The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That dress is divine. I wish I could buy it!
Old 07-18-2019, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Absolutely stunning. Her perfect style of dress. She should purchase many more same cut in tons of different materials. Not many have such a great "hourglass figure" that isn't part plastic.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

I absolutely adore this whole look! She looks absolutely fabulous, the color is perfect for her....definitely a winner!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't normally pay much attention to the Yorkettes but Princess Eugenie looked lovely today.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
It's a pretty dress on Eugenie, but that's a lot of cleavage for an event at an abbey.
I thought the same - otherwise, though, this is a gorgeous dress for Eugenie and I hope to see it again at a different event!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful green dress. It looks so good on her. This style really suits her.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

Stunning dress for Princess Eugenie, but I agree that there is too much cleavage for an event at Westminster Abbey.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Absolutely stunning. Her perfect style of dress. She should purchase many more same cut in tons of different materials. Not many have such a great "hourglass figure" that isn't part plastic.
Yes, both Beatrice and Eugenie have "hourglass" figures and this gorgeous green looks wonderful on Eugenie. As to the bustline, both girls inherited that from QEQM as did the Queen and Princess Margaret.

While you can see cleavage, unlike celebrities, her girls aren't making a break for it but are perfectly corralled. There is nothing vulgar about it and if you raised the neckline so absolutely no cleavage is showing she'd be wearing very unflattering high necks.

I think that was an issue for both girls growing up and they did not embrace their own bodies, thanks in part to the unrelenting media body shaming and so they tried to disguise their gorgeous hourglass figures by wearing very unflattering clothes.

When Catherine arrived in 2011 with her slim, almost willowy figure, the York girls were mercilessly ridiculed for their fashion faux pas as they strived to dress more like Catherine. Now, they have embraced who they are and we get to see gorgeous dresses like this and her gorgeous wedding dress. What's not to love.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with MARG. The dress was a smidgen more bold than I would have expected at the Abbey, but who cares, that style of dress looks great on her. The high-necked sleeveless dresses she has favored in recent times don't do her any favors.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
Stunning dress for Princess Eugenie, but I agree that there is too much cleavage for an event at Westminster Abbey.
It seemed to be more of a meeting event that happened to be at the Abbey. It didn't necessarily seem to have a church service component.
And Eugenie's dress really covered everything important--she just is blessed with a generous bust. (I also really like that dress, in general and on her.)
Old 07-18-2019, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Very flattering dress.
A bit low-cut for the Abbey, but otherwise, it's a keeper!
Old 07-18-2019, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely green dress !
Old 07-19-2019, 03:11 AM
Courtier

Green really suits her. This style flatter her figure and shows her hourglass figure to perfection. Also lovely hairstyle. Great summery look!
Old 07-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.