Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 6: May 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like Beatrice's look. The jacket was the problem, there was just too much there especially with the unzipped sleeves. The skirt and hat matched and were cute if she had just worn a more fitted jacket without the embellishments I think it would have looked much better. I don't know if she changed her makeup but I think her face looked MUCH better.

Eugenie .... not so much, and it's a shame as she has more natural good looks.

Some women don't find their style til much later in their 30's it depends on the woman. I think these young women are trying and having fun with fashion. Fashion should be fun your only young once so you get it wrong at least you tried something different.
You are so right, fashion is supposed to be fun. But if anyone is looking for a late blooming style icon I suggest any of Sophies fashion threads before she turned 40. I think she may have actually put the fabulous in 40!

threads

Beatrice needs to have her dress fitted by a good seamstress.
Eugenie ..... what was she thinking????

Eugenie... Are there any shots of her without the coat on? The coat is not flattering on her.

Beatrice looks better but still not a great dress for her.

LaRae

I would have liked Beatrice's hat to match her dress, not her hair.

Eugenie looks fine, but not dressed for the day since I bet it's hot under that coat.

Dave looks smashing.

Why has Eugenie had some version of a trench coat on for almost every outing in the last 10 days or so?I found it so strange.

Me too...someone needs to burn them all.

LaRae

One of Beatrice's best looks! Love her hairstyle and hat. The dress if very nice and the style gives her a longer look.

Unfortunately, this is not Eugenie's best look. I'm wondering why the recent trench coat fixation???

I love Beatrice's , what was Eugenie thinking?!

I would have liked Beatrice's hat to match her dress, not her hair.

Eugenie looks fine, but not dressed for the day since I bet it's hot under that coat.

Dave looks smashing.
I think Beatrice's hat was meant to match her wedge sandals - so since it matched something else she was wearing I'll give her a pass on it, altho' I agree, a hat matching the dress would have been stunning - I do wish the dress was a size larger it would have looked so elegant, but as it was the bunching at the waist and the tightness over the buttocks looked a bit frumpy. Loved that she's curling her hair a bit, definitely an improvement.
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie clash at Royal Ascot in red and pink attire | Royal | News | Daily Express
Yes, Dave does look smashing, Eugenie's bf looks a tad ill at ease, is this perhaps the first time he's been in the royal box @ Ascot?

sndral...Yes, Dave does look smashing, Eugenie's bf looks a tad ill at ease, is this perhaps the first time he's been in the royal box @ Ascot?

And perhaps the first time wearing what my son would call 'the monkey suit'!
Next time he'll be a suave as Dave.

Last edited:
What I do not understand is ..... particular "style" aside, how can Beatrice look in the mirror and not see that this dress does NOT fit her. It is too loose around the waist, too tight across the back and too tight across the upper thigh. I just don't get it. Could it be that there is not a full length mirror where she lives??? This is just a very fundamental issue and it is pretty constantly happening.

What I do not understand is ..... particular "style" aside, how can Beatrice look in the mirror and not see that this dress does NOT fit her. It is too loose around the waist, too tight across the back and too tight across the upper thigh. I just don't get it. Could it be that there is not a full length mirror where she lives??? This is just a very fundamental issue and it is pretty constantly happening.

I think it's some sort of hereditary malfunction in the part of the brain that perceives and assesses one's own appearance.

But Princess of Durham and I were discussing Beatrice, whose dress was tight in the way that many of her mother's dresses are tight.

OOOPS....

(hangs her head and shuffles off for another cup of coffee. Alert Osipi Alert!

I do agree- Beatrice's hat would've been better if it matched her dress.. I still love her outfit as is.
When I said what was Eugenie thinking - was focused on her hat. But now I've seen her coat, dislike that too.

June 18th
Beatrice's green dress okay but too dark.
Eugenie's hair and makeup very nice.
Eugenie's clothes a complete failure.

June 19th
Beatrice's orange, white & black outfit okay. blouse is a bit tight. Hair & makeup okay.
Eugenie another complete failure.

June 21st
Beatrice's rose outfit is nice. Hair & makeup okay.
Eugenie a complete failure.

The dress on Beatrice is a pretty colour but a very unflattering shape and way too tight in some areas. I don't get the jewellery she is wearing that cuff goes with nothing and the necklace doesn't go either. I think she thought I'm wearing a gold hat so I will wear gold jewellery and gold wedges. It is styled all wrong and what is with those childish curls in her hair they don't go with anything it's her usual mess. Eugenie must of invested in trench coats this year and since the first one didn't flatter her none of them have. Both these girls need someone honest enough to tell them when they aren't looking great. It doesn't take a genius to see the bad fit on Beatrices dress and the girl can afford someone to let it out for her. I'm having flashbacks to Sarah at Ascot.

I think that some of the problem is that current "on trend" designers simply have no idea how to design for a woman who is shaped like an adult human female and not a skeletal mannequin. Most of the current designs I've seen look best on those who are extremely tall, slender, long-legged and with minimal busts and no hips. The fashion world would like us all to believe that that is the normal female shape. However, most adult women I know DO have both busts and hips and we're not 5'10" and 100 lbs. That goes for those of us who can stand to lose a few pounds and those who are a sensible, healthy weight. Shopping off-the-rack, as most of us (and a lot of the young royals) do, can be a real challenge - finding stylish clothes that fit properly can be nearly impossible. It's not enough to take the slim size zero and simply "blow it up" to a size ten or twelve. That leaves no room for the bust or hips - the shape needs to be adjusted for the curves as well. Even my very slim daughter (5'6", 105 lbs turn-sideways-and-she-disappears) has trouble finding clothes as she has 36" hips and a 36" ribcage from running: jeans that would fit her around her waist don't make it past her hips and those that fit her hips gap so badly at the waist that not even a belt can help. As for those of us nearer the size twelve/fourteen end of the spectrum, forget finding a dress that doesn't bulge from being too tight on the bust and hips or doesn't look like a shapeless sack.

Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice need to find designers who understand how to dress women with curves, if they exist. Neither is overweight but Eugenie, in particular, hasn't yet found a designer who can celebrate her curves and show just what a beautiful young woman she is. Beatrice gets it right a little more often but she too suffers from the current "fashions". Unfortunately, I fear the only way for the York girls to shine would be to buy bespoke clothes more often, but that would just give ammunition to their critics... :whistling:

I think that some of the problem is that current "on trend" designers sim. Most of the current designs I've seen look best on those who are extremely tall, slender, long-legged and with minimal busts and no hips.

I've been tall, long-legged and thin; tall, long-legged, athletic; and tall, long-legged and medically obese. Trust me, I have never looked anything more than "that's flattering on you" when I was overweight. You can't just blame designers. You have to blame society in general. When we quit craving thin mannequins, designers will follow.
And this is off-topic.

IMO this issue has nothing to do with designers making dresses for tall skinny people ... sorry, that is just an excuse. The plain fact is the dress didn't fit ANYWHERE, not across the back, not in the waist, not in the hips, not on the butt and not across the thighs. All it needed was a larger size and then have it taken in by a good seamstress. My guess is Beatrice and Eugenie, say "Oh that's my size and don't even try things on. Not all dresses/sizes are made the same. The person buying/wearing them has to get smart, look in the mirror. The thing is with this dress on Beatrice .... it fits NOWHERE!!!!

I think that some of the problem is that current "on trend" designers simply have no idea how to design for a woman who is shaped like an adult human female and not a skeletal mannequin. Most of the current designs I've seen look best on those who are extremely tall, slender, long-legged and with minimal busts and no hips.

I agree; that's why the press is fascinated with anything Kate wears, and why Diana was a fashion icon. It's entirely due to the body type, which shows clothes to advantage.

But even they looked their best in bespoke clothing because of the fit. BUt the royals can't get everything bespoke; they'd be criticized so much!

I read somewhere ( I forget where) that most women should get alterations on just about everything they buy. Of course. most of us don't have the time or the money to do that and have to get by as best we can.

I quite like this outfit - the fringed jacket is very chic. Just a pity she is wearing black to a midsummer event particularly as the weather in the UK is very mediterranean right now.

Princess Beatrice in black at Mazi's Summer Party and at Chiltern Firehouse yesterday, June 24:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The York girls seems to have unlimited clothing budgets, quite unlike the more senior royals who are often seen recycling their clothes. It is rare to see Beatrice or Eugenie repeat their expensive designer clothes.

I'm not a fan of the gold patterns on her jacket, but apart from that she looks nice and appropriate for the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom