to me.

This is a miss for me, especially the hat. Nothing attractive about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom