Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
her best appearance was probably at the dinner. she was correctly dressed for the event, looking neat and elegant. i also liked her raincoat ensemble with boots for the event in the forest, but not sure about the black skirt and patterned dress she wore, there are more appropriate outfits for the weather and the events.

August 28: Princess Sofia at the inauguration of "the Lilian Look" exhibition in Stockholm. I adore the colour of the dress but don't think her shoes go too well with it (I would've preferred black ones):

Full view

Her shoes are from Kurt Geiger.

gorgeous dress, great color, fit and neckline. I think the shoes are fine with it. Could use some jewelry

Yes love the blue dress on Sofia today!

LaRae

August 28: Princess Sofia at the inauguration of "the Lilian Look" exhibition in Stockholm. I adore the colour of the dress but don't think her shoes go too well with it (I would've preferred black ones):

Full view

Her shoes are from Kurt Geiger.
Hmm, the nude look is definitely de rigueur these days. It seems even Queen Silvia is not immune however, she matched he clutch which seems to be yet another no no. So, no win.
A great look and the hairstyle is lovely on her.
I like a princess that knows how to rock the neckline of her dress. Just as the LBD before, with it's unusual armholes, this gorgeous blue has an almost off-the-shoulder look which would have been totally lost had she worn her hair down. I also like how the waist is nipped in with a matching belt.

Lovely, just right for the occasion.

Not a fan of the color chosen for the shoes, and the black clutched looked a bit mistmatched. The general look was fine.

She looks nice the shoes and bag don't have to match , matching is apparently a no no in fashion these days.

Dress was a good choice all around. I don't mind the shoes and am glad that matching head to toe has gone by the wayside, for now at least. Queen Sylvia's shoes didn't match!!

Perfect dress but i think the shoes don't much very.

The queen and other ladies seemed to wear floor-lengh dresses, so I wonder why Sofia chose a knee-lengh one. It would be fine for a simple cocktail I guess. I wish she would do something for her hair...

The queen and other ladies seemed to wear floor-lengh dresses, so I wonder why Sofia chose a knee-lengh one. It would be fine for a simple cocktail I guess. I wish she would do something for her hair...

Which dress are you referring to?

That is what I thought Marty91. There are three photos but I don't see the queen. Maybe I need a cup of tea!!

LOL Sorry, I was the one who was mistaken. No queen on the pics, you are right.:lol: Don't know what I saw...:ROFLMAO:. Anywa, I can't see much of the other ladies, but it looked like long dresses were showed off...

LOL Sorry, I was the one who was mistaken. No queen on the pics, you are right.:lol: Don't know what I saw...:ROFLMAO:. Anywa, I can't see much of the other ladies, but it looked like long dresses were showed off...

Mistook me too Marty I was looking for the queen :lol:

There was a gallery of pics posted on another thread earlier but it seems to not be there now (just one pic showing). It seemed to be a mixture of short and long dresses if I saw it correctly! Still no Queen tho Marty :flowers:

There was a gallery of pics posted on another thread earlier but it seems to not be there now (just one pic showing). It seemed to be a mixture of short and long dresses if I saw it correctly! Still no Queen tho Marty :flowers:

Yesm you are right. I saw that gallery as well...It seems that a dress code was necessary then.

Quite a strange mix of outfits. Considering that some of the men aren't even wearing ties, and even CP seems to be wearing a brown suit and blue tie, I think Sofia's outfit was quite appropriate. I think the long dresses some of the women are wearing look more like maxi-dresses of the sort you could wear to an informal party at any time of day or night than evening gowns.

Perhaps there was no dress code stated on the invitation, or it was "come as you are". :D

As for the outfits worn to the function in Stockholm for "the Lilian Look", I liked her blue dress very much though I would have much preferred both ladies to be wearing shoes that matched their handbags.

I hope this trend to wear beige shoes ends quickly, and people get back to wearing matching shoes and bags. I know the fashion dictators decided to call them "nude heels", but to me they are just beige shoes, and they do not work with an outfit unless there is some beige somewhere else in the outfit, whether it be in the clothing or matching handbag.

I think a preference for matching is something that's hard-wired into a person though. For me it's not just a preference, it's a need. I clench my teeth when I see a photo of one of the royal ladies wearing outfits that don't meet my requirements for matching. It's the first thing I notice. I do a quick scan and see how the colours mix and match, then I look at the details.

It's a cocktail dress not a Gala dress, she is not dress for the ocassion, she sure choose a "safe" dress, but not proper for the ocassion

It's a cocktail dress not a Gala dress, she is not dress for the ocassion, she sure choose a "safe" dress, but not proper for the ocassion
Most people had dresses the same style. The only I see in lonng dress is the woman next to her and that's more a maxi-dress than a gown.

I think a lot of the royal women dress with the times, in this time in fashion matching is out. It is considered old fashioned and should not be done by any one . I think at times it can look overdone by some of the princesses way too much of the same color.

The problem with everyone trying to wear nude shoes is that if it does not match your skin tone it looks wrong. The right shoe color that matches your skin is supposed to elongate your legs.

pictures of tonights evening dinner:

why are victoria and the queen in long dresses and sofia is in a short cocktail dress? did no one warn her that this evening reception needed long dress?

APA-PictureDesk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom