Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 -

According to another poster, they did it on purpose....they are required to wear black/white outfits for the opening of parliment.

It could of be a coincidence I suppose but not likely given the situation.

LaRae

Ok so they're required to wear black and white BUT they had almost the same design on their jackets and the skirts were very similar and the heels were practically identical. That's what I'm saying. We can hem and haw all day about this and you have your opinion and I have mine. Im just stating my thought that it looked like a fashion mistake and I felt embarrassed for them. I doubt they did it on purpose. It's one thing to dress similarly but it's another to look practically identical. Moving on.

Last edited:
Ok so they're required to wear black and white BUT they had almost the same design on their jackets and the skirts were very similar and the heels were practically identical. That's what I'm saying. We can hem and haw all day about this and you have your opinion and I have mine. Im just stating my thought that it looked like a fashion mistake and I felt embarrassed for them. I doubt they did it on purpose. It's one thing to dress similarly but it's another to look practically identical. Moving on.

There's no reason to think they didn't coordinate. Why not....there's no issue if they did. I fail to understand why you would be embarrassed for them...they both look very nice.

The style used to be black evening dresses...I would imagine when that was being done there was a very similar style being seen on the ladies involved.

LaRae

There's no reason to think they didn't coordinate. Why not....there's no issue if they did. I fail to understand why you would be embarrassed for them...they both look very nice.

I agree. :flowers: What the matching outfits telegraph (to me) is that Sofia is part of the family and her sisters-in-law are doing everything to make her feel welcome. Nice gesture. (No one can claim Sofia is trying to 'stand-out' or is dressed inappropriately).

I prefer the outfit Sofia wore to the Opening of Parliament to the opera, though I'm not a huge fan of either of them.

Never mind the jackets for one moment, that is some look on Princess M's face is it not?

She was probably just focusing on the ceremony, Carl Philip and Victoria don't look terribly happy either. But, I can understand why you would think that.

(..)

I don't like the dress either. She should've paired it with a different shoe color too. Like burguny, velvet green or purple.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress is totally inappropriate to an Opening of General Synod and meeting Tawadros II, the current Pope of Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, who was the guest at the opening. Synod is the Swedish Church's highest governing body.
The dress is too form-fitting, her bra is showing and she is having way too big earrings to a church service. I also wondered did she have different earrings at her ears, of is it just the photo which makes it look like that. She should have had a coat over the dress, it would have saved her.
ROYOYPOR997A3736.jpg | Bernard Rübsamen
ROYOYPOR997A3753.jpg | Bernard Rübsamen

Not her best dress. Quite boring. But I wouldn't say that it's inappropriate. I'm also quite sure that bishops (at least the ones I know) have bigger worries than her clothing.

Oh my gosh! How was Sofia dressed??? Color, sheer material, totally inapproariate and awful too... The color reminds me of a nude/ocre shade... hope to never see it again... especially for a church service!

The dress is totally inappropriate to an Opening of General Synod and meeting Tawadros II, the current Pope of Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, who was the guest at the opening. Synod is the Swedish Church's highest governing body.
The dress is too form-fitting, her bra is showing and she is having way too big earrings to a church service. I also wondered did she have different earrings at her ears, of is it just the photo which makes it look like that. She should have had a coat over the dress, it would have saved her.
ROYOYPOR997A3736.jpg | Bernard Rübsamen
ROYOYPOR997A3753.jpg | Bernard Rübsamen

Yes I agree a coat would have been more appropriate especially at a Church synod meeting!

I don't know what I expected to see after reading the comments here, but it was not what I actually saw. I don't think there's anything at all inappropriate about Sofia's outfit. It's not too short, or too tight. Yes, it's form-fitting, but her form is a fine one and she is wearing undergarments so what's the problem? I think she looks great.

I don't know what I expected to see after reading the comments here, but it was not what I actually saw. I don't think there's anything at all inappropriate about Sofia's outfit. It's not too short, or too tight. Yes, it's form-fitting, but her form is a fine one and she is wearing undergarments so what's the problem? I think she looks great.

I agree glad I'm not the only one
The best part of form-fitting is it doesn't blow up and show the world your bottom

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree. It's not like it's glued to her body, it's a nice length, it has a high neck etc. It's not my favourite garment but I don't see anything inappropriate with it.

I like the outfit including the dreaded nude heel.

The VPL effect is a no-no in that it looks unpolished but I don't see the outfit as titillating or inappropriate for the event.

(..)

I'm probably one of the more conservative people here...honestly I can't see anything wrong with that dress at Church. The only critique is you can see her bra outline..she needs to correct that by wearing a slip or different type of foundation garments etc.

LaRae

Not her best dress. Quite boring. But I wouldn't say that it's inappropriate. I'm also quite sure that bishops (at least the ones I know) have bigger worries than her clothing.
Having slogged my way through years of our Synod and if they are anything like ours were, your bet you booties they do.
I don't know what I expected to see after reading the comments here, but it was not what I actually saw. I don't think there's anything at all inappropriate about Sofia's outfit. It's not too short, or too tight. Yes, it's form-fitting, but her form is a fine one and she is wearing undergarments so what's the problem? I think she looks great
I agree glad I'm not the only one
The best part of form-fitting is it doesn't blow up and show the world your bottom
Good grief! The only crime here is a fashion one. That dress is not nude, it is beige, really, really beige. She looks like the vanguard to the Beige Brigade! Now a more colourful bag and shoes would have really finished the ensemble perfectly.

As to the howls of "inappropriate for church", the woman is perfectly well covered and bra lines happen and the none of the church seemed to be looking askance at her. I expected something vulgar from the way people were going on. Inappropriate neckline, hemline too high or a slit at the back, front or side . . . but no, she's perfectly well covered from neck to knees.

I'm probably one of the more conservative people here...honestly I can't see anything wrong with that dress at Church. The only critique is you can see her bra outline..she needs to correct that by wearing a slip or different type of foundation garments etc.

LaRae

Oh gosh...my heart almost stopped after reading some of the comments in this thread and I was afraid to take a peek but I did and....really? What's so bad about what Sofia's wearing? The bra is a bit too visible, and as An Ard Ri said she should be wearing a coat but in general I think she looks fine.

(..)

I agree with royal rob...at least she's not flashing her thighs or her thong!

Very conservative dress, high neck long sleeved and covers the knee. The fabric is not sheer and not form fitting. The bra could be a smoother one, there are many instances of bras showing because of lighting in photography that. Don't show in real life.She looks very nice, IMO

:previous:I agree completely, the dress is very conservative and appropriate. I think if she used a bold colored clutch or shoes to break up the beige, it would of gone over better with others, IMO. :flowers:

(..) I don't get it either...I clicked on the pics expecting to be shocked...and wasn't.

LaRae

Very conservative dress, high neck long sleeved and covers the knee. The fabric is not sheer and not form fitting. The bra could be a smoother one, there are many instances of bras showing because of lighting in photography that. Don't show in real life.She looks very nice, IMO
Exactly! I don't think it is very pretty, but imagine it in a solid, pretty colour and it would have been a nice dress!

I think the dress works for a church service. A jacket in black, or red would have livened it up, and better foundation garments would do wonders, but that's about it. Nothing to make a fuss over.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The dress looks tight in the top and it makes her look busty in a cheap way. This dress is drawing criticism on other boards; when Sofia is being compared to Kim Kardashian in this dress the outfit is a fail.

A lot of people can't wear this colour - I think she pulls it off really well and looks smart and appropriate.

A pa pa a totally big miss for Sofia.

Inappropriate and insulting comments and comparisons have been removed. Please remember to treat the people you discuss with respect - criticism is fine and welcome, insults are not - thank you!

I prefer the outfit Sofia wore to the Opening of Parliament to the opera, though I'm not a huge fan of either of them.

She was probably just focusing on the ceremony, Carl Philip and Victoria don't look terribly happy either. But, I can understand why you would think that.
Thanks HereditaryPrincess, I believe again it is one of those, 'split seconds ' caught forever by the camera thing, so glad I am not royal !

:previous:I agree completely, the dress is very conservative and appropriate. I think if she used a bold colored clutch or shoes to break up the beige, it would of gone over better with others, IMO. :flowers:

Yes I agree. If chocolate brown shoes and clutch with gold. and chocolate earrings of small gems and long strands of matching gem necklaces would have been worn, believe outfit would have been a stunner and no nasty complaint would have been written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom