Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it that she stepped out of the princess box.
JMO, but she can never compete with Vic and Maddy in the princess fashion stakes. When she has been seemed to try that, we have raked her over the coals.
So good for her to go her own way.
I really do want to see other photos of this dress though. The color is yummy. :flowers:

It´s simply not her. Looks rather like a dress for Mette-Marit or Queen Máxima. But it doesn´t work for her because it looks so totally un-Sophia!

The colour suits her very well and overall she looks lovely, but the sleeves are too big! Sofia is small so she should wear fitting outfits so that she doesn't "drown" in her clothes. The fabric looks similar to crown princess Victoria's wedding gown. This dress looks like it could be easily modified and reused so hopefully we'll see it again! I think her own tiara is much prettier than this one, but I guess she must start somehere with the Bernadotte tiaras.

I like the dress, the fabric, the siluette and the colour. She can wear it....
Great also that she is wearing another tiara - for a change. But: this would have been a great tiara for the second day. For the first "most glittering day" she should have opted for a Diamond Tiara.
The coiffure is simply not good..... What a pity.
BYe Bine

Color is great...the material is not.

LaRae

I liked austere elegance of the dress and rich emerald colour. However, it overwhelmed Princess Sofia.

Last edited:

The colour is nice but thats about it and I agree it looks far too big on Princess Sofia.

unfortunately, i usually don't like what sofia wears in galas. she has yet to wear something i truly like. this time, colour is wonderful (and would have looked nicely matched with her emerald tiara) but the design for me is off.

on the 'new-ness' front though, happy claps on the new tiara (which suits her nicely) and to see her wearing a more daring design than she usually wears.

i am hoping to see sofia diving into the jewels vault more and more. clearly this time it went really well, even if this isn't a particularly impressive tiara. i think she will become more and more comfortable and hopefully we will see her with something different and new (yes, i am not the biggest fan of her own emerald tiara either).

Last edited:
It's an improvement on some of the other stuff she's worn to this event but still no. The fabric is awful and the design is too boxy.

She's swallowed up in the dress. It's too shapeless and stiff. The color is great though.

LaRae

I like it but it is a bit too big for her especially in the sleeves. Great color and fa

Not a great gown but I love the colour on her ... is it the sleeves??

Love the dress, love the simple tailoring, love the color, love the wintery neckline. She was a relief in between the bridal cakes taking all attention away from the esteemed laureates, the real main characters in this theatre.

Sorry, I find it frumpy. I can see that she was going for restrained elegance but it doesn't work for me.

Love the dress, love the simple tailoring, love the color, love the wintery neckline. She was a relief in between the bridal cakes taking all attention away from the esteemed laureates, the real main characters in this theatre.

Or they got dressed up to pay honour to the importance of the awards, not as an attention seeking attempt...

Although still not my favorite, definite improvement from last night. And one if not her best evening look :flowers:

The color is lovely and the style really suits her. Far more flattering than yesterday :)

I love she wore her hair up. She should have used this hairdo yesterday, the cut steel needed it. Great seeing her in a second new tiara, this one a bit more bling.

I much prefer this dress to the green one - I like that dusty pink colour.

I hate the dress, nothing that I can like it

This dress really suits her , far better than the green dress.

Sofia looks pretty tonight! Lovely colour and the dress fits much better than the green one. The tiara actually suits her very well, which is a bit of surprise for me. Nice and simple, the best overall for me today.

She looks really good. The color is great on her and it's good to see her being able to wear different types of tiaras and jewelry.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like a pant suit. Colour is beautiful though.

like yesterday, great colour but design of the dress is off, looks almost like something you'd wear to bed. however, since it is a simple design and totally unpretentious from a design point of view, it works much better than yesterday's, which on top of being shapeless was overly complicated.

happy that she is using other tiaras of the collection though! none of the ones she chose are tiaras i like, but these are steps towards seeing sofia soon wearing the more heavy-duty tiaras - such as the modern or the baden fringes, maybe even the Connaught!

The color is great! Not sure what I think about the dress? pantsuit? The top is off putting to me.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom