The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Hmm. Well, I like Eugenie's effort better than Beatrice's, but that's not saying much. Beatrice looks underdressed, and in a not very becoming ensemble. Eugenie at least looks festive.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Yes Eugenie looks happy in red. I don't mind Beatrice's outfit except for the hat, which I don't think suits her at all.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Eugenie has accessorized her dress well. I like the red and black of the coat dress but the designer should have stopped sooner with the black embellishment.
I love Beatrice’s hat and boots, but the coat dress says Spring more than Christmas to me. It doesn’t suit the accessories.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:07 AM
Courtier

Both women look lovely for Christmas.
The red is reminding me of a Robin Red-Breast in Winter!
Old 12-25-2018, 10:58 AM
Nobility

Like both looks of the sisters today.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Not too keen on either ladies’ outfits today. I would prefer less ornamentation on Beatrice’s coat, and I think Eugenie would benefit from a slightly less snug fit!
Old 12-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. But Beatrice's looks better than Eugenie's, which doesn't fit well.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

I agree. But Beatrice's looks better than Eugenie's, which doesn't fit well.

I like Eugenie’s outfit better in general. Love red and black. But it doesn’t fit her as well as Beatrice’s.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I love Beatrice's coat dress. She has the body to pull it off and I think the knee high boots brings a young fresh feeling to the church looks. She has courage to wear that hat and I think k she pulled it off.
Eugenie's outfit is lackluster.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:13 AM
Royal Highness

Beatrice's outfit looked OK to me & the hat style suits her (would have looked better in a matching colour) but Eugenie's coat is trying too hard - too much decoration & that high neck never suits her.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sort of meh about both of their Christmas looks. While Eugenie does look lovely in red with her dark hair, this dress just didn't do it for me. It doesn't appear to fit well and there's just too much going on with all of the embellishment. As for Beatrice....I just don't really like the outfit. I don't particularly hate any one piece of it or even the whole thing put together but it just isn't great. It seems a bit too casual for the Christmas walk and the hat looks fine on her but not for Christmas. On the other hand, she does look nice in blue so I guess both York sisters chose colors that look nice on them even if the outfits themselves didn't dazzle.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:48 PM
Majesty

Re: Eug, I think if it fit better, all that was going on in that dress would have been less distracting. But when obvious strong lines distort because of poor fit - it is jarring.

And I have decided I almost always dislike Bea's choices. My style is chalk to her cheese. That said, she looked fine and very much in her own style. It was a fine choice for her Christmas walk.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Not a fan of Eugenie's outfit (love the red though) and prefer Beatrice's however I'm not so sure about the fitting of her coat as it seems a little tight.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice at the Education World Forum in London today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxh-BToX4AAWarc.jpg
Old 01-22-2019, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Not a fan of the jacket with the rest of the outfit though this is a nice, simple business look from Beatrice nevertheless. She doesn't have the best of postures here though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-22-2019, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

IT's just blah to me...the whole look.

LaRae
Old 01-22-2019, 09:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think she is making more of an effort to be a bit less over the top, at least at professional events like this. I think she just took it a bit too far, and it needs something. A scarf, some accessory, something to add a pop.

Neutrals can be very interesting and not blah, but need to be done right. This is a boring outfit without something added.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Beatrice meeting the British Ambassador to Laos and the Lao Ambassador to the UK at Buckingham Palace last week:

** Upper part **
Old 02-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Courtier

It may be just the shape, but didn’t Meghan wore the same skirt/dress this month? (Or was it the Spanish queen?)

Either way, I like Beatrice take on it, and the color suits her very nicely.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Beatrice attended the Childline Trailblazers event in London:

** Full view ** Upper part **