Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to open a can of worms but it might be an interesting discussion to ask this question: do we have a lower standard for what we find acceptable - and even attractive - attire for Bea and Eugenie, as opposed to Kate?

(if this isn't the correct forum for that discussion, I apologize and could the mods move or delete as they see fit? thanks)

I thought both girls looked great. I definitely like their outfits. Well done.

I don't want to open a can of worms but it might be an interesting discussion to ask this question: do we have a lower standard for what we find acceptable - and even attractive - attire for Bea and Eugenie, as opposed to Kate?
I am not sure what you mean. Is it;

a. We expect less from Kate because she's just starting out, or

b. We expect less from Beatrice and Eugenie because of their fashion "history"?

I personally believe that the York girls get cut a lot less slack.

The York sisters are picked on far too much because of the faux-pas of their mother. They don't always get it right, yet they don't deserve the flack they receive from the media.

The York sisters made a dramatical inprovement in their appearance. Beatrice lost a lot of weight and she exercizes well. Of course mistakes like the horrible hat in the royal wedding can occur, but generally she manages to have elegant appearances.
Eugenie has still to inprove! She has weiht to loose and to choose better her outfits. She really needs to realise that a high fashion modern outfit is not a suitable for every type of body. Her choice for the Royal wedding was a nigtmare for her. But in the memorial she was perfect. Elegant outfit and perfect for her. She has a very pretty face, and it is a pitty to do such bad choices like in the WK wedding. IMO Vivienne Westwood is a catastrophic designer for her.
Both girls have a "heavy inheritance" from their parents. Till now Sara is unable to appear "normally" dressed (i mean with suitable skirts lenght and tops with no flesh exhibited).
And Andrew despite that he was very handsome young, now he ages bad. He gained weight and he is not toned at all.
So i think both york girls have to constantly fight.

Last edited:
I thought both girls looked great. I definitely like their outfits. Well done.

Im in agreement here, the York Sisters look great!

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie at a service of thanksgiving in memory of the Queen Mother
and Princess Margaret in Windsor today.

Beatrice looks nice with a recycled flower dress and a blue jacket and Eugenie is also lovely with
her red dress and black coat:

** Beatrice full view ** Beatrice side/back view ** Eugenie 1 ** Eugenie 2 **

Beatrice's outfit was not that bad, it could just have been coordinated better IMO. There are too many blue shades going on for me and the hat is not a favorite of mine. Hasn't she worn the dress before? I'm not sure. However, it's a bit old-ish for her and yet I kinda like it. The print looks somehow typically British to me. Great legs she has!

Eugenie looked lovely - red is her color and the navy (?) coat and hat were nice additions.

:previous: Florals seem to be the "in" thing both Spring and Summer 2011 and 2012. To be honest, it is not as bad a fashion trend as many others. In fact, I think it looks fresh and new again.

(Who could forget Doc Martin's Louisa and her beautiful soft florals of the last season?)

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie at a service of thanksgiving in memory of the Queen Mother
and Princess Margaret in Windsor today.

Beatrice looks nice with a recycled flower dress and a blue jacket and Eugenie is also lovely with
her red dress and black coat:

** Beatrice full view ** Beatrice side/back view ** Eugenie 1 ** Eugenie 2 **

(if this isn't the correct forum for that discussion, I apologize and could the mods move or delete as they see fit? thanks)

I do think that these days Beatrice is dressing a lot better than she used to not that long ago. I think both B&E looked just fine at the memorial service in Windsor recently. Interesting to note that both B&E seem to be following the style of hat that Kate is wearing quite a lot of. Are we going to see them follow Kate's approach to fashion?

I do think that these days Beatrice is dressing a lot better than she used to not that long ago.
She is maturing and with age comes a little bit of wisdom.

I think both B&E looked just fine at the memorial service in Windsor recently.
You will get no argument out of me. I think they are shaping up nicely. Youth is the time to play with fashion before you find your own personal style. Beatrice's is starting to emerge.

Interesting to note that both B&E seem to be following the style of hat that Kate is wearing quite a lot of.
Umm, I don't see it myself. Both girls have played with large picture hats, satellite dishes (a la Sophie), Fascinators, feathers and pillboxes. Kate is just starting and, to be honest, is pretty pedestrian in her millinery choices. I think she spends more on her little girl tresses than her hats!

Are we going to see them follow Kate's approach to fashion?
Oh good heavens, please, no! They are emerging into their own style. Catherine is too busy being a "High Street" mannequin and swinging wildly from "little girl" to "middle aged matron". Even Eugenie's fashion choices show more flair, imagination and maturity than Catherine's.

Interesting to note that both B&E seem to be following the style of hat that Kate is wearing quite a lot of. Are we going to see them follow Kate's approach to fashion?

Umm, I don't see it myself. Both girls have played with large picture hats, satellite dishes (a la Sophie), Fascinators, feathers and pillboxes. Kate is just starting and, to be honest, is pretty pedestrian in her millinery choices. I think she spends more on her little girl tresses than her hats!

Just to clarify, I was referring to the style of hats worn by B&E at the service at Windsor last week, and as to whether they are similar to the style of hats Kate has been wearing recently.

The princesses of York looked great fir the memorial service.

I hope that they will stay themselves, even if it means some crazy hats form time to time. Both like designers outfits (Bea looks great in Elie Saab, Eugenie in Viviene Westwood) but their casual style is very similar to what we can see at British streets.

Casual style? I don't think that they got a casual style...I have never seen them in jeans and boots for example..in a casual dress, in sabrinas and casual troussers...

agami.pearl said:
I hope that they will stay themselves, even if it means some crazy hats form time to time. Both like designers outfits (Bea looks great in Elie Saab, Eugenie in Viviene Westwood) but their casual style is very similar to what we can see at British streets.

Agreed. Beatrice's butterfly outfit is my favorite, and it took someone like her to wear it. I like watching them have fun with their clothes, and I hope it never stops

Yes, the girls do have a fun style and that's a good way of putting it, Hermione. It's certainly better than seeing the same boring, predictable looks. Quirky can be interesting, though I get tired of the overall black style.

Last edited:
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie saw "Florence and the Machine" perform at the Royal Albert Hall on April 3.
- Picture
- Close up

I rather like this casual look on the Princesses. Nice but not over the top.
Pictures originally posted by iceflower in the York Family thread. Thank you, Iceflower! :)

Those are nice casual outfits.

Casual style? I don't think that they got a casual style...I have never seen them in jeans and boots for example..in a casual dress, in sabrinas and casual troussers...
By casual I mean daytime style, no hats, gowns and things like that. As at Artemisia's photos, love Eugenie's leather jacket, Bea's coat is nice, but I wish she would wear less dark clothes.

I agree, I like Eugenie's short leather jacket but because Beatrice is shrouded in black, it's hard to see the pretty navy dress on underneath.

Agreed. Beatrice's butterfly outfit is my favorite, and it took someone like her to wear it. I like watching them have fun with their clothes, and I hope it never stops
I loved the butterfly outfit as well. It is quintessentially "Beatrice" and I love her flights of fashion fancy. I hope she never loses the ability to enjoy fashion, it would spoil it for her and us!

That is hardly surprising as almost all of the photo's we see are of them going to, or coming from, an event or occasion and they don't seem to be Polo fans. The press are not interested in them when they are just living a normal, day to day life.

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie saw "Florence and the Machine" perform at the Royal Albert Hall on April 3.
- Picture
- Close up

I rather like this casual look on the Princesses. Nice but not over the top.
Pictures originally posted by iceflower in the York Family thread. Thank you, Iceflower! :)

Nice Picture , Both They Looks Nice , The Both Outfits Nice & Casual :flowers: Thanx For Posting

Beatrice joined the Queen and DoE at York Minster today for the traditional Royal Maundy Service.

Beatrice top half

Full view

I must say I think Beatrice looks wonderful today. She has more leeway to experiment and try something different than Kate does, for example. Sometimes she takes that too far, but today I think she got it just right.

I think this is the best I've ever seen Beatrice look! The hat is so perky, and her hair is lovely.

She is LOVELY!!! Nice outfit, nice hair, and pretty hat.

Beatrice is the proof that you can be the daughter od Sara... and be elegant!!!!!

I love that hat on her I think it's the best I have seen her look. I always thoought she did the silly hat's for attention and now she is growing into a young woman and has discovered a more simple and elegant look will get you attention too.

Today she looked exactly what she is - a princess of the UK and born to the position - the pity is that she will not be allowed to serve in that capacity and do good for her country but will be forced to do other things and only be trotted out on one or two occasions a year.

Love, love, love Beatrice's look today. She looks every inch the princess. Now, if she could only be consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom