Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the dress design and colour, but it indeed looks too tight.
Not a fan of her hair and fascinator.

I also noticed that " tight" seemed be be the rule of the day for ladies dresses!

Loved the style/cut of the dress and the color on Sofia was quite lovely. The hair and fascinator were fine. BUT....the dress was a touch too tight on her. But I wil say that she looks wonderful for just having a child just a few weeks ago.

The color is lovely on her :flowers:

That said I do not like the style at all. The fussy drape/cape shoulders are too much on the dress. And the dress is too tight on her.

Is it really fair to criticize her dress for being too snug? I looked at the pix before I read the comments, and I didn't notice it. Her baby is five weeks old, she planned to wear this dress for the christening, and all some can say is it's too tight (translation: fat post partum princess).

No one is calling her fat. Simply a bad choice of dress. Sofia was aware when she chose the dress that she would be post-pardum. Certainly there is more flattering styles and materials that could have been chosen. She looks sensational in her red dress yesterday, not just because of the color, but because she chose a great dress that accommodated a post pregnant body.

Her dress was no tighter than that of several other attendees. Tight or too-tight dresses are very popular now. It seems a small courtesy to politely ignore women's body issues when possible.

I think Sofia looked very pretty today. Absolutely love the colour of her dress and above all she and CP look very happy.

I don't care for the dress itself and I guess the tightness has an up- and a downside. She's in great shape but it looks like it's an inch or so too tight for her right now. I don't mind something that is tight, but it should never look like it's bordering on uncomfortable, which it does now to me.

The hat though... Girl, what were you thinking. :ermm:

:previous: Kind of looks like she has a plate upside down on her head. Like Nicolas decided to throw his breakfast on Aunty's head and it stuck :ROFLMAO: Not a fan of fascinators but that really is a poor choice.

I do like the colour on Sofia but the style of the dress, the weird length and the cape type thing on her back did the outfit no favours. Also the "button" hat does not go well with the look.

Nice dress and very nice color - but it was a wee bit too tight.
I really liked the red dress she wore yesterday, she looked lovely & classy.
It is only been five weeks since she gave birth so it is okay to wear loose fitting dresses.

I actually think yesterday's dress in a lighter (red not for a christening, at least that shade) color would have been great today. With some jewelry and a hat. A long dress wasn't needed for a day event, and she would have fit in well with Mary two people down.

The skirt and color are beautiful. I agree with others about the pancake hat, cape-top, and tightness. The draping at the shoulders veered into costume territory.
To be clear, I do not have any issue with Princess Sofia's body and certainly do not advocate women rush to return to their pre-baby figure. I simply found Sofia's other post-baby appearances better.

I adored this dress and the cape was my favorite part. I thought it was dramatic and pretty, and flattering as well.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the dress for the Christening was very regal and a lovely colour. The material meant it had to be quite fitted, so I wonder if a lighter material such as chiffon would have "softened" the fit a little.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Sofia in a larger hat!

The dress is great but the head thing is just ugly! I don't think I'll ever learn to like fascinators, they look so ridiculous. A nice piece of jewellery or a proper hat for me, please.

I love the colour of Sofia's dress, but that's about it. The cape doesn't go to well with the dress, and I don't think the fitting of the dress itself is too flatering either. I love how she has colour coordinated her shoes and her clutch, though.

The colour looked good on her but not keen on the cut

Thought she was very brave to come out so soon after her own baby's birth I liked the dress the colour was very pretty on her IMO good for her!

Thought she was very brave to come out so soon after her own baby's birth I liked the dress the colour was very pretty on her IMO good for her!

Agree, and agree. :flowers:

I will be curious to see how she dresses for her son's christening.

I didn't like her outfit or the colour for oscars christening, but she's gotten back to amazing shape after Alexander's birth, and that's commendable

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
The dress is beautiful. But yes is liittle tight but still Sofia is so lovely.

Lovely dress on her, but right now far too tight. It is pulling in the chest and other places, and looks wrinkled. Would be happy to see her recycle this again as lovely choice on her, but she needs to be closer to pre-pregnancy weight. But nice to see her out, and smiling.

Agree with others, pretty dress but not to be worn during her post-pregnancy body phase.

I think its difficult to find good clothing at the moment but tightly fit dresses are not a solution.

It is snug on her. But that said, I think pregnancy has agreed with Sofia very much. She has looked stunning in this last year.

she looks lovely , pink suits her, must say for some reason she reminds me of Carl-Philips mother to look at ( younger version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom