Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good. The blue dress is very flattering. Much better than the red one she wore to the Sweden dinner. She's dressed for the occasion. Good job!

Very nice and simple, good color for her.

LaRae

I agree. Very nice dress on her.

Last edited:
I really like Sofia's arrival outfit.

I like the blue dress but I do not like Sofia's hair, since the dinner took place the same day she arrived then maybe she did not have time to do anything with her hair, and if so this is probably better than wearing long.

The black and white outfit is nothing special but is appropriate for the event. I like Sofia's hair in this picture and at the Sweden Dinner. I don't have a problem with this hair style on Sofia (or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge) in and of itself, it is only a problem when there is a lot of fiddling with the hair or if that hair style does not complement the outfit or is not suitable for the occasion.

I think that the dress Sofia wore to the Sweden Dinner is a nice dress overall but I think that she should have worn a dressier dress to the dinner, among other things, it would have been a better complement to her husband's tuxedo.

i also liked the blue dress sofia chose. it looks nice, simple and elegant.

she's doing a pretty good job at recycling as well...

I agree Carlotta. The color is a great choice and the style is flattering.

. . . . . arrival in hotel
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=9191893b4270b38fad6acb443ee67e16&oe=56753959repeated GANT top from Värmland visit
This photo says it all. Sofia's hair is relatively fine and flyaway without being dealt to fairly severely by a hairdresser who meant business. Just look at that fine fluff and then look again at the hairstyle she wore for the Swedish dinner.

http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/4b/f6/4bf6c779ffe9465ab63f6fe907a88abb/680@80.jpg

You had better believe that hair had been beaten into submission.

I loved the style she wore for the dinner, it was soft, feminine but not overly fussy or inappropriate to the occasion. As indeed was her LBD. I think CP must be so proud of his Lady, she's doing him proud.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/27/12/2BAFAACD00000578-3212787-image-m-8_1440676035559.jpg

I thought the trouser suit Sofia wore was elegant and absolutely perfect for the occasion and, since she was inside in a controlled environment, her hair not only suited her ensemble, it looked elegant. The biggest plus is that in a controlled indoor environment her hair is not exposed to the vicissitude of the weather and she doesn't seem to be addicted to playing with her hair.

http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/75/f7/75f72700c1204891b0fffa9f39568f3b/680@80.jpg

What is apparent from the above photo is, that when needs must she is going to take a leaf from Victoria's book and tie her hair back to present a professional face. And, when time affords, she'll do something a little more special, or rather she'll have time for the hairdresser to do something special.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/90eb12e4d18c07c793067781024693de/tumblr_nucpo0mZQ11uvsagxo5_500.jpg

While giving her speech, she looked fine and even though her hair was down, the big screen shows the story. Everyone can see her whole face, her expressions, how she holds herself, how she communicates and so far it's all good. Initially a little hair in the face but no self-conscious hair fiddling.

What is becoming clear is that she seems to be taking her cue from Victoria and dressing and acting accordingly. So from rain, with damp frizzy hair and gumboots to snappy, pin-striped pants suits, she looks like she means business.

Last edited:
While giving her speech, she looked fine and even though her hair was down, the big screen shows the story. Everyone can see her whole face, her expressions, how she holds herself, how she communicates and so far it's all good. Initially a little hair in the face but no self-conscious hair fiddling.

Yep. She only touched her hair a few times, and that was to push it back when it flopped over her face when she was leaning forward to refer to her notes. Perhaps in future we will see those shorter bits tied back when she's giving speeches so that doesn't happen.

What is becoming clear is that she seems to be taking her cue from Victoria and dressing and acting accordingly. So from rain, with damp frizzy hair and gumboots to snappy, pin-striped pants suits, she looks like she means business.

She has certainly impressed me so far.

Sofia has been rocking it so far - I look forward into seeing more of her outfits as time goes on. I think she has been having a trendy but conservative style since she married Carl Philip.

The blue dress is stunning.

I prefer Sofia's too. She looks very nice. I like that texture to her top.

LaRae

Sofia is very elegant and sure is better her look from Madeleine.

Last edited:
Sofia looks very nice, and I have to say, that since she married she really hasn't had a major wardrobe blooper yet. Very impressed.

Are they suppose to be similar for the event or it was a coincidence? :ermm:Strange...because they totally match each other!

Sofia looks the best out of them 3. Madeleine's jacket has an ill shape to it and Victoria's hairstyle is that of an old lady.

They match in color other than that two different outfits. From these pictures I think they all discuss color for this event.

It's the modern Swedish court's nod to the former black and white official court dress.

I think Sofia was the best dressed royal woman of the party today... but I can't say much as both Madeleine and Sofia had a strikingly similar suit!

The Duchess looked very polished and professional today at the Opening of the Swedish Parliament.

Never mind the jackets for one moment, that is some look on Princess M's face is it not?

As I said, it must be odd for Madeleine to show up at such events without her husband while her siblings, right next to her, are accompanied by their respective consorts.

It would be OK for Madeleine to show up alone in a minor royal event, but in a big occasion that draws a lot of media attention like the opening of parliament, it just reinforces the image of the "sad, lonely princess". I don't understand why Chris subjects his wife to such embarassing situations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom