Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 5: January 2013 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a sack tied in the middle and is also too short for the occasion - all the other women seem to be wearing longer dresses even to evening dresses while she is wearing a day dress.

When I was in my early 20s I used to make dresses that looked like that. They were as short as that, too, and looked as wrong on me as they do on her.:D It's one of the simplest dress patterns you could have. Very quick and easy to make. I used to dress mine up with jewellery though, especially for evening.

I agree it's way too short for the occasion, and for any occasion, btw. And yet, so short dresses don't look good on her. But I like the dress itself.

That's a dress?? Surely she can do better than that. I don't think she will ever learn how to dress her figure correctly.

I like the colour and Eugenie looks nice in general, but could her dress be any shorter?

The dress is very beautiful, especially I liked the colour a lot but does it suit for a princess? It's very simple,IMO. It doesn't even look good on her, it's very unflattering.

I like the colour and Eugenie looks nice in general, but could her dress be any shorter?

She is 23 so yes it probably could be shorter. She is not a working royal and what she wears is her business.

The problem I see is that the shorter the dress, the blockier it makes her look. Not flattering at all.

She is 23 so yes it probably could be shorter. She is not a working royal and what she wears is her business.

She is in the public eye, the grandchild of the monarch and niece of the next monarch - she needs to dress appropriately for the occasion. That dress might have been fine for a night out with her boyfriend but not for the occasion when the other ladies present are wearing nice looking long dresses.

I agree but 23 is the time to experiment; we've all been through that - it's just her time. She has never indulged in the really horrendous - I think she will struggle cos she is a curvy girl - v like her g-grandmother

If she were going to a ball on Sesame Street- I would wear that dress. Looks like she took the Count's cape and made a dress out of it.

So much strum und drang. The dress isn't that bad, but it seems completely inappropriate for the event.

:previous: That's the thing. She was at an event where had a chance to dress like a grown-up like the other ladies, and she wore that dress! 23 is not really all that young. By 23 she should be making better choices.

Just one other thought - people like Joely Richardson go to these events to get noticed. Beatrice doesn't. She doesnt have to dress like them

So much strum und drang. The dress isn't that bad, but it seems completely inappropriate for the event.

The dress is clean and neat - but I agree that it is so inappropriate for that event.

The colour suits her but I really don't think it looks that good - reminds me of the school uniforms girls used to wear in the 70s when they would tie them in the middle to look shorter than they really were and then untie them when the teacher's were looking.

Totally inappropriate for the occasion but then Eugenie, despite being 23, (and I don't know any 23 year old who would wear that out at night) has never had much taste in clothes.

She needs some good guidance and that won't be coming from her mother - maybe time for the Queen's dresser to help out the young princesses as she is reportedly going to help out Kate.

:previous: Eugenie looks nice and simple. Like her lipstick! Although I'm not sure "ghostly pale" is the phrase I would describe her appearance. Yes she's pale, but not that pale. In my point of view, saying that someone is "ghostly pale" means that they're looking a little ill/unhealthy.

I don't understand this sentence - I got the impression that you're saying I can't comment on what she wears because it's her personal choice...

She is in the public eye, the grandchild of the monarch and niece of the next monarch - she needs to dress appropriately for the occasion. That dress might have been fine for a night out with her boyfriend but not for the occasion when the other ladies present are wearing nice looking long dresses.

I fully agree with your post! :flowers: I wouldn't have minded the length if Eugenie was going to a nightclub with friends, but she was attending a more formal event.

Last edited:
:previous: I'm saying she only needs to dress for herself, not to please the public.

Another one! She's certainly putting that sewing machine to good use! :D

Yes, tanning is injurious to the skin. And that awful fake orange skin looks terrible, I think pale is so much more attractive than that!

Love the hat, but it doesn't go with the outfit.

She looks quite pretty with her soft smile and simple hair-do. Not sure I like the wide belt, however.

The outfit is nice and the hat is alright, although I'm not so sure about its shape. The flower detailing on it is cute, however. Like udyusa, I'm not a fan of the belt. It's a little unnecessary IMO.

Princess Beatrice in a blue dress and black jacket at the Karl Lagerfeld Store Opening in London on March 13:

** Full view *

Not a fan of the jacket with the dress.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom