Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good look on her. Suit fits her quite well and for once it doesn't look like she will trip over her pants. Very professional look:) I do wish she would try a different part in her hair but good choice over all:flowers:

Isn't it the same suit that she wore at the Global Child Forum in South Africa?

I really like her hairstyle! I was hopin for a updo and she did it. I also very much like the headband.
The dress is not bad, I would say it is fine but it is reminiscent of Victoria's white outfit at Prince Oscar's christening.

I quite love her choice for the christening. Even the pearl headband, which can easily become really cheasy looking, looks good.

^^^ That designer is too much overrated imo, and Sofia's wedding dress didn't look custom-made either.

I liked it, both dress and headband.
Yes, it is a repeat of CP Victorias White dress at the baptism from her son.... but white Mama dress and white baptizm dress simply works perfect together!

So a clear GO for my side!
BYe Bine

I'm not going to comment on what they were wearing, because I don't care very much because I think that's very superficial. I'm sure everyone was wearing what he/she had been told to wear. What I did notice is that Chris and Daniel are absolutely wonderful fathers, giving their children the level of attention they needed at the time to feel comfortable at the event. In Daniel's case, I am sure he was also appropriately educating his sweet little girl as part of her continuing education for her important future role.

I like the dress...but I'm not a fan of these headbands you see on the Swedish ladies.

If you want to wear a tiara wear one...don't wear a girly looking substitute.

LaRae

i thought the dress was okay, nothing too outstanding but not bad either - i guess i'm just not a fan of Ida Sjöstedt, who seems to have become sofia's go to designer for big events (like the wedding, the nobels and now christenings). the shoes were bad though - something a bit more classy would have been nice, like a simple set of pumps with no platform.

i liked the headband, i thought it was refreshing but sofia seems to favour that middle part which just looks ghastly.

I like her a lot!! Very elegant and i love her shoes too!

I like the dress...but I'm not a fan of these headbands you see on the Swedish ladies.

If you want to wear a tiara wear one...don't wear a girly looking substitute.

LaRae

There is a difference in a hairband and in diadems (tiaras). As this was a festive event with a 'dressed up' dresscode and as pearls are perfect for daywear, I thoughg Princess Sofia looked great on her son's baptism.

It was an unfortunate choice for Sofia to wear white at the royal christening, because Victoria and Estelle already wore white only some months ago at Oscar's christening. White doesn't look very good on Sofia, she needs softer colours. The outfit ages Sofia 10 years. The headband doesn't suit her and as some kind of tiara imitation isn't a good choice for this event. But with a different hairstyle the headband would have looked a lot better.

I think princess Sofia was the best dress royal lady today, by far! The dress and the pearl headband were very beautiful and her hairdo was one of the best she has had ever. Didn't like her eye make up, though, too dark in my opinion, especially when combined with white dress.

There is a difference in a hairband and in diadems (tiaras). As this was a festive event with a 'dressed up' dresscode and as pearls are perfect for daywear, I thoughg Princess Sofia looked great on her son's baptism.

Yes I am well aware of the difference.

The headband should of been left off, for reasons I already stated.

LaRae

I thought the white dress, the typical "Sofia hair" and the headband gave her a very Nordic look. You know, Brünnhilde, Sieglinde, Isolde, and that sort of women ;-)

Princess Sofia must have been inspired by Crown Princess Mette Marit on another baptism: picture.

:previous:agree that her hairdo, best for her so far, and hairpiece gave a Nordic feeling. Also looked low key, IMO vs maddies large updo for her baptism, which I still loved. The suit was an unfortunate choice for her, IMO because of the cut. For something made to order, it didn't really fit well, generally too tight. She is too tiny for a peplum. The same dress in a cut that victoria had would have been prettier. She is petite with a large bust which is not easy to dress.what I love is that she is obviously in love with her husband and baby and enthralled with her sil victoria and taking many cues from her
The shoes were terrible.

The idea of the lace dress was good, but I am not a fan of the peplum. The headband was okay, but that severe part in the hair is always a distraction for me. She was dressed appropriately for the occasion, not great, but okay.

Sorry but this was a miss for me. I find the large lace looks cheap and the peplum doesn't suit her body shape. I find the white a bit severe on her.

The head piece was the worst for me. It made me think of the headpieces in historical movies, like the Tudor times, expecting to see the veil behind it. Yes pearls are appropriate for the day, and a headband is good, but this looked too costumey, and more an attempt at a tiara without being one. When people call it Nordic I keep picturing the old fashioned Nordic and Germanic look with the big braids around the head, but pearls instead. Sorry just the image it brought. Prefer MM headband from Oscar, it was small and delicate, like a headband. This more a pearl fascinator

But she is glowing and happy, a very proud mom today :flowers:

Last edited:
Love the headband and outfit from what I can see.

I think the lace of Sofia's dress was beautiful and suited her, but I agree with those who aren't sure about her headpiece. I don't really know why, but there's just something about it that I find a little off - perhaps because not many other guests were wearing such a headpiece, so she felt a little grand compared with everyone else, despite the fact that it seemed that the dress code was "dressed up". Having said that, it is her son's christening - so I guess she can be more "dressed up".

:previous: I think any engagement that dictates dress uniform such as that worn by CP is, by definition, dressy.
I have to agree. I thought Sofia looked wonderful, in fact, she positively glowed, and who wouldn't at the baptism of a loved child. I thought her headpiece was lovely since she tends to style her hair close to the head and not give it any 'volume' on the top. The headpiece became the point of interest and balanced with the white of her lace dress. I am still not sold on the whole "peplum" deal, but I've seen an awful lot worse.

With all the negative comments about her shoes, I made a point of looking for them and to be honest, they were no worse or better than Victoria's. Madeleine's and even Sylvia!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/09/12/381E5C9800000578-3781310-image-a-3_1473419127253.jpg

What a wonderful christening :) I think Princess Sofia was looking so elegant, I even like the headpiece. Anybody know where Sofia's shoes are from ? Could they be from LK Bennett ?

I thought she looked lovely and I love the headbands both she and Victoria wore.

Difficult to imagine a more pleasant event.... all these lovely babies and Sofia and Victoria perfect dresses !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom