Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Sofia in blue on day 1 of the state visit from Italy today, November 13:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
This is a very nice dress. I like the black clutch and shoes with the blue dress.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

That link is great thanks, I can see the headband. Goodness I thought you were all going a bit potty. But it was just me. Ha ha.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

As so often with Sofia, her outfit does not match the standard of the rest of the SRF ladies.
The gown is a fail, its almost painful to see the brooches/orders pull on the fabric, what a mess. She should know much better/seems not be getting any assistance/doesnt care about it.
But hey, it's a free country after all, and Sofia can make a fool of herself as much as she likes!

Same with the daytime outfit, the dress is ordinary and the headband a joke.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

These young women who marry into Royal Families really need the services of a Good Stylist. Especially for the first few years. Makes a big difference.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Sofia at a lunch at the City Hall of Stockholm on day 2 of the state visit from Italy today, November 14:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 11-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Really like the pale blue dress...not sure about that shoe.

LaRae
Old 11-14-2018, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

I could be wrong but looks like a top and skirt.

The color is pretty but I find it a bit blah. It needs something to break it up. It it is separates, I'd have liked a different top with the skirt in different color. Or some accessories.

But definitely step in right direction after last night.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Sofia at the banquet tonight

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr6DnfFXgAATeq1?format=jpg
I like the separates, it's brave to wear something different and I think the type of material has a tightening effect.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Aristocracy

The banquet outfit is beautiful! I was expecting something horrible when reading the comments, but the overall look is actually very nice. Expressen gave her 5/5, but I think that's a bit generous, considering the fabric pulling problem with the orders and brooches. I think that's the reason why it may look too tight for some, I don't think it is. Hopefully she'll find a solution and reuses the outfit, the colour and the tailoring are very flattering for her.

Both the blue outfits are fine, nothing spectacular, but quite nice. I think the pale blue skirt would be more flattering if it was a tad shorter. The headband she wore yesterday is too plain. It reminds me of 1950's housewife style, I wear those kind of headbands myself at home sometimes. I don't have anything against headbands as long as they are somewhat impressive, like the pearl headband she wore at Alexander's christening.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

And tonight black dress for Princess Sofia at the reception

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr_BmYYWwAAvcCy?format=jpg
Old 11-15-2018, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.