Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they suppose to be similar for the event or it was a coincidence? :ermm:Strange...because they totally match each other!

The protocol dictates that they dress in black and white.

As I said, it must be odd for Madeleine to show up at such events without her husband while her siblings, right next to her, are accompanied by their respective consorts.

It would be OK for Madeleine to show up alone in a minor royal event, but in a big occasion that draws a lot of media attention like the opening of parliament, it just reinforces the image of the "sad, lonely princess". I don't understand why Chris subjects his wife to such embarassing situations.
Apologies if I did not make myself clear, I meant Princess M looked very serious and it was a serious occassion. Just because she is a married woman does not mean she and her husband are obliged to go everywhere together surely? She is with her siblings and parents is she not?

Apologies if I did not make myself clear, I meant Princess M looked very serious and it was a serious occassion. Just because she is a married woman does not mean she and her husband are obliged to go everywhere together surely?

No, but I bet she goes to "business" dinners and hosts Chris' clients occasionally to help his career. Why can't he show the same appreciation and support her in her job, at least in a major event like the opening of parliament ?

Again, it's his asymmetrical view of marriage as he is supposed to be "the breadwinner" and Madeleine's job is irrelevant.

PS: Yes, being a "royal princess" is a real job. No wonder William and Kate wrote down "prince/princess of the United Kingdom" as their occupation on their children's birth certificates.

Last edited:
I can't get a better view of the whole dress but from what I see this look is awful.... the dress seems cheap and more appropriate for a schoolgirl... I don't like how it ends because it makes Sofia's legs stumpy...
The shoes are, oh my, simply tacky...the wuld be fine for a nightclub... apart from also being not flattering on Sofia...

the dress and the shoes shorten Sofia... Dramatic change from the elegant suit she wore today...

this outfit of sofia is just wrong. shame, the jacket would have looked great with a more sophisticated kind of look (not lace!), and the shoes look simply not right and shorten sofia's legs.

Ugh...shes was doing so well....that dress is all wrong.

LaRae

They all got the "wear black and white" memo for the opening of parliament.

Great evening hairdo dress looks fine to me, from what can be seen.m.the evening jecket does not go very well or photograph well

:previous: I'm obviously going against trend, but I like her little cape very well, and from what I can see of her dress, I think it is a very lovely lace and the colour is wonderful.

She seems to be wearing nude stockings but I can't decide whether or not I like her shoes, a good side shot would answer that question I think.

Her hair is the cherry on top. Sofia is not going to get everything right first time out, but there was nothing at all outré about her entire ensemble.

Last edited:
I love the cape, personally. I think it's a lot of fun. The only part of the outfit I'm not crazy about are the shoes, but that's because I think only closed toed shoes should be worn with panty hose- but I know not everyone thinks that.

What an odd outfit, nothing matches in it. The cape isn't beautiful, it looks like an armour and doesn't suit such a tiny woman like Sofia. She should have had another shoes if she was going to wear a lace dress. These shoes are ugly and too much with the lace dress. Something in her outfit make her legs look short. And it would be nice to see her recycle her clothes more and not always having new outfits.

Its a miss for me too. Not liking the cape and the shoes are super tacky.

She was very elegant on the Parliament but the night outfit it is all wrong.

I like Sofia's out fit the only things I didn't like was the buckle on the cape and I think she should have worn solid blue shoes no lace.

Does she have a stylish? that cape is all wrong in that dress...maybe the dress was beautiful but the cape ruins all....and the shoes are awful taste also...:sad:

That outfit is horrible. :eek:

The cape does not go with the dress one bit and the open shoes with the panty hose is just awful. Does it have a print motif on the feet? I can't believe they let her out of the door looking like this.

:previous: I'm obviously going against trend, but I like her little cape very well, and from what I can see of her dress, I think it is a very lovely lace and the colour is wonderful.

She seems to be nude wearing hose but I can't decide whether or not I like her shoes, a good side shot would answer that question I think.

Her hair is the cherry on top. Sofia is not going to get everything right first time out, but there was nothing at all outré about her entire ensemble.
I was thinking the same, she is not inappropriately dressed for the occacion. There are certain things that I would change about the outfit. The shoes look a little off with the hosery but they are great shoes, the cape is lovely but I would have prefered it with a sheath dress. Can't really see the dress too well, but the color is good. All-in-all not bad, not fabulous, but not bad.

Her hair looks lovely. I'm definitely NOT a fan of that style of shoe, very few people wear them well, imo. Evidently enough people buy them as they have been around for awhile.

...I can't believe they let her out of the door looking like this.
Well, I think Prince CP has trained "them" that he and his wife will just take their royal selves off and yacht somewhere warm if the door is barred. :whistling:

For the opening of parliament Sofia and Madeleine had almost the same outfit on, how embarrassing, you'd think they would coordinate before the event so that doesn't happen.

Maybe they did that on purpose.

LaRae

What an odd outfit, nothing matches in it. The cape isn't beautiful, it looks like an armour and doesn't suit such a tiny woman like Sofia. She should have had another shoes if she was going to wear a lace dress. These shoes are ugly and too much with the lace dress. Something in her outfit make her legs look short. And it would be nice to see her recycle her clothes more and not always having new outfits.
We have had this discussion about almost all new royals and to be honest, the wardrobe of Sofia Hellquist, live in lover of Prince Carl Philip would not have nearly enough of the "right" kind of clothing for Princess Sofia, wife of Prince Carl Philip. As a consequence, she is going to spend quite some time adding to her wardrobe.

For the opening of parliament Sofia and Madeleine had almost the same outfit on, how embarrassing, you'd think they would coordinate before the event so that doesn't happen.

LaRae
Your are of course quite right, they did!

Since HM Queen Sofia set black and white as the 'order of dress' for the Opening of Parliament, it narrows the options just as much as the nature of the occasion itself does. It is formal, but it is not a funeral.

One thing I have noticed, going on other occasions where Sofia has attended an engagement, it seems easy to see that she is more than willing to take advice and seems to look to Victoria in formal situations.

We know that Victoria and Madeleine swap clothes around and that is not going to happen much with Sofia being so petite, but there are accessories and we all know that swapping them around really changes an ensemble.

Everyone looks good in these photographs :flowers:. Sofia looks particularly polished. Make-up is flawless. The cape seems sensible as there may have been a chill in the air. I have no problem with the outfit. It may not have photographed well is all.

LaRae

Why would they do that? I could see being similar, as in princess Victoria's case where she wore black with white trim. But why be almost exactly the same outfit? What would that accomplish? My first thought upon seeing it was not that they were being clever but that they must have picked from the same closet. I could see M and V doing something like that because they're sisters and very close but M and S have made it known that they aren't buddy buddy.

Why would they do that? I could see being similar, as in princess Victoria's case where she wore black with white trim. But why be almost exactly the same outfit? What would that accomplish? My first thought upon seeing it was not that they were being clever but that they must have picked from the same closet. I could see M and V doing something like that because they're sisters and very close but M and S have made it known that they aren't buddy buddy.

According to another poster, they did it on purpose....they are required to wear black/white outfits for the opening of parliment.

It could of be a coincidence I suppose but not likely given the situation.

LaRae

Okay, we have covered the basics namely the dress code is black and white. I was not surprised at Victoria's ensemble and I am sure the vast majority of those that follow these threads weren't either, for the simple reason that she wore that suit when she was last pregnant. Simply put, it fits!

As to those who insist that Madeleine and Sophia are not friendly, we only have the tabloid rags "word" to prove that and I don't know about anyone else, but I need more than their assertions to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom