Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 4: May 2012 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Eugenie's look (minus the hat). The coat is a lovely and becoming shade of red. Beatrice's coat has a nice color (blue), but the trimming and buttons make it look very fussy. The hat is...:eek: (and that goes for her sister too).

I don't think they look great but not bad the colours are nice on them and I think the hats are not okay.

I don't like either of these hats or outfits that much. Eugenie looks like she has a birds nest on her head and Beatrice like she wrapped a couple of pieces of material around her head. The colours of the hat do not match the colours she is wearing the pinks are different shades. Both girls have looked way better then this.

^ This! ^ This!

I truly don't understand why these two don't share a stylist. Instead they often look like they were put together by a committee - or given fashion advice by their mother.
Lol, that comes to my mind sometimes too.
Eugenie shouldn't have gone out of the house with that green nightgown on.
She looks so nice in the pretty, nicely fitting red coat, I'll overlook the hat.
Beatrice's Trooping outfit was cartoonish, the colors and fuss and funny hat and funny hair, I felt embarassed for her.

I just got as far as their heads and thought, dear Lord......

One looks like she's Davy Crockett and the other is channeling Fiddler on the Roof.

I just got as far as their heads and thought, dear Lord......

One looks like she's Davy Crockett and the other is channeling Fiddler on the Roof.

Now I have a picture of Beatrice dancing around BP and singing 'Matchmaker' at the top of her lungs, with that ridiculous hat on :ROFLMAO:. Good observations though. Very accurate.

I just wonder if these two princesses a) own a mirror and if so, b) use it or c) get dressed in the dark.

I think they need to realise the fact they are minor royalty now and dressing like that will only get them negative attention.

I love Eugenie's coat but not Beatrice's. Both of their hats are horrid!

They must get some sort of allowance or freebie clothes to wear to the official engagements because in the candid shot of them going about their everyday life they just dont wear this sort of stuff. They look like mini QEII's I mean some of the stuff they wear is so old fashioned like what a Granny would wear and mixed with weird hats looks like a train wreck most of the time.

You know, I really do like Beatrice and Eugenie they do seem like lovely young girls who have never done anyone any harm. But it is just SOOO easy to have a laugh at their expense.

Sometimes I sit there and wonder if the rest of the family waits nervously in the hall right before they come downstairs and then either go weak with relief or... not.... :cool:

i didn't really like their trooping of the colors maybe they could have worn something more like kate

Thought Eugenie looked striking at Trooping the colour - great colour and i liked the feather beret hat. Beatrice's outfit wasnt great but the two girls have been dressing better since the Royal wedding disaster last april

I don't get the nasty snipes about their clothes choices. The rest of the BRF get an A+ through to D- but they do not get ridiculed or insulted on a personal level. IMO Zara's elephant trunk hat was every inch a match and more to Beatrice's ill starred antlers. But Zara's choice was just judged in passing, a comment or two (and it was ugly) whereas Beatrice was put through a press and forum hammering where every aspect of her life, her clothes, even her personality, were put under a microsope and found wanting. And it seems she is never to be forgiven.

Now every time someone doesn't like the girls ensemble choices there are nasty comments about their personal taste and intimations that perhaps their mother was their personal dresser. "Too fussy" is one of the nicer comments, "fashion advice from ther mother", "cartoonish", "ridiculous", wondering if they "own a mirror", "get dressed in the dark", "get freebies", look like "train wrecks", etc. are personal and often poisonous. And that is just in the last 20 posts. At least one person was honest enough to admit that it was just "so easy to have a laugh at their expense".

Why aren't we laughing with them like we do when any other royal gets it wrong? Why don't we laugh at a particular outfit or hat and just leave it at that? Why do we have to laugh at them personally, and intimate that they're not quite good enough to be royal in some odd way? The whole "but really dahrlings, they just can't help that they are just sooo trashy . . . perhaps their mother?" attitude really needs a turn around.

Perhaps if we actually objectively evaluated what we like and don't like we would see that wonderfully whimsical trait they both have reemerge to make us smile. Perhaps even Butterflies!

You bring up some great points MARG. I feel sorry for BnE because they are treated horribly by the press and those on this board. These girls have done nothing wrong yet they get ridiculed for what I believe is their mother's mistakes. They also are not the ideal English Rose so that might play a part as well.

I think the problem with these 2 princesses is that they lack something called chic. Take the thanksgiving service for instance, even though the dresses are in themselves lovely, in my opinion, they looked ill fitting and their hair wasn't really put together, it's as if they lack a certain oomph, a spice which you need when you dress up that puts everything well together, the outfit, hat, hair makeup and shoes. The Docambridge has it, Sophie has perfected it, although she made many bumps on the way, the duchess of G is another good example. Sarah Duchess of Y does not have it the girls are pretty and have nice clothes, but they don't have that finish to give them a look of perfection, and they haven't yet realized that more is usually toooo much.

Damn it Ice i've got 5 tabs open looking for pictures of Eugenie and you beat me to it :lol:;)

Eugenie looks amazing. I love the cut and color on her figure.

The colours are nice, but the style is not the most flattering on Eugenie.
Not a bad look too, mind you; just not a really good one for my taste.

This is one is a miss for me. The fit of this outfit is off (which seems to be a constant problem with Eugenie's clothes) and the black lace on the sleeves resemble a doily. I also think she should have done something different with her hair, the current style looks quite messy.

Damn it Ice i've got 5 tabs open looking for pictures of Eugenie and you beat me to it :lol:;)

If I only had known! ;):)

Princess Beatrice has welcomed the Olympic Flame on the steps of Harewood House, near Leeds, today,
wearing a dress with a flower print and a dark coat, I think we've seen on her before:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Dislike both the outfits, I don't think it suits them. Also, Eugenie's outfit from the back is horrible.

Last edited:
I like the color combination on Eugenie's outfit, but I don't like the style of the dress. The ruffle in the middle is putting emphasis on her hips and making her look wider than she is.

Not a bad look for Beatrice. The dress looks nice on her, and the belt adds some contrast.

Well I thought both ladies looked good. Great to see Beatrice involved in the Olympic events.

I wonder if we'll the BRF at the opening ceremony?

iceflower said:

Princess Eugenie at Royal Ascot Day 1 today, June 19, the colour combination looks great on her:

** Full view ** Upper part **

That skirt is too long, it makes her look matronly or a grandmother. Eugenie usually has better dresses. A part from the long skirt, it is a beautiful color and works well with the black sweater.

Last edited:
XeniaCasaraghi said:
That skirt is too long, it makes her look matronly or a grandmother. Eugenie usually has better dresses. A part from the long skirt, it is a beautiful color and works well with the black sweater.

You do realise that there are rules for the royal enclosure about what people wear?

:previous: Hmm, you are right. I saw a photo of two of the Fashion Police on duty and I have to admit, as uniforms go . . . they went! Unfortunately Eugenie seemed to think that "If that's the way you think then this is what you get! Butt ugly, so there!!" :flowers:

Actually, the fashion police have set the standard. :sad: I wonder if Beatrice's fabulous Butterfly Hat would pass muster? Wouldn't it be a hoot if she tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom