Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 3: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this dress makes even slim model look heavy/bigger around her hips and waist, then its definitely not very flattering style on any woman who have hips and boobs and don't want to look bigger than she actually is! Perhaps thin belt and v-neck could have made this style look more flattering.
On another note I'm glad Sofia has given up on her usual central parting. Side part hairstyles look so much better on her.

Last edited:
I love the color and general style of the dress but I don't like that neckline on her. It would be more flattering to be a little more open.

LaRae

:previous: Sophia's gown is gorgeous and really suits her. However, the Halo Snowflake tiara looks better with it than the emerald incarnation for her last official photo. Her hair and makeup are outstanding.

Last edited:
:previous: Sophia's gown is gorgeous and really suits her. However, the Halo Snowflake tiara looks better with it than the emerald incarnation for her last official photo. Her hair and makeup are outstanding.
Which is the Halo Snowflake tiara you refer to?

Muriel I think they are calling Sophia's tiara the 'halo snowflake'.

LaRae

I am a big fan of the removal of the emeralds. I really like the tiara this way.

LaRae

:previous: Well the way it sits on her head like the Halo does with her hair in that style there is no dark behind the tiara and the dreaded pinecones spread out and look like snowflakes, hence the Halo Snowflake. Whatever it's called, it's got to be better than "That Emerald Thing that Sophia has". :D

I prefer the tiara with this base, much better than the one used at her wedding.
But removing the emeralds makes it so bland...

This gown is one of her best.

This gown is such a perfect color and cut for her. The waist cinches in a little high and the skirt is just full enough. Love her hair, tiara and makeup

Even though I'm sick of lacy-clothes, its good to see this evening gown recycled again. It has lovely frosty blue color that goes well with her eyes. Her hair were also very lovely styled and looked pretty with that restyled tiara. I didn't quite like the fit around her belly but I guess she's still loosing some of the pregnancy weight.

Last edited:
I prefer the tiara with this base, much better than the one used at her wedding.
But removing the emeralds makes it so bland...

This gown is one of her best.

Her tiara isn't as bland as CP Mary's wedding tiara ;)

I love the cut and style of her gown too

Her tiara isn't as bland as CP Mary's wedding tiara ;)

I love the cut and style of her gown too

With the emeralds, no. Without it, hmmm...

I mean, Mary's wedding tiara is small and with tiny diamonds, but it does have some old-styled designs.

I'm just not feeling the 'palm leaf' design of Sofia's? It just feels really modern and looks glaring white in most pictures (I'm assuming that's due to the way the tiara is made, not an expert). Everyone's got their cup of tea I guess.

I just hope the Danes and the Swedes give Isabella, Josephine and Estelle some decent 18th birthday tiaras, no barbwire please.

With the emeralds, no. Without it, hmmm...

I mean, Mary's wedding tiara is small and with tiny diamonds, but it does have some old-styled designs.

I'm just not feeling the 'palm leaf' design of Sofia's? It just feels really modern and looks glaring white in most pictures (I'm assuming that's due to the way the tiara is made, not an expert). Everyone's got their cup of tea I guess.

I just hope the Danes and the Swedes give Isabella, Josephine and Estelle some decent 18th birthday tiaras, no barbwire please.
The Bernadottes should buy back Queen Louise's tiara from the eventual heirs of Princess Desirée and give it to Estelle as a starter tiara.

For me, this is one of the best evening appearances from Sofia recently, a decent dress that suits her and side-parting hairstyle.
Ok the tiara is not on the level of the other SRF tiaras and it still looks skimpy but better than with the emaralds.

Princess Sofia looked lovely,I much prefer her hair in that style and the gown was also very beautiful.

I absolutely love her coat. Nice look for her. :flowers:

But the hairdo doesn't suit her at all. :sad:

I missed her gown the other evening. The color was beautiful on her. And the overall style one of her best evening looks. But too much lace IMO.

I for one like the tiara without the emeralds. I am not fond of the tiara either way, but better this way. The emeralds remind me of spearmint candies. Without though, looks like a nice wedding tiara found in any store (for normal off the street bride I mean).

Last edited:
She looks very nice.....and I love the queen's birdcage!

LaRae

I just love the traditional outfit that Princess Sofia wore, she is such a very beautiful lady and the pictures show how well she and Queen Silva have become, that is so wonderful. I see so much change in her from the time she met and married Carl Philip to this day.........amazing young lady and very smart.

This is honestly one of her best looks ever.

Always love to see traditional outfit! The only thing I would complain is her hair, I prefer a neater look.

I was completely wowed by this regional, family-made version of traditional dress for an occasion like this.

That's saying a lot, as my opinion of this tradition of the ladies going traditional dress while the men dress in in suits is that it seems such an affectation, JMO.

But I can understand her wanting to look traditional for her child's christening. Good for her.

Last edited:
The traditional dress is really beautiful! I know these dresses are so comfortable to wear and warm, too, so it's an excellent choice for a winter christening. Seeing this makes me wish we would see more traditional costumes in the independece day ball in Finland this year. And have to add, that blue lace dress she used again is one of my favourite dresses on her, glad too see it again!

I have to say at first I was like "what in the world is she wearing", but then after I read that it's the traditional dress for Gabriel's dukedom and her home, I realized how meaningful it was. Good play by Sofia today. And on a personal note, I love the way CP is with this boys. You can see the love he has for his family, written all over his face.

I just love that Sofia wore traditional folk dress for the christening, that was unexpected! Although I thought the same as princess gertrude at first - before I watched more of the livestream and realised I was being ignorant when it comes to Swedish traditional costume. Would've been nice to see someone else joining Sofia so she didn't look like such an odd one out, but I'm glad that she wore the traditional dress.

What a wonderful idea! A big bravo to Sofia for her choice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom